• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Bateman has always had the skills, he just wasn’t able to stay on the field and put it all together, but we’ve seen Bateman play really good football for long stretches, the targets just hadn’t been there. The targets will be there this year and there’s no reason to think a healthy Bateman can’t be a 800yd receiver at least
he's also up there among the best in creating separation

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
So we lost Chuck Pagano in 2011, of whom most thought the world was over when that happened just like when we lost Macdonald this year.

As for the WR corps, if Tez can be Torrey Smith for us honestly that’s pretty good. That’s all we really need because if he can prove to stretch the defense and relieve pressure up front then it helps Lamar & Henry and then you can let Flowers & Andrews eat up YAC through the middle of the field and even intermediate boundary.
Mcdonald got maultet a deal and outside of his ability to blitz, he is a below level cb for sure

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just tried to watch the lounge podcast with Nate Wiggins and I had to turn it off in 5 minutes. Mink and downing gotta go man. It’s like their key demographic is 8 year olds. Their questions fucking suck, all of them.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
So we lost Chuck Pagano in 2011, of whom most thought the world was over when that happened just like when we lost Macdonald this year.

As for the WR corps, if Tez can be Torrey Smith for us honestly that’s pretty good. That’s all we really need because if he can prove to stretch the defense and relieve pressure up front then it helps Lamar & Henry and then you can let Flowers & Andrews eat up YAC through the middle of the field and even intermediate boundary.
Yep but after Chuck we had the on the field DC (not to mention his on the field assistant at the back), so Dean Pees couldn't fuck up much. Not sure Agent Zero is on Ray's level.

Actually, I am sure - he isn't.

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just tried to watch the lounge podcast with Nate Wiggins and I had to turn it off in 5 minutes. Mink and downing gotta go man. It’s like their key demographic is 8 year olds. Their questions fucking suck, all of them.
I kind of like them, they’re so corny and cheesy and loft softballs all the time and take the optimism team media homer stance every single time but they’ve been here so long but have also been a part of making our media team one of the best. They even do podcasts on the team site now. I remember when Harbaugh gave Mink shit for his new hairstyle, they’re a part of this team and need to win a Super Bowl god damn it

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I kind of like them, they’re so corny and cheesy and loft softballs all the time and take the optimism team media homer stance every single time but they’ve been here so long but have also been a part of making our media team one of the best. They even do podcasts on the team site now. I remember when Harbaugh gave Mink shit for his new hairstyle, they’re a part of this team and need to win a Super Bowl god damn it
Downing has a ring from New Orleans, not sure about Mink.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I know he hates ingraven lol

Honestly I don't get why so many people don't like him. Videos run long sometimes but he's good for entry level fans I think. Would be nice if the teams had staff doing film break down but I understand where that can get messy. We might want more in depth interviews and info but the average fans don't care. That will only cause more friction when coaches and players are pressed more.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Honestly I don't get why so many people don't like him. Videos run long sometimes but he's good for entry level fans I think. Would be nice if the teams had staff doing film break down but I understand where that can get messy. We might want more in depth interviews and info but the average fans don't care. That will only cause more friction when coaches and players are pressed more.
plenty of ravens fans doing film breakdowns.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I just want a former player who’s now staff to conduct the interviews. Get some real questions, and less corn.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I used to have their backs, but it’s like they have 10 prepared questions in every interview that are essentially the same stupid questions. downing isn’t the worst, mink is unbearable, seems like a good guy and all but I can’t stand him in his work element, he just doesn’t do a good job literally ever, he actually does a really horrible job every time he’s in front of a microphone.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I used to have their backs, but it’s like they have 10 prepared questions in every interview that are essentially the same stupid questions. downing isn’t the worst, mink is unbearable, seems like a good guy and all but I can’t stand him in his work element, he just doesn’t do a good job literally ever, he actually does a really horrible job every time he’s in front of a microphone.

always asks the worst questions at pressers (outside of jerry coleman who's awful at those pressers for almost the opposite reason)

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i think stone's loss is somewhat overrated - he's a good player but not irreplaceable at all... i think wiggins, maulet, washington can, in combination, create some of that versatility that allows hamilton to be used most effectively

clowney is most certainly a loss - you have to hope that ojabo can finally play, that robinson takes a leap in year 2, that isaac adds something

macdonald i agree is the biggest loss
Yeah, I'm not worried about Stone's loss from the perspective that he was an amazing player who offered insane value, but he did play A LOT of snaps this year. Of course, we also have no idea what Orr's defense even looks like, so maybe this was never a concern.

I should say that if everyone plays up to their projected potential (not even playing above expectation, just meeting it) then the Ravens will be in a really good spot, but I think hoping everyone pans out is a tall order.