• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Chiefs (AFC Championship)

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chris Jones is not a power guy???? That’s pretty funny. Obviously you haven’t watched him much. He is often double teamed. He lines up at different positions along the line. They focus on placing him against your weakest link. Karlaftis is the speed guy on the outside. I would imagine the Chiefs will attempt to muck up the inside and make you guys run to the outside. Our linebackers are fast and our backs tackle well. If they come from the outside and allow Lamar to gash us up the middle we are in for a long day.

I can honestly say that I haven't paid much attention to the Chiefs this year because quite frankly they bore me.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Y’all think tickets are gonna drop or just don’t be dumb and buy now?
The lowest I see on Seat Geek as I write this is $490... without fees. I'm hoping for a drop by tomorrow. If so... I'm flying out Sunday Morning for the game. If they don't drop, then I'm just watching from home.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I think Kelce is the key. I know Rice has looked pretty good lately but I just don't think he's gonna be an X factor. Maybe in years to come. But kot on Sunday.

Also don't give a fuck about Pacheco really. He'll get his. Every good running back does against us. But as long as big plays are limited in the run game, it's not gonna be the difference in the game.

The thing that can beat us is Mahomes doing what Brock Purdy couldn't. Which is consistently beat us over the middle with their all world tight end. Mahomes isn't gonna pull a Purdy. Kelce is better than Kittle too. Plus that's where the championship DNA is too.

Roquan, Queen, Jmad, Pierce > Chiefs OL and Pacheco.

Marlon, BSteve, Darby, Maulet > Rice and Scantling

Marcus Williams <<<<<< Kelce
The question is gonna be what can Hamilton do? Because if Hamilton can erase him, then I bet Clowney, KVN, and JMad can feast.

But if Mahomes can just get the ball out quick over the middle and bleed us to death, he will and they'll win.

I'm taking Kyle though. I think he's the second best player on the team behind Lamar. He's ready. He won't erase, but he'll limit him

Carptom1

Practice Squad
I think Kelce is the key. I know Rice has looked pretty good lately but I just don't think he's gonna be an X factor. Maybe in years to come. But kot on Sunday.

Also don't give a fuck about Pacheco really. He'll get his. Every good running back does against us. But as long as big plays are limited in the run game, it's not gonna be the difference in the game.

The thing that can beat us is Mahomes doing what Brock Purdy couldn't. Which is consistently beat us over the middle with their all world tight end. Mahomes isn't gonna pull a Purdy. Kelce is better than Kittle too. Plus that's where the championship DNA is too.

Roquan, Queen, Jmad, Pierce > Chiefs OL and Pacheco.

Marlon, BSteve, Darby, Maulet > Rice and Scantling

Marcus Williams <<<<<< Kelce
The question is gonna be what can Hamilton do? Because if Hamilton can erase him, then I bet Clowney, KVN, and JMad can feast.

But if Mahomes can just get the ball out quick over the middle and bleed us to death, he will and they'll win.

I'm taking Kyle though. I think he's the second best player on the team behind Lamar. He's ready. He won't erase, but he'll limit him
If you guys played zone and not man I would agree. Kelce is a zone killer. Man not so much. He has certainly lost a bit due to his age and I would say kittle may have caught him. I would imagine the Chiefs will take some shots with both Watson and Scantling. Both are field stretchers but inconsistent at best. Scantling does have a knack for coming through in big games.. he made a couple great catches last week.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you guys played zone and not man I would agree. Kelce is a zone killer. Man not so much. He has certainly lost a bit due to his age and I would say kittle may have caught him. I would imagine the Chiefs will take some shots with both Watson and Scantling. Both are field stretchers but inconsistent at best. Scantling does have a knack for coming through in big games.. he made a couple great catches last week.

I have a feeling it might be bc of that injury he suffered early in the year.

I could be wrong

Carptom1

Practice Squad
I have a feeling it might be bc of that injury he suffered early in the year.

I could be wrong

I would agree he has been off all year. Two years ago no one person could have covered him. Hamilton is awesome but if he has him in single coverage, he will get schooled a couple times. Kelce can be pretty crafty and knows he’s getting towards the end.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would agree he has been off all year. Two years ago no one person could have covered him. Hamilton is awesome but if he has him in single coverage, he will get schooled a couple times. Kelce can be pretty crafty and knows he’s getting towards the end.

You are correct; Kelce-Swift will get schooled a couple of times.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
MM calls a very multiple defense where all looks are sampled. Our corners have erased even elite WR talent. TEs..... Not so much

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
MM calls a very multiple defense where all looks are sampled. Our corners have erased even elite WR talent. TEs..... Not so much

Kelce-Swift is currently elite, or does he live off of his past success?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Did you watch him last week? Playoff Kelce has been like his old self. That's championship DNA. That's what our team needs to forge this year right now

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not at all. He makes it easy, being so whipped.
Worth pointing out the dolphins were proven frauds who were dead on arrival in the wild card game, still needed two classic BS roughing calls on Mahomes on 3rd down including one with blatant holding right in front of the ref. The Bills and barely beating Easton Stick and Patriots x2, lost to the bengals and broncos, and also injury ravaged. Their fans keep thinking we’re the Eagles too.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Worth pointing out the dolphins were proven frauds who were dead on arrival in the wild card game, still needed two classic BS roughing calls on Mahomes on 3rd down including one with blatant holding right in front of the ref. The Bills and barely beating Easton Stick and Patriots x2, lost to the bengals and broncos, and also injury ravaged. Their fans keep thinking we’re the Eagles too.
They're phony. Act all nice like on other team forums and end up assholes if they win or crying about refs if they lose.

Carptom1

Practice Squad

I love overconfident fans that give us absolutely no chance. While I understand we would have to play in the top 90% of capacity in order to win your margin of error is far greater. Same crap I heard on the Niners site along with Philly. While I don’t think he will go off for 120 and two TDs, he will make some plays.