• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I guess Wiggin s got to pick 1st, but how do you miss the chance for a DB that goes by Tampa 2?

Wiggins got first priority. Just like Flowers taking #4 from Likely, who put in a request for that number

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we had a dope offseason yall. First we pair up Derrick Henry with Lamar Jackson which is just crazy. Then we had a pretty damn good draft, huge talent who slipped through the cracks and filled a big short and long term need. Rosengarten has potential to be an absolute stud and looks like his WORST case scenario is he’s a high end starter at either OT side in year 2, Tampa and walker are pretty sick picks just keeping the cupboard stocked as much as we can, Isaac went to probably the best organization for him. I’m just not seeing reason for any doom and gloom, I think we go into this year better than last year other than clowney and Macdonald

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think we had a dope offseason yall. First we pair up Derrick Henry with Lamar Jackson which is just crazy. Then we had a pretty damn good draft, huge talent who slipped through the cracks and filled a big short and long term need. Rosengarten has potential to be an absolute stud and looks like his WORST case scenario is he’s a high end starter at either OT side in year 2, Tampa and walker are pretty sick picks just keeping the cupboard stocked as much as we can, Isaac went to probably the best organization for him. I’m just not seeing reason for any doom and gloom, I think we go into this year better than last year other than clowney and Macdonald
INJECT THIS INTO MY VEINS!

rossihunter2

Staff Member

clowney, macdonald and zeitler

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My takeaways from EDC on the lounge
  • Dejean was definitely the other guy at 30
  • Thought we’d have a shot at either CB or WR - looking for a different kind of body type at WR
  • lucky to keep rosengarten after chiefs trade debacle - he was our highest rated OT at the start of day 2
  • Rosengarten was defo RT for them until they got to the senior bowl and then did the work on him and now see LT potential
  • Were hoping to double up on OL in R3 but board got wiped out
  • Reading between the lines, sounds like tampa had a higher grade (or the same) than Isaac and they talked about taking him at 93 but having taken wiggins, felt it was better to look at other positions there
  • GPS data on TJ faster than testing showed - probably why he was on our board on day 2 - value became way too good to pass up on at the end of R4

Worst. Meltdown. Ever

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think losing Anthony Weaver and Dennard Wilson are both underrated losses.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i really do think cleveland's gonna be fine at RG
was watching some of the dolphins film (from his start) and while he's not a finisher and i dont think he will be, he's got good feet, good length and independent hand usage and i think we can survive with at RG even if he's not a dominant guy

ironically think he might be a better fit with Monken than with Roman

think the right side of our line this year is going to be better at pass protecting than it is in the running game

i think it would be a surprise if anyone other than cleveland is taking RG snaps this offseason as long as he comes into OTAs and training camp in shape and ready to go - cant be giving reps away

think we're more likely to see a competition at LG obviously

Simba

Staff Member
i really do think cleveland's gonna be fine at RG
was watching some of the dolphins film (from his start) and while he's not a finisher and i dont think he will be, he's got good feet, good length and independent hand usage and i think we can survive with at RG even if he's not a dominant guy

ironically think he might be a better fit with Monken than with Roman

think the right side of our line this year is going to be better at pass protecting than it is in the running game

i think it would be a surprise if anyone other than cleveland is taking RG snaps this offseason as long as he comes into OTAs and training camp in shape and ready to go - cant be giving reps away

think we're more likely to see a competition at LG obviously
And it seems Vorhees is the guy they want to win that competition. Seems like they’ll give him every opportunity to prove he’s not the guy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And it seems Vorhees is the guy they want to win that competition. Seems like they’ll give him every opportunity to prove he’s not the guy.

I hope so, if he's come back from the knee injury well and healthy then i think he's the guy who's offered the most on tape of the options so far

plays with really good leverage, independent hands and good first step especially in the run game in zone

Sala showed nothing with all those 1st team reps last year
they clearly don't want Mekari to be the starter (and he won't need reps to play in that role if he ends up being the default option)
Josh Jones might come into play with a good camp too

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Nothing this team does in the regular season will matter to me.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He was being reasonable, reasonable and rhetorical sir
1714870655541.png