• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

Let’s say the Ravens don’t tag Justin Madubuike and he’s asking for more than we’re willing to pay… say $25 mill aav. Who would you pivot your attention to in Free Agency?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Let’s say the Ravens don’t tag Justin Madubuike and he’s asking for more than we’re willing to pay… say $25 mill aav. Who would you pivot your attention to in Free Agency?
Josh Allen. Without Madubuike we'll need someone that can be the guy along the line, and Allen would be a huge difference maker. Mike Onwenu, RT from the Patriots, is another higher up target I would throw extra money at if we couldn't/didn't bring back some of our bigger names.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I'm okay with this if he's cheap.

I would say Saquon is definitely the least 'done'* of all these vet RBs people are discussing. He's a genuinely exciting player. However he is quite injury prone and will be the most expensive. Too expensive given our needs.

*I don't think Pollard is 'done' but he showed last season that he can't be more than a 3rd down type of back and we already have one of those - who's really good in pass protection - so we shouldn't spend money on another.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Josh Allen. Without Madubuike we'll need someone that can be the guy along the line, and Allen would be a huge difference maker. Mike Onwenu, RT from the Patriots, is another higher up target I would throw extra money at if we couldn't/didn't bring back some of our bigger names.
Josh Allen is getting franchise tagged. He's not leaving Jacksonville.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
A hodge-podge of about 4-5 other guys at various positions. Really you can sign just about anybody if you don't tag JM. Or really two anybodies.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Please don’t re-sign Dobbins and Gus. We need a change

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Guessing they’re more backup options than guys they’d want to get done like today.
Gus, maybe, but I don’t see his value if we bring in Henry. If you bring in Saquon then it makes more sense to keep Gus, but I also want to keep Keaton and Justice. But then again it all depends on Keaton’s recovery

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don't mind at all if the team decides to bring back Dobbins or even Gus. Just don't think Gus will return given that it didn't seem like Monken really like him as much.
Which is a damn shame because we likely would have beaten the Chiefs had Gus gotten at least 10-15 more touches lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The Dobbins news is going to hurt. I don't want to see him leave, still believe in that dude.

Reason 4,576 why I can't be a GM
Honestly I think Dobbins’s career might be over pretty soon

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I don't get the hesitancy to re-sign Gus while wanting Henry.

The only FA back I'd want is Saquon (outside our own guys). Besides that perfectly fine with drafting one and an UDFA.

Simba

Staff Member
Gus has easily been 9ne of the most consistently good parts of our offense, and averages like 5 yards a touch. The only issue with Gus is OCs forgetting he exists in playoff games.
You’re not paying him for what he’s done. You’re paying him for what he’ll do going forward. He wasn’t super effective last year and it’s only going to get worse.