• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 WR Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yes that's definitely one of the hardest positions to hit on. This was only 15%

Part of it I imagine is that there’s a long shelf life for great wrs who take up the spots on a yearly basis and if one or two guys hit from outside the first 3 rounds it reduces spaces for guys in the first 3 rounds

Obviously it’s still an interesting stat but when you’ve got Antonio brown guaranteed a spot every year it guarantees that only 5/7 others can make it and if you’ve got perennial pro bowlers/all pros like Julio Jones, aj green and now OBJ taking up another 3 spots it reduces the ability for more recently drafted wrs to get in - they have to have crazy good years to break into that club moreso than other positions

But it is still indicative of a wider trend

Ya he seems strictly pegged for the slot which isnt a bad thing to say. I still think hes the safest bet at WR in this class. I see why you wouldnt see him as a fit though. I would get behind the pick but i just dont see it happening.

I feel Hollywood Brown would be the better fit and im really liking that idea the closer we get to the draft.

All i hope is that we trade down and get more picks.

I feel like all the guys we could want at 22 could be there later or even in the 2nd

Guys like Lindstrom, Brown, Deebo Samuel, Hakeem Butler or even maybe Bradburry could easily fall to round 2
I'm putting the odds of a trade down at around 90%. I'm not sure what player that would need to be available at 22 that would have the Ravens pick there rather than trade back, but I'm betting odds are low that whoever that is will fall that far.

I'm putting the odds of multiple tradebacks that take us all the way out of the 1st round to 50%

I'm absolutely prepared to watch Thursday night - only to see what picks have been added to our draft and not to see what new player has been added to our roster.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I know a guy who knows a guy thats a scout and has scouting buddies in nfl. His fav team is pittsburg but idk if he is a scout for them... long story short, he thinks hakeem butler is the best wr in class

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I know a guy who knows a guy thats a scout and has scouting buddies in nfl. His fav team is pittsburg but idk if he is a scout for them... long story short, he thinks hakeem butler is the best wr in class
winchester? is that you?

and yeah i think hakeem butler has a really solid shot to be the first wr taken, i think a lot of media outlets are so torn on him that nobody can really project him, but id be shocked if there arent at least 10 teams who are absolutely enamored with his potential, and also with his relatively high floor, his ONLY concern is the drops, which is a big deal but he genuinely has enough talent everywhere else to make up for it, this isnt a breshad perriman situation, this guy is tough, he is incredible at getting to the ball, hes much more solid a route runner than basically any 6'5" wr you can think of, and he plays all the way up to his size and then some and does it with lots of speed and quickness and physicality, and he is a big X factor as a YAC threat.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm putting the odds of a trade down at around 90%. I'm not sure what player that would need to be available at 22 that would have the Ravens pick there rather than trade back, but I'm betting odds are low that whoever that is will fall that far.

I'm putting the odds of multiple tradebacks that take us all the way out of the 1st round to 50%

I'm absolutely prepared to watch Thursday night - only to see what picks have been added to our draft and not to see what new player has been added to our roster.
I think at the least we trade down with the Eagles for them to jump the Raiders and take Josh Jacobs. Jordan Howard is a 1 year rental and they are a perfect fit for him.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Im thinking the only that might fall that we'd pick would be Brian Burns the edge rusher. Maybe Christian Wilkins or Tillery but for oline and wr I think we drop if able. Im hoping somebody like the Pats realy really is in love with Irv Smith the TE from Ala.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Im thinking the only that might fall that we'd pick would be Brian Burns the edge rusher. Maybe Christian Wilkins or Tillery but for oline and wr I think we drop if able. Im hoping somebody like the Pats realy really is in love with Irv Smith the TE from Ala.

if im honest i think the pats throw a curve ball and draft someone like a corner like joejuan williams who just seems like a patriot and the right kind of unexpected that you normally get from a patriots pick (that or they trade down - might be the only team who consistently looks to add picks by trading down in the draft outside of baltimore and seattle)