• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

I used to have their backs, but it’s like they have 10 prepared questions in every interview that are essentially the same stupid questions. downing isn’t the worst, mink is unbearable, seems like a good guy and all but I can’t stand him in his work element, he just doesn’t do a good job literally ever, he actually does a really horrible job every time he’s in front of a microphone.

I still listen to most of their interviews on my commute to work but Mink is pretty bad. Always talking over Garret too lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Other from AFC North Talk on YT, I don't really listen to any Ravens media. But when it comes to reports/tweets, if it ain't this man aka the GOAT, I ain't interested.

1714575545826.png

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Downing is cool but goddamn Mink is annoying AF with a punchable face and voice

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m going to say something……….

Bring M*** T*****

Baltimorican

Practice Squad
Not seeing this huge need for a G everybody says we have. Once you get past the box mindset that Mekari sould be a 6th linemen forever and ever you get a very solid, experienced and beefy week 1 lineup of:

Stanley
Cleveland
Linderbaum
Mekari
Faalale

Rosengarten is the 3rd tackle and Vorhees gets inside track for 3rd guard. Rosengarten could even rotate with Faalale with the option to switch to LT if Stanley is out. Jones is also there to backup LT, freeing Mekari to start at G and kick to C in a pinch.

Cleveland and Faalale both looked like starters down the stretch last year, they appear ready to me.

Simba

Staff Member
Not seeing this huge need for a G everybody says we have. Once you get past the box mindset that Mekari sould be a 6th linemen forever and ever you get a very solid, experienced and beefy week 1 lineup of:

Stanley
Cleveland
Linderbaum
Mekari
Faalale

Rosengarten is the 3rd tackle and Vorhees gets inside track for 3rd guard. Rosengarten could even rotate with Faalale with the option to switch to LT if Stanley is out. Jones is also there to backup LT, freeing Mekari to start at G and kick to C in a pinch.

Cleveland and Faalale both looked like starters down the stretch last year, they appear ready to me.
Don't know on the Mekari angle. I personally have no problem with him at G, but the Ravens (and a few others here) seemingly do. They've had plenty of opportunities for him to enter a battle at G over the last couple of years and he's never once gotten a shot there. He was seemingly the emergency C late last year so maybe there's some potential he slides back inside, but who knows.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Don't know on the Mekari angle. I personally have no problem with him at G, but the Ravens (and a few others here) seemingly do. They've had plenty of opportunities for him to enter a battle at G over the last couple of years and he's never once gotten a shot there. He was seemingly the emergency C late last year so maybe there's some potential he slides back inside, but who knows.
I don't think the Ravens want to tie him up as a starter when he's seemingly the top backup at every spot.

Simba

Staff Member
I don't think the Ravens want to tie him up as a starter when he's seemingly the top backup at every spot.
I guess the question is if he really is the top backup at every spot. He’s had ample opportunity to slide into G over the last couple of years and never has.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
All this fear about us missing our window by not winning it all last year… do yall not remember how we felt after the 2011 season?
Preach man

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hope everyone is doing well and we crushed the draft! Cheers boys

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I guess the question is if he really is the top backup at every spot. He’s had ample opportunity to slide into G over the last couple of years and never has.
And that's fair, too, but I do have to wonder if any of that was to evaluate what they had in Cleveland knowing they needed to make a decision on him eventually.