• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Football is simple. Lose the trenches, lose discipline and give away the ball and you lose games.

The offence imploded.

Just capitulated completely when they had a chance to come back.
Turnover at the 1.
Turnover in FG range.

The other turnover gave the Chiefs 3 points... those 3 plays are more than worth the 7 points we lost by.

The complete disregard for running the ball despite only being down 10 for most of the game...

Was the worst case scenario that we all feared. Ravens beat themselves. Turnovers, penalties. Zay will be the poster boy for it with the taunting penalty, the dive at the 1 and then cutting his own hand in frustration. Lamar threw an awful pick and missed too many deep shots. But no one on offence is free of blame.

Defence gave up two straight TD drives to start the game and outside of 3 points off a short-field, didnt give up a point the rest of the game. Mahomes and Kelce were just better on those first two drives. Mike Macdonald's defence going out with a pretty decent showing in probably his last game as the DC.

Doesn't help that there was zero consistency from the refs. But the Ravens shouldn't have left it up to the refs.

What an awful way for the season to end.

And just like 2019, hard not to feel like this was the year. Not sure where we go from here.

I hate this game sometimes.

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
This was our shot and we blew it by doing whatever the fuck that was in the 1st half. I think we're losing too many players and potentially coaches next year

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
I don’t want to say this is on the refs, cause it’s not.

But holy shit does it fill me with fury to see out guys getting FUCKING TACKLED and not ever get so much as an illegal contact penalty
Fuck that, it was absolutely on the refs. To just ignore two DPIs like that while we were driving absolutely fucked us. Same with calling Zay for taunting while you let mr. Swift say whatever the fuck he wants to

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This was our shot and we blew it by doing whatever the fuck that was in the 1st half. I think we're losing too many players and potentially coaches next year

didnt blow it in the 1st half
we were 10 points down at the end of the 1st half and the chiefs didnt score another point the rest of the game...

blew it in the 2nd half by wasting too many opportunities... we lost by 7... we gave up a minimum of 6 (and likely 10) points off turnovers, and we gave the chiefs another 3 themselves from turnovers