• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bold Prediction thread

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Lets limit it to two per poster, leave some for others.

Best defense in the league
Last year we had a top defense when Jimmy was healthy, we added a top 5 safety in Jefferson to pair with Weddle, we grabbed a starting caliber CB that has never missed a game in Carr, we drafted a young CB wth a lot of potential who doesnt need to start, and we have Tavon who really showed promise last year.

Suggs played with a torn bicep and still produced decently and he has to know his career is coming to an end. I know he doesnt normally come into camp in shape, but i think this year will be different. We drafted his replacement in my opinion in Tim Williams, Judon looked good when given the shot, i also think Kaufusi shocks people and makes a difference quicker than we thought. The only question is who will play next to Mosely. Hoepfully Bowser can get the playbook down and start, his coverage skills would be a huge addition. I also think think we hold teams on average to 15pts a game.

Breshad Perriman hits 1k yards
This will be BP and Joe's first TC together. Last year he showed he can make very contested catches, We got to see his speed in the open field against Miami, he looked like he wasnt even trying and no one came close. With 66 targets he caught 33 for 499 yards and 3 TDs. I am going to predict he at least doubles those numbers and ends up around 1100 yards and double digit TDs. Yep, i'll go there.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
First bold prediction, the offense won't be as bad as we assume. Second bold prediction, the defense won't be as good as we assume.

The reasons are simple. For the offense, Joe is healthy and the run game now has Greg Roman's game planning and the addition of Woodhead can't be dismissed either. Two, the WR corps is very talented but inexperienced. I believe if given the opportunity, there will be emerging stars within that group.

As for the defense, the reason they won't be as potent as last year is simply too many new players on defense. It'll take a while for them to work in unison and build chemistry. They'll become great mid-season, but the early season woes will not have them ranked in the top 5 as most people automatically assume.

There you go!

usmccharles

Practice Squad
As for the defense, the reason they won't be as potent as last year is simply too many new players on defense. It'll take a while for them to work in unison and build chemistry. They'll become great mid-season, but the early season woes will not have them ranked in the top 5 as most people automatically assume.

Valid point. I am hesitant thinking something so obvious would actually be that way.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I predict Dixon breaks 1000 yards (total not just rushing), even with missing the first 4 games. I know this one is very unlikely, as the touches will be split, but I don't see woodhead stealing carries. Dixon was a beast, him on third downs last year was easily one of my favorite things to watch. I think this guy can be a beast.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I predict TWest to rush for 400 yards in his first 4 games before splitting carries with Dixon.

I also predict Brent Urban to notch more than 5 sacks.

And I'm also starting to feel very optimistic for Perriman.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
I predict Dixon breaks 1000 yards (total not just rushing), even with missing the first 4 games. I know this one is very unlikely, as the touches will be split, but I don't see woodhead stealing carries. Dixon was a beast, him on third downs last year was easily one of my favorite things to watch. I think this guy can be a beast.
I dont think that thats out of reach. Basically would have to average 80 yards a game. If he can show that hes better than West, which hopefully he can considering a lot of people think he is our future back, he should be able to get first and second down duties. If he can get at least 15 touches a game i think he gets to the 1k mark. He has that crazy ability to extend plays after you think he is down.

If Woodhead stays healthy, i think he makes a bigger impact than people think. I dont mean like Justin Forsett style, but i think he will be very valuable, 5+ tds i think

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
We will not use the FB flare pass as the 1st play all year

Campanaro will stay healthy all year.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
We will not use the FB flare pass as the 1st play all year

Campanaro will stay healthy all year.

Better get to work on his armor suit
[doublepost=1495498916,1495498319][/doublepost]The offensive line surprises. The new bigger stronger Stanley dominates and relieves pressure on the interior. By playoff time Eluemunor and Siragusa are ready to lock down center and RG. Lewis surprises at RT. Our young guys have the best technicians in the game to learn from. These young guys are talented. Big strong smart athletic and nasty as hell. And willing hard workers that want it!! Coaching needs to have the mindset we can get these dudes ready. Then put the time in coaching and then trust them

tools80

Practice Squad
My prediction is that Patrick Onwuasor beats Correa for the starting linebacker position. I liked what I say from him in special teams last season. Very physical and decent coverage skills.

I also believe our defense will be top of the league.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tavon young gets targeted a lot and leads the league in passes defensed(between ints and breakups)

Judon leads the team in sacks with 8-10 and is also top 3 in tackles.

Perriman breaks 1000 and leads the league in realistic YPC

Wallace also nears 1000

We complete more TE and rb passes than any team in the league and our TE/RB to WR target ratio is super lopsided.

Our run offense goes absolutely nowhere and that's why we're average despite those offensive milestones.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Tavon young gets targeted a lot and leads the league in passes defensed(between ints and breakups)

Judon leads the team in sacks with 8-10 and is also top 3 in tackles.

Perriman breaks 1000 and leads the league in realistic YPC

Wallace also nears 1000

We complete more TE and rb passes than any team in the league and our TE/RB to WR target ratio is super lopsided.

Our run offense goes absolutely nowhere and that's why we're average despite those offensive milestones.
Guess you didn't want to stick to two. Lol

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Someone on defense comes out of nowhere and becomes a starter, sort of like the next Zach Orr.

K-Dog

MVP
Some player hardly anyone knows will be a fan favorite in December.

Camp plays a full season and crushes it.

Webb will return as starter and NOT due to injury.

And most bold of all, Dean Pees will gain more fans than haters.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Some player hardly anyone knows will be a fan favorite in December.

Camp plays a full season and crushes it.

Webb will return as starter and NOT due to injury.

And most bold of all, Dean Pees will gain more fans than haters.
Webb starting not due to injury sounds like bad news actually. That means a guy we are really high on is failing