• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

It is pretty funny to me that the Chiefs won it in the Raiders' home, and got the biggest legend of the Broncos give them the trophy.

Just imagine the Ravens winning it in Cincy, and having some old Steeler have to pass them the trophy.
Icing on the cake.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The chiefs will be better next year too which is the funny part, Flowers will go to them as he rehabilitates his young troubled image, the media will demonize Baltimore for keeping him so they’ll cave and then crickets when Chiefs sign him

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The chiefs will be better next year too which is the funny part, Flowers will go to them as he rehabilitates his young troubled image, the media will demonize Baltimore for keeping him so they’ll cave and then crickets when Chiefs sign him
I'm so sick of this "weak" Chiefs team narrative. Their wrs weren't top tier. THAT'S IT.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I finally feel less dead inside. Didn't watch bowl. Maybe just needed another hated fanbase to lose to really get over it. Suck it Niners fans
It’s amazing. I’m on cloud nine. All of the Niner fans on YouTube calling Purdy “the real MVP” on Lamar’s speech video prior to the Super Bowl are nowhere to be found now.

Simba

Staff Member
Here are all of the guys that represent cap savings if cut...

Bowser seems like a given. Moses, Ricard, and maybe Mekari seem to be the biggest decisions that need to be made. Odell is also a given due to how they structured his revamped deal, unless they extend him of course. Stanley is the only other one that seems loosely plausible - it wouldn't shock me as much as it would some.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s amazing. I’m on cloud nine. All of the Niner fans on YouTube calling Purdy “the real MVP” on Lamar’s speech video prior to the Super Bowl are nowhere to be found now.
Purdy is a joke man, to be fair I didn’t watch but I assume he curled up and started crying when Deebo got hurt. Aside from some good scrambles he looked bad and fortunate to not have more turnovers these playoffs from what I saw

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I might get heat for this but I would love to sign Chris Jones. Such a high impact and disruptive player. He made so many game changing plays during the Super Bowl, even in the AFC title game against us he was a problem.

D1City55

Pro Bowler

Bowser seems like a given. Moses, Ricard, and maybe Mekari seem to be the biggest decisions that need to be made. Odell is also a given due to how they structured his revamped deal, unless they extend him of course. Stanley is the only other one that seems loosely plausible - it wouldn't shock me as much as it would some.

I would be stunned if Stanley gets cut. EDCs presser indicates they will give him another year. I wouldn’t rule out us drafting a LT this upcoming draft early(potentially round 1). Just can’t cut the guy with no succession plan, a bad OT can lead to bad consequences.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

OBJ and Bowser are gone, I suspect. I personally can't see them paying Ricard $4M or carrying him at $5M either. I think he'll need a paycut, extension, or be cut entirely, to stay.

I do think one of either Stanley or Moses are cut, likely the latter. I can't really see a world where they cut Stanley before the draft, even with that much cap savings available.

Mekari is a FA after '24, so I think they'll extend him and look to lower his cap #. His base comp is incredibly reasonable for one of the games best swing tackles. Especially when he could easily end up the starter at RT to start the year.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
OBJ and Bowser are gone, I suspect. I personally can't see them paying Ricard $4M or carrying him at $5M either. I think he'll need a paycut, extension, or be cut entirely, to stay.

I do think one of either Stanley or Moses are cut, likely the latter. I can't really see a world where they cut Stanley before the draft, even with that much cap savings available.

Mekari is a FA after '24, so I think they'll extend him and look to lower his cap #. His base comp is incredibly reasonable for one of the games best swing tackles. Especially when he could easily end up the starter at RT to start the year.
We all know where Ricard is going

Simba

Staff Member
I would be stunned if Stanley gets cut. EDCs presser indicates they will give him another year. I wouldn’t rule out us drafting a LT this upcoming draft early(potentially round 1). Just can’t cut the guy with no succession plan, a bad OT can lead to bad consequences.
Don't think you should be taking anything as fact out of a presser of all places. I'd still say it's on the unlikely side but I wouldn't be shocked whatsoever. To me, the decision on Stanley is much less about the cap as a whole or even a succession plan - it's about how many quality snaps you think Ronnie has left. The underlying tones to me seemed that they don't think there's much left in the tank... question being that is there 1 more year left or is this kind of who he is at this point?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Don't think you should be taking anything as fact out of a presser of all places. I'd still say it's on the unlikely side but I wouldn't be shocked whatsoever. To me, the decision on Stanley is much less about the cap as a whole or even a succession plan - it's about how many quality snaps you think Ronnie has left. The underlying tones to me seemed that they don't think there's much left in the tank... question being that is there 1 more year left or is this kind of who he is at this point?
Im quick to call someone ass loo but i do think stanley deserves another year.. been fighting injuries last few yrs and sometimes it takes a full year to get back in form

Simba

Staff Member
Im quick to call someone ass loo but i do think stanley deserves another year.. been fighting injuries last few yrs and sometimes it takes a full year to get back in form
I don't completely disagree. I'd run it back because I do think there were some games where he looked good. However, he was super inconsistent and his anchor was a question mark all year and I'm not sure that's getting any better at this point with what his lower body has been through.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I do agree with that. However, I don't see the Ravens getting to a point in the next 3-4 months (basically by the draft) where they have any real understanding of whether Stanley can return to a high level or not. Realistically, they're not going to know that until probably at least training camp, and likely not into the regular season.

And to be honest... I think if the Ravens thought they'd get 2023 Stanley in 2024, they'd probably still keep him, due to lack of realistic options (at least until the draft).