• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Nightmare, the Turnovers and the Season's Over

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I didn't appreciate the comments Kelce made about Tucker, and Mahomes doesn't need another SB ring. Fuck em
Yea I already have to endure Burrow > Lamar talk, I’ll enjoy spinning it and saying Purdy > both. It’s an easy choice after how these asshole players and fans behaved, although 49ers fans don’t make it easy

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I probably won’t watch but the only thing I am interested in is to see what calls they get and how much Taylor Swift is shown. Hopefully the 49ers just run the ball

I won't watch it, either. I'll probably loosely follow the score just to see who wins, but I have zero interest in supporting the Super Bowl this year.
I sort of surprised not to be the only one not really interested in watching. For me it's that I'm just not that interested in either team, but I think I'll find it difficult not to have it on in the background, nevertheless. Seemed like every year, back in the day, we had a SB party, but no one is having one this year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I sort of surprised not to be the only one not really interested in watching. For me it's that I'm just not that interested in either team, but I think I'll find it difficult not to have it on in the background, nevertheless. Seemed like every year, back in the day, we had a SB party, but no one is having one this year.

could not have picked a more boring combination of super bowl teams for this year lol

any other combination of winners in the championship games would have been far more interesting

the worst-case scenario in both conferences

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
could not have picked a more boring combination of super bowl teams for this year lol

any other combination of winners in the championship games would have been far more interesting

the worst-case scenario in both conferences
I couldn't agree more. Good teams, just zero interest. I think I'd be more interested if they picked two teams out of a hat.

Something I was talking about with my friend the other day, why doesn't the NFL have the two runner-ups play for 3rd place the week of the Pro Bowl instead of that game. PB's a joke at this point anyway, so why not give the two teams another game to get the sour taste out of their mouths? College has the brief tourney now, so why not a Consolation Bowl for the NFL too? If you've still gotta have the Pro Bowl, it can be after the Super Bowl like I think it used to be.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I couldn't agree more. Good teams, just zero interest. I think I'd be more interested if they picked two teams out of a hat.

Something I was talking about with my friend the other day, why doesn't the NFL have the two runner-ups play for 3rd place the week of the Pro Bowl instead of that game. PB's a joke at this point anyway, so why not give the two teams another game to get the sour taste out of their mouths? College has the brief tourney now, so why not a Consolation Bowl for the NFL too? If you've still gotta have the Pro Bowl, it can be after the Super Bowl like I think it used to be.

because, just like in every other major tournament that makes the losers play each other for 3rd, no one really cares about the game... players dont care, coaches dont care, fans dont care and ultimately it's a meaningless game (it's not like the olympics where there's a bronze medal at stake)

and why waste time and effort (and possibly health) on a meaningless game... it'd basically turn into another preseason game and it would be played with the same vigour as the pro bowl

If your Dad has been a Niners fan that long he's had more SB celebrations than most. lol. But yeah... go Niners!

Gotta watch the SB no matter what, even if you turn the sound down. It's the Super Bowl!
Yup, still the biggest game of the year.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
because, just like in every other major tournament that makes the losers play each other for 3rd, no one really cares about the game... players dont care, coaches dont care, fans dont care and ultimately it's a meaningless game (it's not like the olympics where there's a bronze medal at stake)

and why waste time and effort (and possibly health) on a meaningless game... it'd basically turn into another preseason game and it would be played with the same vigour as the pro bowl
Yeah, I get it. Injuries are the main reason not to have such a meaningless game. I would have liked it for selfish reasons this year, just because the SB matchup is tired. And of course to end the season on a better note. But a loss would just send us all farther down the Pit of Pain. ;)

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Having to watch this game with mostly Chiefs fans was unbearable . The only positive was i was in Hawaii .

I accidentally knocked over a Chiefs fan bar table when Lamar threw the TD to Zay in the 1st quarter by jumping up and hitting my knee on
the underside of the table .LOL .

The bars there open up about 7 am Hawaii time on NFL days!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Short timer. lol
that i am. was still a redskins season ticket holder

It's also why i'm such a big Harbaugh fan. Sure he has his faults but i've also seen how hard it is to find a really good head coach.

Many ravens fans done get how good they have it.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Sooky

Pro Bowler
It’s been nearly two weeks since the AFC Championship and I’m still mad about that atrocious game plan on offense.
I would really like an explanation from coaches why this happens every playoffs. Makes no sense for the #1 running team to not run against the 28th rushing defense with their top run defender and linebacker out and they weren’t stacking the box. Yes throw against two top 15 corners.