• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2024 Offseason Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
IMG_6231.jpeg

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I truly believe that Walker is a huge pick for us. He's just going to be way better than Bateman was deep down the field last year. I think that's gonna let Bateman turn into an ol reliable type guy who's not running a million yards every play

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It's little things like that that make the show great. Things that will happen and never spoken on again. The shoot out when they rob the Barksdale stash Kennard trifling ass pretends to be Omar in the background. And Bunk the lady Bunk gets with where he tries to burn his clothes cause they're evidence is Randy's foster mom. Cheese being a deadbeat.
I never noticed that was Ms Anna that Bunk was creeping on. But what about Frank Sobotka? I’m not hearing his name in any of this

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I never noticed that was Ms Anna that Bunk was creeping on. But what about Frank Sobotka? I’m not hearing his name in any of this
I can't believe he made it through "untouched". Prez damn near became a folk hero after that incident and season 4.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I truly believe that Walker is a huge pick for us. He's just going to be way better than Bateman was deep down the field last year. I think that's gonna let Bateman turn into an ol reliable type guy who's not running a million yards every play

I do wonder how much bate was hamstrung by OBJ last year

Walker is an easy replacement for Boykin/Duvernay running those verts to stretch the field but the hope is that he becomes more than just a field stretcher and opens up zay and bate and Nelly

The difference with Boykin and Duv is that walker has legit vertical speed and length

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I do wonder how much bate was hamstrung by OBJ last year

Walker is an easy replacement for Boykin/Duvernay running those verts to stretch the field but the hope is that he becomes more than just a field stretcher and opens up zay and bate and Nelly

The difference with Boykin and Duv is that walker has legit vertical speed and length
You really have to respect an 11 personnel grouping of Bateman, Flowers, Walker, Andrews, and Henry

Simba

Staff Member
A way too early look at the 53 before I take my board sabbatical for a bit.

QB (3)
In: Lamar Jackson, Josh Johnson, Devin Leary
Bubble: Malik Cunningham
Out:

Think they're going to struggle risking the arm talent of Leary. It's not exactly what I'd do because I don't think there's a great NFL future there, but they seem to think he can develop.

RB (4)
In: Derrick Henry, Justice Hill, Rasheen Ali, Pat Ricard (FB), Keaton Mitchell (PUP)
Bubble:
Out: Owen Wright, Chris Collier

Only question in the current state seems to be Mitchell's health. I would be pleasantly surprised if he's ready to go week 1. If by some chance he is, he easily slots in and we keep 4/5.

WR (6)
In: Zay Flowers, Rashod Bateman, Nelson Agholor, Devontez Walker, Deonte Harty, Tylan Wallace
Bubble: Sean Ryan, Tayvion Robinson
Out: Dayton Wade, DeAngelo Hardy, Isaiah Washington, Jelani Baker

Think there's some room for competition at WR6 but I'd give the edge to Tylan currently. He's the most fitting for ST duties and has continually shown moments at WR in preseason.

TE (3)
In: Mark Andrews, Isaiah Likely, Charlie Kolar
Bubble:
Out: Scotty Washington, Mike Rigerman, Riley Sharp

Seems to be one of the cleanest projections on the roster.

OL (9)
In: Ronnie Stanley, Andrew Vorhees, Tyler Linderbaum, Ben Cleveland, Roger Rosengarten, Patrick Mekari, Daniel Faalele, Josh Jones, Nick Samac
Bubble: Sala Aumavae-Laulu
Out: Tashawn Manning, TyKeem Doss, Julian Pearl, Darrell Simpson, Corey Bullock, Darrian Dalcourt

It was tough leaving Sala off because I think there's so much potential there, but he's already at the stage where he needs to come into came with noticeable growth.

DL (5)
In: Justin Madubuike, Michael Pierce, Broderick Washington, Travis Jones, Brent Urbam
Bubble: Rayshad Nichols
Out: Bravvion Roy, Ja'Mion Franklin, Tre Colbert

Another relatively clean position. I think they'd love for a young guy to step up and enter his name into the competition. I've heard that the team does really like Nichols after 2 years of developing, but he needs to go out and earn it.

Edge (5)
In: Odafe Oweh, Kyle Van Noy, David Ojabo, Tavius Robinson, Adisa Isaac
Bubble: Malik Hamm
Out: Joe Evans, Tramel Walthour

Another good preseason and Hamm could play his way onto the team. It's hard to leave him out right now but the numbers don't work in his favor.

ILB (4)
In: Roquan Smith, Trenton Simpson, Chris Board, Malik Harrison
Bubble: Josh Ross
Out: Yvandy Rigby, Deion Jennings

Simpson taking that step would alleviate some concerns here. The position is pretty light on depth.

CB (6)
In: Marlon Humphrey, Brandon Stephens, Nate Wiggins, Arthur Maulet, TJ Tampa, Jalyn Armour-Davis
Bubble: Pepe Williams, Ka'dar Hollman
Out: Christian Matthew, Tre Swilling, Trayvon Mullen, Ryan Cooper Jr.

That 6th CB spot is as wide open as it gets. JAD is clearly the most talented of the options but health has always been an issue. I gave him the edge for now but it's with very little confidence.

S (5)
In: Kyle Hamilton, Marcus Williams, Ar'Darius Washington, Sanoussi Kane, Beau Brade
Bubble:
Out: Jordan Toles

I struggle putting Ar'Darius here because he's more CB than S at this point, but the depth is so thin. I'd be surprised if we don't add a veteran here. Brade gets the nod for now as depth and a probable ST guy.

ST (3)
In: Justin Tucker, Jordan Stout, Nick Moore
Bubble:
Out: Randen Plattner

Another pretty clean prediction assuming Nick Moore is healthy again.

Looking at the roster projections from @Simba snd I have to say that looks like a very strong team.
Obviously the OL is a projection but there is a lot of potential in that room.
I think ILB and 3rd safety are the only spots I’m iffy about. I would feel alot better about the defense if we add someone like Simmons

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad

QB (3)
Out:

Think they're going to struggle risking the arm talent of Leary. It's not exactly what I'd do because I don't think there's a great NFL future there, but they seem to think he can develop.

RB (4)
In: Derrick Henry, Justice Hill, Rasheen Ali, Pat Ricard (FB), Keaton Mitchell (PUP)
Bubble:

Only question in the current state seems to be Mitchell's health. I would be pleasantly surprised if he's ready to go week 1. If by some chance he is, he easily slots in and we keep 4/5.

WR (6)
In: Zay Flowers, Rashod Bateman, Nelson Agholor, Devontez Walker, Deonte Harty, Tylan Wallace

Think there's some room for competition at WR6 but I'd give the edge to Tylan currently. He's the most fitting for ST duties and has continually shown moments at WR in preseason.

TE (3)
Bubble:

OL (9)
In: Ronnie Stanley, Andrew Vorhees, Tyler Linderbaum, Ben Cleveland, Roger Rosengarten, Patrick Mekari, Daniel Faalele, Josh Jones, Nick Samac
Out: Tashawn Manning, TyKeem Doss, Julian Pearl, Darrell Simpson, Corey Bullock, Darrian Dalcourt

It was tough leaving Sala off because I think there's so much potential there, but he's already at the stage where he needs to come into came with noticeable growth.

DL (5)
In: Justin Madubuike, Michael Pierce, Broderick Washington, Travis Jones, Brent Urbam

Another relatively clean position. I think they'd love for a young guy to step up and enter his name into the competition. I've heard that the team does really like Nichols after 2 years of developing, but he needs to go out and earn it.

Edge (5)

Another good preseason and Hamm could play his way onto the team. It's hard to leave him out right now but the numbers don't work in his favor.

ILB (4)

Simpson taking that step would alleviate some concerns here. The position is pretty light on depth.

CB (6)
In: Marlon Humphrey, Brandon Stephens, Nate Wiggins, Arthur Maulet, TJ Tampa, Jalyn Armour-Davis

That 6th CB spot is as wide open as it gets. JAD is clearly the most talented of the options but health has always been an issue. I gave him the edge for now but it's with very little confidence.

S (5)
In: Kyle Hamilton, Marcus Williams, Ar'Darius Washington, Sanoussi Kane, Beau Brade
Bubble:

I struggle putting Ar'Darius here because he's more CB than S at this point, but the depth is so thin. I'd be surprised if we don't add a veteran here. Brade gets the nod for now as depth and a probable ST guy.

ST (3)
Bubble:

With the ability to call up a 3rd QB from the practice squad, isn't there effectively a 54 roster now since QB3 doesn't need to be on the 53? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Simba

Staff Member
With the ability to call up a 3rd QB from the practice squad, isn't there effectively a 54 roster now since QB3 doesn't need to be on the 53? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Per my understanding, it's a bit of yes and a bit of no. The new rule seemingly does allow you to call up a QB from the PS on an unlimited basis. However, it stills burns 1 of your 2 call ups every week. So you get 54 but also only 1 call up if you choose to use one on a QB every week.

In this case, I'm predicting they keep Leary on the 53 because they don't want to risk losing him quite yet.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

QB (3)
Out:

RB (4)
Bubble:

WR (6)

TE (3)
Bubble:

OL (9)

DL (5)

Edge (5)

ILB (4)

CB (6)

S (5)
Bubble:

ST (3)
Bubble:

think the biggest question marks right now are the OL situation and how that all shakes out

with QB3 being a practice squad dude now, i do think the final roster spot (offensively) might come down to Leary vs OL 10 assuming keaton mitchell starts on the PUP list... obviously if keaton's able to practice (even if he's not ready to go week 1), then that also adds a little bit of squeeze to the final roster

for the first time, this year, ive stopped worrying so much about CB vs S and more looking at DB in totality (because like you i struggle to call ardarius a safety when he's more of a nickel/dime DB more than anything) - but i do think a veteran at safety is still a highly likely addition

could well see a veteran at G as well potentially or even another option to backup at C too - but you add another vet to the group and you're either losing a young guy you want to develop or you're letting one of the few vets you have (in josh jones) head elsewhere

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

QB (3)
Out:

RB (4)
Bubble:

WR (6)

TE (3)
Bubble:

OL (9)

DL (5)

Edge (5)

ILB (4)

CB (6)

S (5)
Bubble:

ST (3)
Bubble:

Leary’s highlight video showed me he has a gun, that’s for sure.