• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs. Chiefs (AFC Championship)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seatgeek just absolutely fucked me. I had my selection as 2 tickets everytime I have checked. I saw a good deal and confirmed on Apple Pay and the result said I BOUGHT THE ONE ticket instead of the pack of 2, and now I can’t buy the one ticket next to it. Fuck me
Go get friendly with your section bud it’s gonna be a fuckin good day for it

JPPT1974

Practice Squad
Defense wins you the game. Really need defense. Even better than that as Mark Andrews is back! Need him now more than ever!

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Yeah tbh I think that although Chiefs are playing their best ball at the end of the year hear, this is still one of the most vulnerable teams we've seen from them in awhile if not the most vulnerable during the Mahomes era.

Ravens fans no that it's probably going to require some amount of new processes with respect to the salary cap, good drafting, talent ascension, and health for the Ravens to be back in this position next year. This is probably our best chance we'll have for awhile.

Chiefs are probably going to be a better team next year conversely.
KC will, rightly, be SB favourites next year. Look at where they are, even though they got their roster construction wrong this season.
The Ravens will likely be where KC are now with a good defense but an incomplete offense around our star QB.

I wonder if that feeling of if not now, when?, will give us a little extra edge compared to KC who will all feel that they'll have an even better chance next season and beyond as their young draft picks mature.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
2k sounds cheap if you don't have miles.

Also if you're on a budget you shouldn't be buying tickets and flying into the game.
I assumed $600 round trip tickets from some place like Florida, $600 for two nights in a hotel, and $600 for a ticket. Another $200 or so for eating/drinking for two days.

Bottom line... events like this don't typically see large price fluctuations. I think people need to realize that the people trying to sell these tickets for $600 didn't pay $600 to buy them. They paid $200 or less in some cases. They're not going to lose a great deal of $ if they don't sell.

I sold my tickets in the upper deck to some friends at 2.5x face value. I could have easily made more by reselling on Stubhub or wherever. And I would never consider lowering the price even a penny, because I'd know I could make 2x by literally posting a message on social media for people to buy. In fact, if I had my tickets on Stubhub this morning, I'd consider raising the price, not lowering it.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
KC will, rightly, be SB favourites next year. Look at where they are, even though they got their roster construction wrong this season.
The Ravens will likely be where KC are now with a good defense but an incomplete offense around our star QB.

I wonder if that feeling of if not now, when?, will give us a little extra edge compared to KC who will all feel that they'll have an even better chance next season and beyond as their young draft picks mature.
Don't think we're anywhere close to being able to say who's a SB favorite next year or not. Chiefs team could look quite a bit different next year, and not necessarily for the better. They could have a new HC for all we know.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
2k sounds cheap if you don't have miles.

Also if you're on a budget you shouldn't be buying tickets and flying into the game.
I hear the airlines using Boeing planes are discounting flights considering the doors are falling off mid air… might want to avoid the exit row

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

I get that, but I've been thinking about it a little differently. The debate always was with WR's, at least, that none of them want to come here because of Lamar being "running QB" and us having a "run centered OFF." I just don't really see that as an argument for any player now. Lamar and Monken have made this quite an exciting unit to be a part of, so I think we likely have a lot more player interest in coming here today than we did, say, 2-3 years ago. And if we go all the way this year, I think you get even more player interest in filling roles we might need with players coming off contracts. I've always been in the frame of mind of the highlighted thought in the past too, but I think things might be changing a little with the deep Playoff run and an MVP QB.

But let's worry about this later after we take care of business! Let's GO!

Probably the principle that these clowns literally go through the process of creating a username and coming in here to post for all of like one week over the course of several years. Apparently there are no Chiefs message boards that they can post in.

People can do whatever they want, but honestly the thought of taking the time to even consider posting on a message board of a rival team makes literally no sense to me. I don't even understand the thought process of wanting to do it. Would could they possibly say that would be interesting?

I can tell you I can nail like 98% of what is said on a Chiefs message board without even looking at what's written. It's not overly difficult.
Really all Packer fans I talk to want the Ravens to win the SB. They all say Baltimore is easy to root for and they all love Lamar.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
In honor of the boys winning tomorrow I made all my Marines do the Ravens fitness test in full kit. A lot of people lost their breakfast lol. …. Safe to say of the few of the boys are now routing for the chiefs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
IMG_1657.png

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
With one sleep remaining, a sudden sense of calm, and quiet confidence has come over me. I believe we’re the best team in the league this year by a country mile and we have zero arrogance about it, but rather we know we’re the best and if we put in the work we win it all, and they’re prepared to put in that work the same they have all season, it don’t matter who lines up across from us anymore. We won’t be stopped.

I’ll see y’all tomorrow morning when I change my mind and shit my pants