• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 RB Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
This RB class is a clear downgrade but it's not without it's names. David Montgomery is somewhat similar to Kareem Hunt with his balance and quickness, but that long speed of his truly is lacking and likely doesn't translate to the NFL. He's Kareem Hunt lite, with less explosiveness. I don't see him as an ideal compliment for Lamar. Either Bama RB(for once) looks solid. I'd still take Harris over Jacobs though if we are in a position to draft either.... I am not really going to complain. I find Harris to be far more explosive and honestly think his vision and pass protection is better. Bryce Love is joining the "overhyped club". Nice runner... Not a good receiver out of the backfield. If we take him in the third, I am not going to complain at all. Modern NFL, he doesn't have as many uses. Benny Snell fits well with Lamar, and so does LJ Scott. Would not complain.

None of them are worth complaining about, but I don't see any of them becoming game breakers. Same goes for the WR class.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Damien Harris would be great with joe under center. But he could put up all pro numbers next to lamar.

Benny snell would be a higher end power back anywhere. But he is a 1000+ yard workhorse next to lamar.

Bryce love doesn’t stand out to me at all, I liked the idea at one point until I saw how much better it is to have a power back in a read option.

Alex Barnes is being extremely underrated, he is the most violent and powerful runner in this class, he’s thick and kinda tall but keeps the pads low, consistently surges low and upfield before contact, gives that loud pop to tacklers, positive yardage always, punishes defenses, not fast but he’s up to speed by the time he reaches the LOS and hits that hole hard. Honestly quite a bit like gus Edwards with a whole other level of violent running ability, kinda like a legarrette Blount but looks like he’s got another step and doesn’t carry as much bad weight but still runs just as hard.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Y’all sleepin on him. He’s especislly strong in a zone read, he carries the play fake extremely well and at the same time lead blocks for the option like a legit FB. Brilliant blitz pickups as seen here vs one of the better defensive fronts in the country. Intuitive in the dump off game making himself available when the qb is in trouble and has a knack for catching the dumpoff with a head of steam and getting downfield fast. Instinctive and quick and compact hurdles for when he’s bouncing out and a db closes in and goes for the legs.

This kid is a sleeper and I can’t believe he’s getting no attention

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

With his combination of balance, explosiveness, catching ability, and vision I really think Gaskin will become the next great RB that no one talked about and then suddenly explodes onto the scene, like Hunt did last year.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

With his combination of balance, explosiveness, catching ability, and vision I really think Gaskin will become the next great RB that no one talked about and then suddenly explodes onto the scene, like Hunt did last year.

I like gaskin a lot. Hopefully he can bulk up to 205-210 and still keep that speed. RBs under 200lbs scare me.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
For our offense now i really like the idea of bring in Myles Gaskin. Hes exactly what we need as a compliment to Gus and Dixon.

I also really like Devin Singletary from FAU. If you havent watched him yet. You need to. Hes a real fun watch

Big fan of Montgomery as well

Gotta love the depth this year. RD 3 should still have plenty of them available.

I personally prefere those with good vision for gaps and who play very low pads (Miles Sanders and Devin Singletary).
Dixon Gus and Ty may be just good enough though.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Y’all sleepin on him. He’s especislly strong in a zone read, he carries the play fake extremely well and at the same time lead blocks for the option like a legit FB. Brilliant blitz pickups as seen here vs one of the better defensive fronts in the country. Intuitive in the dump off game making himself available when the qb is in trouble and has a knack for catching the dumpoff with a head of steam and getting downfield fast. Instinctive and quick and compact hurdles for when he’s bouncing out and a db closes in and goes for the legs.

This kid is a sleeper and I can’t believe he’s getting no attention

I see a lot of Buck in his game. Hes very physical and does a lot well but i didnt see him break any tackles really. There were a couple times where he hesitated to hit the hole but i do like some of what i see. Still dont see him as anything more than a day 3 pick and tbh id like to have someone that can add more dynamic and compliment Gus, and Dixons running style. Not sure he fits that bill

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I see a lot of Buck in his game. Hes very physical and does a lot well but i didnt see him break any tackles really. There were a couple times where he hesitated to hit the hole but i do like some of what i see. Still dont see him as anything more than a day 3 pick and tbh id like to have someone that can add more dynamic and compliment Gus, and Dixons running style. Not sure he fits that bill
I see a much more decisive runner between the tackles than buck, and he works the read option very well with blocks and chemistry on the handoff

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I see a much more decisive runner between the tackles than buck, and he works the read option very well with blocks and chemistry on the handoff
I agree with that. His UCLA game shows his vision i just dont see him breaking many tackles. Thats my one gripe with him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As I stated last year, I don’t see as much talent coming out of this years draft regarding running backs, atleast at the top end. Not sure if there will be a first round back this year, but there definitely is some depth this season that would fit our tea, in the 3rd or 4th round,