• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I watched his highlights yesterday, first time ever taking a glimpse at the dude, I havent watched enough to be sold but if the ravens did go that route, then I’d be convinced that he’s a pass rusher.

The man is an absolute missile and blockers just whiff on him. Would like to see better form tackling though and less shoulder pops

I agree with what you said but that also causes him to whiff on too many tackles.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I don't think he's a perfect fit either. I don't think there's really any player to be taken at # 30 that would be a perfect fit either. That includes Tackles, Corners, etc.
It's about projecting them forward, not what they are today. We like Corners with speed and length. He has both.
The other cb from bama would probably be a perfect fit

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I get the theory and I agree with it, but the Ravens have taken their single biggest position of need (or the top 2 needs in 2020) in 5 of the last 6 drafts.

I think that points very strongly to them taking OL, DB or a faller tonight.
Who determines what the "biggest position of need" is? Highly subjective. Don't think there's anything definitive to point to there.

I

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Who determines what the "biggest position of need" is? Highly subjective. Don't think there's anything definitive to point to there.

I
I agree here. I think it may appear a certain way because going into the draft we may have 3-4 holes all equally in need, but in season when we look at rookie contributions vs the late offseason vet additions, we may say “this rookie started all year while we had vets at all these other spots” and it appears that we drafted for our biggest need, no we just had quality rookies at a position of need and addressed the other with cheap vets.

It was obvious come August that our biggest need was edge rush, but we drafted WR in round 1. Both were always equally large needs, they were just addressed at different periods.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree here. I think it may appear a certain way because going into the draft we may have 3-4 holes all equally in need, but in season when we look at rookie contributions vs the late offseason vet additions, we may say “this rookie started all year while we had vets at all these other spots” and it appears that we drafted for our biggest need, no we just had quality rookies at a position of need and addressed the other with cheap vets.

It was obvious come August that our biggest need was edge rush, but we drafted WR in round 1. Both were always equally large needs, they were just addressed at different periods.

we also thought CB was a huge need as well

Simba

Staff Member
Who's everyone got as your yearly 'who the fuck saw that guy getting picked in the 1st round' pick?

I'm going C Zach Frazier

Tyler

Practice Squad
From what little info I’ve heard, they like a lot of tackles in the second round. It all depends on how the board falls obviously, and how many good Tackle prospects get drafted tonight(I expect a ton), but don’t be surprised at all if they go Defense at 30, specifically Cornerback.

Simba

Staff Member
From what little info I’ve heard, they like a lot of tackles in the second round. It all depends on how the board falls obviously, and how many good Tackle prospects get drafted tonight(I expect a ton), but don’t be surprised at all if they go Defense at 30, specifically Cornerback.
It seemingly makes the most sense. CB (especially guys that can play outside) thins considerably in this draft. Feels like a lot of the OTs start to meld together after the top 5/6 or so and stays pretty strong through round 3.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Ngata is announcing our day 2 picks. I hope none of these guys are planning 5 minutes speeches before they announce the pick