• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
OT and RB needs to be a priority this offseason. Ideally we can draft a LT of the future, while letting Stanley play this year.

I'm hoping we tackle our running back woes via free agency. Saquon, Jacobs, Henry, Pollard, Zack Moss... there's potentially a lot of big name free agents at the running back position, which should drive the price down. Combo that with the general view of this being a weak RB draft class. I would be thrilled if we somehow land Saquon or Jacobs. Not too keen on Henry

i really dont think we need to enter the free agent market at RB really - we're a team that has to be efficient with its cap space... idk that spending a whole bunch on 1 RB is a particularly effective way to build a roster

it's not the greatest year for RBs in the draft but that doesnt mean there arent guys we can draft and add to Keaton and Justice

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
i really dont think we need to enter the free agent market at RB really - we're a team that has to be efficient with its cap space... idk that spending a whole bunch on 1 RB is a particularly effective way to build a roster

it's not the greatest year for RBs in the draft but that doesnt mean there arent guys we can draft and add to Keaton and Justice
Why is Edwards considered gone? Cap space?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He had more. Just one that really stood out due to the timing, he dropped a easy first down on the opening 3rd down against the chiefs, got us off on the wrong foot for sure. He had a good year, but he’s a guy I’m iffy on expecting good contributions year after year
not sure he gets a first down even if he does catch that ball. Probably would have been a yard short.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i mean tbf he did have some fairly major injuries in the 2023 season - had 2 roll-up injuries that if he'd been unlucky could have been season enders

and we can get rid of him - we'd get 8m cap space straight up for cutting him but would take on nearly 18m worth of dead money - it's hard to replace him with only 8m of space but it's something they could look at for sure - it might be a case of keeping him on the roster and then if we end up drafting someone high potentially releasing him in May
we can also cut him june 1 and save 15m. I don't see it happening though. I expect Stanley back next year, but as I've said before, I don't expect Stanley to be a Raven in 2025. We save 20m if we cut him in the 2025 offseason.

in RB years that's ancient lol

we probably are done with dobbins but if we arent it will be a low risk incentive-rich contract
28 is getting up there but I wouldn’t say ancient. lol. Derrick Henry is 30. I would take him in a heartbeat at the right price, for a 1 or 2 year deal.

I would say that Edwards is a known quantity, and with the right, cap friendly deal, I would be happy to have him back. JMO

Tank

Hall of Famer
28 is getting up there but I wouldn’t say ancient. lol. Derrick Henry is 30. I would take him in a heartbeat at the right price, for a 1 or 2 year deal.

I would say that Edwards is a known quantity, and with the right, cap friendly deal, I would be happy to have him back. JMO
Yeah, some here weren’t fond of the idea of him being RB1 last season so I wouldn’t put a lot of weight on those opinions. He accounted for 13 TDs last year and is healthy. I’m with you, thinking he will be on the 2024 roster.

Last edited:

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
OT and RB needs to be a priority this offseason. Ideally we can draft a LT of the future, while letting Stanley play this year.

I'm hoping we tackle our running back woes via free agency. Saquon, Jacobs, Henry, Pollard, Zack Moss... there's potentially a lot of big name free agents at the running back position, which should drive the price down. Combo that with the general view of this being a weak RB draft class. I would be thrilled if we somehow land Saquon or Jacobs. Not too keen on Henry
FA is a band aid though. Any of those guys are basically 1-2 year players, at most. Rather see us attack the RB market in the draft.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
itll need to be more than just adding depth at WR lol
we've got 2 guys and tylan at best - you need at least 3 guys to have a functional WR group
Short of resigning OBJ, as that lets them move money around, there isn’t really a starter they can afford outside of some 2m Agholor level player. The DLine needs to have starters and depth signed, and the secondary needs players, and the OLine needs a starter. That is a lot of holes to fill with very limited resources.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
King Henry and Keaton

Who says no?
King Henry is almost always under center and I don't recall him ever taking a handoff through the mesh point. That being said he still had 1100 yards and 900 of those were after contract. It would have to be a very reasonable contract, but still we could find a better fit.

I think we should offer JK an incentive laden contract, but not to be the starter.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah, some here weren’t fond of the idea of him being RB1 last season so I wouldn’t put a lot of weight on those opinions. He accounted for 13 TDs last year and is healthy. I’m with you, thinking he will be on the 2024 roster.

13 TDs because he was a redzone back and good at finishing off drives in short yardage...
those TD numbers say absolutely nothing about his effectiveness elsewhere

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
King Henry is almost always under center and I don't recall him ever taking a handoff through the mesh point. That being said he still had 1100 yards and 900 of those were after contract. It would have to be a very reasonable contract, but still we could find a better fit.

I think we should offer JK an incentive laden contract, but not to be the starter.

I would love JK back....but can you seriously see him finishing a full productive year at this point? Which leaves Keaton as his back up.

If Henry was available and a decent price I would take him. He does everything Gus does for us and then some. Still has break away speed and sheds blockers at a high level.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
not sure he gets a first down even if he does catch that ball. Probably would have been a yard short.
I think it’s highly unlikely he is stopped short, he had space, coverage defender was not over top but was tailing slightly, and agholor is a YAC threat. Had he caught that I think it takes a PERFECT tackle with outrageous closing speed to stop him short of the sticks

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it’s highly unlikely he is stopped short, he had space, coverage defender was not over top but was tailing slightly, and agholor is a YAC threat. Had he caught that I think it takes a PERFECT tackle with outrageous closing speed to stop him short of the sticks
It set the tone for the day. Constant let downs and what ifs