• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They should. It’s a terrible choice. You could sell me on this if this was a team that was consistently battling for super bowls and wanted to keep that hope alive. But they just paid a lot of money for a good not great QB and still have a pretty average at best roster.
also a team that could lose it's 1st round pick in 2025 due to tampering

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Usually I can sleep on something and see the logic but there is none on this one for me. Just pure bad roster management and pick usage.
Reminds me a lot of Madden's poor logic when it comes to Franchise Mode. The computer teams would do something EXACTLY like Atlanta did and it would be so unrealistic.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Think WR is gonna get absolutely cleaned out in RD2 and we're probably not gonna get any guy of any kinda significance at that position

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
plenty of good ones should still be there in the 3rd round. This class is absolutely loaded
Who would you really feel good about after

Addonai Mitchell
Roman Wilson
Ladd McConkey
Keon Coleman
Troy Franklin
Tez Walker

All go round 2 or certainly by end of R3?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
With all the free agents we lost, I believe that we need to nail this draft to equal the quality of what we had last year. I know we also need a little luck to come our way. So far, it is looking good. IMHO, Wiggins was a home run to start this draft.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This is going to sound snarky but I really don't intend for it to... but why are you so worried about WR?
Be as snarky as you'd like lolol. I'm actually not super worried at all.

Yesterday I thought in particular BTJ was a guy you could consider moving for because he's that good. But otherwise I was just noting that I think there's going to be a big run on WRs on day 2. Which is great because if we can get a solid OL and a top RB I'd be thrilled

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Who would you really feel good about after

Addonai Mitchell
Roman Wilson
Ladd McConkey
Keon Coleman
Troy Franklin
Tez Walker

All go round 2 or certainly by end of R3?
I'm a big fan of Mitchell, Wilson and McConkey but they shouldn't be available at 62. Maybe Wilson makes it down to us. I think Mitchell is taken by the Bills at 33. Howabout Corley, Polk, Baker or later Bub Means, Malik Washington, Brendan Rice, etc..

Simba

Staff Member
Be as snarky as you'd like lolol. I'm actually not super worried at all.

Yesterday I thought in particular BTJ was a guy you could consider moving for because he's that good. But otherwise I was just noting that I think there's going to be a big run on WRs on day 2. Which is great because if we can get a solid OL and a top RB I'd be thrilled
Sometimes there's no easy way to type a legitimate question without sounding like a dick lol

As a whole (and not directed at you in particular), the WR need feels very overblown to me. Obviously we're banking on Bateman to finally take the step and there's certainly a risk associated with that, but WR is lower on my list of concerns. Think you have a solid top 3 WRs right now and there's opportunity to take a guy to compete and/or split reps with Agholor early in day 3 still, if day 2 doesn't happen of course. I also think a lot of people are discounting the use of 2 TEs this year... and not the Roman philosophy of 2 TEs. I think they'll use both Andrews and Likely together a lot more.

I will also say, I really did end up liking Brian Thomas more than I thought I would, but give me Wiggins over him 10 times out of 10.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Sometimes there's no easy way to type a legitimate question without sounding like a dick lol

As a whole (and not directed at you in particular), the WR need feels very overblown to me. Obviously we're banking on Bateman to finally take the step and there's certainly a risk associated with that, but WR is lower on my list of concerns. Think you have a solid top 3 WRs right now and there's opportunity to take a guy to compete and/or split reps with Agholor early in day 3 still, if day 2 doesn't happen of course. I also think a lot of people are discounting the use of 2 TEs this year... and not the Roman philosophy of 2 TEs. I think they'll use both Andrews and Likely together a lot more.

I will also say, I really did end up liking Brian Thomas more than I thought I would, but give me Wiggins over him 10 times out of 10.
All reasonable. You've got 5 of your 6 WRs on the roster right now. You need to take 1 before the draft is over. That's about as much urgency as I feel at the position.

I believe in Faalele. He's had time to cook. I believe in Mekari being able to fill in for Ronnie when he's knicked up. I believe in Linderbaum. I'd really really really like to be confident in one of the two guards we're replacing. Then so be it between the Sala, Cleveland, Vorhees competition at the other spot.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Think WR is gonna get absolutely cleaned out in RD2 and we're probably not gonna get any guy of any kinda significance at that position
With zay, bate, nelly, andrews, and likely all under contract through this season and next, I’m not super pressed on wr, like add bodies on day 3 or take one if a good one falls but otherwise I’m alright

Simba

Staff Member
All reasonable. You've got 5 of your 6 WRs on the roster right now. You need to take 1 before the draft is over. That's about as much urgency as I feel at the position.

I believe in Faalele. He's had time to cook. I believe in Mekari being able to fill in for Ronnie when he's knicked up. I believe in Linderbaum. I'd really really really like to be confident in one of the two guards we're replacing. Then so be it between the Sala, Cleveland, Vorhees competition at the other spot.
Yep. The cupboard isn't bare at OL but the current state is asking multiple guys to step up and the chances of all of those hitting are pretty slim. I've always kind of approached this as one G spot is going to be filled by one of the young guys. One simply has to step up and if they don't, I have bigger concerns related to development and even talent evaluation there. I'd be shocked if we don't fill the other G or the RT spot tonight. That leaves one opening and allows you to see how the board falls, and you can look at stopgaps after the draft if needed. The class is so damn strong though that I have a hard time seeing us not walking away with at least 2 guys.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
When do we think the RBs start going? End of the 3rd, start of the 4th? Maybe a team gets antsy and takes one early?

Simba

Staff Member
When do we think the RBs start going? End of the 3rd, start of the 4th? Maybe a team gets antsy and takes one early?
I'd guess someone takes Brooks in round 2 and then there's a gap until mid-late round 3 when a few more get plucked. Not sure I necessarily see a run happening but the value is pretty well dispersed through mid-round 3 to mid-round 5 to me.