• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2024 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the first pick be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Usually I can sleep on something and see the logic but there is none on this one for me. Just pure bad roster management and pick usage.
There roster construction has been terrible and feel they've wasted these top 10 picks for at least 4 years.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Patrick Paul, Cooper Beebe or Rosengarten today, please

Simba

Staff Member
It’s kinda become a thing that my dad asks me like 30 minutes before the draft starts who we’re taking and I have to give him one name. In every year of the DeCosta era expect for the wonky ass Hamilton and Linderbaum year, I’ve gotten it right. So if you want to know who we’re taking next year so you can get to bed earlier, ask me 30 minutes before lol

Old Bay

Veteran
It’s kinda become a thing that my dad asks me like 30 minutes before the draft starts who we’re taking and I have to give him one name. In every year of the DeCosta era expect for the wonky ass Hamilton and Linderbaum year, I’ve gotten it right. So if you want to know who we’re taking next year so you can get to bed earlier, ask me 30 minutes before lol
Who are we taking next?

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm pretty happy about Wiggins. I really liked DeJean but that's because of the weight. Between the two, Wiggins is easily the best player & does what he does better than DeJean does what he does. I believe in our team to fill him out with weight like we did with Hollywood Brown & Zay Flowers. I'd love to see WR & OL today. Got some WRs I've redlined for us I would really like to see. I think this is a really good class for both positions. I don't think we will hit defense today.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sometimes there's no easy way to type a legitimate question without sounding like a dick lol

As a whole (and not directed at you in particular), the WR need feels very overblown to me. Obviously we're banking on Bateman to finally take the step and there's certainly a risk associated with that, but WR is lower on my list of concerns. Think you have a solid top 3 WRs right now and there's opportunity to take a guy to compete and/or split reps with Agholor early in day 3 still, if day 2 doesn't happen of course. I also think a lot of people are discounting the use of 2 TEs this year... and not the Roman philosophy of 2 TEs. I think they'll use both Andrews and Likely together a lot more.

I will also say, I really did end up liking Brian Thomas more than I thought I would, but give me Wiggins over him 10 times out of 10.
I agree with everything. I'm hoping they can find ways to utilize both Andrews and Likely together more often as they both work out of the slot a high majority of their snaps. It's like Likely is a better #1 TE than a #2 because of how he has been used.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Usually I can sleep on something and see the logic but there is none on this one for me. Just pure bad roster management and pick usage.

Its the fact that they didn’t even give cousins a heads up either

It’s not like anyone else was gonna snipe penix from them too
It's just an Atlanta Falcons thing to do. I can't recall the last good pass-rusher from them (albeit, I don't watch ATL that much other from Red Zone). Vic Beasley?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
or ask me what my mock has us taking.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

I like Mitchell but I would be surprised if he is on our board. I'm a McConkey fan but I also like Franklin too (very different receivers & skillsets, depends on what you want). Keon Coleman also makes a lot of sense, he gives us a bigger target with circus-catch ability.

For OL, Patrick Paul, Suamataia, Fisher are my favorites. I don't think I like Jackson Powers-Johnson for us.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Who would you really feel good about after

Addonai Mitchell
Roman Wilson
Ladd McConkey
Keon Coleman
Troy Franklin
Tez Walker

All go round 2 or certainly by end of R3?

Ja'Lynn Polk
Jermaine Burton (if he passes the character questions)
Jalen McMillan (maybe more of a R3 option)
Javon Baker

and a bunch of guys id happily take on day 3 too...

this class is absolutely stacked

i imagine there's gonna be maybe a bit of a run to begin the 2nd round at WR but idk that it's gonna completely wipe out the position

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sometimes there's no easy way to type a legitimate question without sounding like a dick lol

As a whole (and not directed at you in particular), the WR need feels very overblown to me. Obviously we're banking on Bateman to finally take the step and there's certainly a risk associated with that, but WR is lower on my list of concerns. Think you have a solid top 3 WRs right now and there's opportunity to take a guy to compete and/or split reps with Agholor early in day 3 still, if day 2 doesn't happen of course. I also think a lot of people are discounting the use of 2 TEs this year... and not the Roman philosophy of 2 TEs. I think they'll use both Andrews and Likely together a lot more.

I will also say, I really did end up liking Brian Thomas more than I thought I would, but give me Wiggins over him 10 times out of 10.

i do think there's definitely space for a young WR (especially a talented one) being added to the corps for depth and eventual WR1-3 type reps

but it's not a desperate need - just the kind of draft class where you might want to take advantage if guys are available

Simba

Staff Member
i do think there's definitely space for a young WR (especially a talented one) being added to the corps for depth and eventual WR1-3 type reps

but it's not a desperate need - just the kind of draft class where you might want to take advantage if guys are available
Exactly. I'd be surprised if there isn't another WR added to the room by the end of tomorrow, but also not one where if the board doesn't fall that way in the next 2-3 rounds that we're in trouble.