• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Chiefs (AFC Championship)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s all good, I would expect no different from any fan of an opposing team.

I have been a Chiefs fan for 50 years. Too young for the first SB and suffered through many bad teams only to get some hope and then crushed by Marty and a couple years with Vermeil. The problem with many Chiefs fans is they came in when Mahomes started winning and lack the appreciation and humility of getting their brains beat in for 5 decades.
man Lamar/Mahomes era fans (there are many and are annoying) have no idea what the Chiefs used to be. I still remember going to the game vs the Chiefs in 09 and Brodie Cryole was your starting QB lol. Then all those Matt Cassel years ...Now were both spoiled with legendary QBs

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
There's levels to this. Chiefs defense is good. Ravens defense is GREAT. This an all time type of defense.
I love this defense, but really think were going to have to win in a shoot out(weather dependent). We just havent played truly great QB this year. Its encouraging that we beat up Goff, injured Burrow, Tua, etc.... but the only QB we played close to Mahomes talent level was Stafford, and he diced us up no problem.

GodIsGreat

Veteran
but the only QB we played close to Mahomes talent level was Stafford, and he diced us up no problem.
They did face herbert and stroud who is the greatest rookie qb in nfl history, mahomes would usally dice defenses like this up especially one that blitz, but don't think he has the wrs for it.

Tank

Hall of Famer
man Lamar/Mahomes era fans (there are many and are annoying) have no idea what the Chiefs used to be. I still remember going to the game vs the Chiefs in 09 and Brodie Cryole was your starting QB lol. Then all those Matt Cassel years ...Now were both spoiled with legendary QBs
Alex Smith had 5 strong seasons in KC.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I love this defense, but really think were going to have to win in a shoot out(weather dependent). We just havent played truly great QB this year. Its encouraging that we beat up Goff, injured Burrow, Tua, etc.... but the only QB we played close to Mahomes talent level was Stafford, and he diced us up no problem.
That's true, but Stafford was playing at the top of his game that day. If Mahomes plays his very best we're fucked. Just as they are if Lamar's at his best.

These superstar QBs can beat anyone on their day but, apart from that, we still have the advantage. Our defense is a little better and the rest of our offense is quite a bit better.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Y’all saw his burst.

Let 31 cook!
That was a nice run but all his other carries looked bad, and that was against a tired defense that Gus and Justice were have no problems with by that stage.

He won't fumble like Gordon but it doesn't really look like he's an upgrade as a runner.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That was a nice run but all his other carries looked bad, and that was against a tired defense that Gus and Justice were have no problems with by that stage.

He won't fumble like Gordon but it doesn't really look like he's an upgrade as a runner.
The Texans new we were going to be running as well.

Carptom1

Practice Squad
You’re cool peoples, big respect. The 2 chiefs fans I know from MD have been the 2 most arrogant pain in the ass fans I have ever met in my life
No doubt. Even when we were good we never won anything. Marty had a deliriously great record in the regular season. One year we were 14-2.his regular season record was like .712 . Defense was always top 3. But in the playoffs his record was .212. Losing 9-6 to the Colts about killed me. After that run of disappointment it got even worse. Todd Haley, Romeo Cornell, I figured we would never go to the Superbowl. Even the first few years with Reid I was frustrated. All of his warts from Philly came with him. Poor clock management, refusing to run, poor game management. Then here came this kid that played quarterback like he was playing in a sandlot. Crazy throws, left handed, no look, no fear. While enjoying the shit out of the last 6 years I also try to remain humble as a fan always realizing it will come to an end and all the other fans will relish in it.

Carptom1

Practice Squad
That's true, but Stafford was playing at the top of his game that day. If Mahomes plays his very best we're fucked. Just as they are if Lamar's at his best.

These superstar QBs can beat anyone on their day but, apart from that, we still have the advantage. Our defense is a little better and the rest of our offense is quite a bit better.
I don’t know if that’s true or not. Even if Mahomes plays great we could still lose. I assume you guys will take away Kelce and to some extent Rice. Scantling has the potential to have a huge game, he has done it in the past. I just don’t know if this will be enough. I really feel the only way we win is holding you down to 17-21 points and try to squeeze one out. If it’s high scoring we lose. We don’t have that kind of firepower especially against a defense such as yours

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Lmao Rams had Kyren/Puka/Kupp... this team has Pacheco/inconsistent rookie/old man distracted Travis Swift. They are not the same. To say this is going to be a shootout is kinda ridiculous considering that's also disrespecting their best unit, their defense.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
They did face herbert and stroud who is the greatest rookie qb in nfl history, mahomes would usally dice defenses like this up especially one that blitz, but don't think he has the wrs for it.

Truth is, they don't have near the firepower needed to have a "shootout" type of game.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I don’t know if that’s true or not. Even if Mahomes plays great we could still lose. I assume you guys will take away Kelce and to some extent Rice. Scantling has the potential to have a huge game, he has done it in the past. I just don’t know if this will be enough. I really feel the only way we win is holding you down to 17-21 points and try to squeeze one out. If it’s high scoring we lose. We don’t have that kind of firepower especially against a defense such as yours
I hope you're right but I fear that if Mahomes plays great someone's going to step up to play well with him.

I just feel that, with QBs this good, how well each of them plays on the day is by far the biggest factor in the game.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
They knew Hill and Edwards were going to run too, by that point, and they couldn't stop them.

I may be missing something too, but isn't Chris Jones their only guy on the DL who is above average, let alone elite? He's not a power guy either, Linderbaum should shut him down.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I may be missing something too, but isn't Chris Jones their only guy on the DL who is above average, let alone elite? He's not a power guy either, Linderbaum should shut him down.
Jones is pretty powerful and long. We've fucked up if we leave Tyler 1-on-1 with him.

Karlaftis and Omenihu are pretty good too. It's not a great run defending line but their linebackers are massive to make up for that. It's been a good defense all season and Spagnuolo's playoff gameplans always raise it to another level.

Nothing will be easy against them.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jones is pretty powerful and long. We've fucked up if we leave Tyler 1-on-1 with him.

Karlaftis and Omenihu are pretty good too. It's not a great run defending line but their linebackers are massive to make up for that. It's been a good defense all season and Spagnuolo's playoff gameplans always raise it to another level.

Nothing will be easy against them.

Eh I completely disagree. I can see this being a 34-10 game very easily if we play our best

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I swear there’s some naive fans that make it seem as if it’s the QBs that are playing each other, like there’s no one else on the teams that makes a difference. lol

This is going to be a good, tight game. I think we have the better team this year and if our players execute we will come out on top. We’ve had some inconsistent play in the past in the biggest moments, but that all seems to be in the past.
Here’s to a great, injury free game! Go Ravens!

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, I swear there’s some naive fans that make it seem as if it’s the QBs that are playing each other, like there’s no one else on the teams that makes a difference. lol

This is going to be a good, tight game. I think we have the better team this year and if our players execute we will come out on top. We’ve had some inconsistent play in the past in the biggest moments, but that all seems to be in the past.
Here’s to a great, injury free game! Go Ravens!

Fully agree with the first part. Fully disagree with the middle. We come in there and hit them in the mouth, we could make this thing another blowout W.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
No doubt. Even when we were good we never won anything. Marty had a deliriously great record in the regular season. One year we were 14-2.his regular season record was like .712 . Defense was always top 3. But in the playoffs his record was .212. Losing 9-6 to the Colts about killed me. After that run of disappointment it got even worse. Todd Haley, Romeo Cornell, I figured we would never go to the Superbowl. Even the first few years with Reid I was frustrated. All of his warts from Philly came with him. Poor clock management, refusing to run, poor game management. Then here came this kid that played quarterback like he was playing in a sandlot. Crazy throws, left handed, no look, no fear. While enjoying the shit out of the last 6 years I also try to remain humble as a fan always realizing it will come to an end and all the other fans will relish in it.
2019 humbled me as a football fan like no other event could lol

Carptom1

Practice Squad

Chris Jones is not a power guy???? That’s pretty funny. Obviously you haven’t watched him much. He is often double teamed. He lines up at different positions along the line. They focus on placing him against your weakest link. Karlaftis is the speed guy on the outside. I would imagine the Chiefs will attempt to muck up the inside and make you guys run to the outside. Our linebackers are fast and our backs tackle well. If they come from the outside and allow Lamar to gash us up the middle we are in for a long day.