• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Roger Rosengarten is a tackle I like that probably doesn't get talked about a lot. Not sure if he could ever play left tackle though

i mean if we're just looking at this year, not sure we need a LT necessarily

if we're looking for a starter we probably have to pick one of these RT prospects
if we're looking for a LT then we're probably looking at a guy that won't play in year 1

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Those traits, measurements and movement skills aren't often found at 62. He had a low level of competition but he's obviously smart and should take coaching well. I'd love that pick.

Paul has better experience but I'm not sure he'll ever move like an NFL Left Tackle.

why not? paul's got great feet... think he already moves like a NFL LT just raw and unrefined right now

Amegadjie didnt dominate the way you want to at that level - wasnt as impressed as i was hoping based on hype

ive got paul in the 40s and amegadjie in the 70s on my big board

Simba

Staff Member
i guess maybe the hope has to be that someone like christian haynes or blake fisher falls to 62

and then at 93 we maybe have the ability to grab a more developmental OT prospect with LT upside
Yep seems like OL could very well be a double dip situation tomorrow/technically today. Still need a day 1 starter somewhere and it’s unlikely to be someone that has future LT potential at this stage. Going to be RT or G. Future LT may be a later or next year problem.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep seems like OL could very well be a double dip situation tomorrow/technically today. Still need a day 1 starter somewhere and it’s unlikely to be someone that has future LT potential at this stage. Going to be RT or G. Future LT may be a later or next year problem.
Ravens are crazy in Day 2, but yeah, could be a double-dip OL or could be OL + WR or even DL (perhaps....). I wouldn't love it but could see RB (I guess). They do those "where did that pick come from" pick in Day 2.

Simba

Staff Member
Ravens are crazy in Day 2, but yeah, could be a double-dip OL or could be OL + WR or even DL (perhaps....). I wouldn't love it but could see RB (I guess). They do those "where did that pick come from" pick in Day 2.
Could be smokescreen of course but DeCosta seemed pretty forthright that OL is happening on day 2. Think he knows it’s a massive hole while also recognizing the board stacks up really well to make that a reality.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

only way you get day 1 starter play with LT upside is if you get a guy like Kingsley Suamataia and think he can maybe play LG for a year

but it also seems very unlikely that he'd be available at 62 (for that very reason)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Could be smokescreen of course but DeCosta seemed pretty forthright that OL is happening on day 2. Think he knows it’s a massive hole while also recognizing the board stacks up really well to make that a reality.

i think that's probably why they felt safe moving on from Morgan Moses pre-draft (rather than waiting)
also probably why they didnt feel forced to take the OL in R1