• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 RB Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
All black has a bias against Fournette.

Honestly the Jacksonville locker room is just as bad as the Steelers because Ramsey is their leader and everyone else on the team has fallen suit into being a laughing stock. Not to mention Bortles. In the name of a change of scenery I’d go get him if he hit the FA market but someone else would likely pounce.

I don’t think trading for him is a good idea in the slightest but him in the power scheme is a game changer. Especially next to someone like Lamar. He’s a god damn sledge hammer with elite long speed. Flex isn’t wrong. Those 20-30 yard runs aren’t likely TDS with him.

But he’s an injury prone risk. Not worth it in a trade
Trade joe for fournette straight up though, what better deal could we find...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I don’t see any back in this class that can make the impact fournette could make. Gus Edwards is hitting easy holes and dragging tacklers, that’s the ceiling for him, and most backs in this class are the same.

To me, the difference is turning those 10-20 yarders into touchdowns, fournette would do that, most backs in this class wouldn’t, maybe Harris or gaskin as they both work the middle and have a pretty decent long speed, but I don’t see any power backs with long speed in this class, fournette is the dream fit for this offense because that first run against the chargers is a TD if it’s fournette, I saw about 3 runs Sunday night that would’ve been TDs if it was fournette. He’s the ideal interior power runner but has he extra gear to turn in home runs.

... all from someone who was never a fournette fan. I’m far less worried now about right player right price with flacco leaving and other players coming off the books, fournette makes us the most dangerous offense in the league(because rushing at this rate + having home run hitters is more dangerous than anything) and we could do it by trading our backup qb, keep fueling the defense with talent, and we will win a super bowl. Turning big plays into TDs so we don’t stall in the red zone would be crucial.
But that's not the point - fuck playing impact for a year if he's going to disappear at first hurdle.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
But that's not the point - fuck playing impact for a year if he's going to disappear at first hurdle.
I think getting fournette and a healthy season outta him gets us a super bowl, worth it to me.

There literally isn’t a better weapon we could ask for, the injury prone part sucks, but joe was injury prone on a crippling deal towards the end, so on his rookie deal this would be to quite possibly get a super bowl right away

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
What do you think we could get?
Honestly a draft pick that’s spent on the trenches would be a better investment.

I’m a Fournette guy. And he’s proven he can be the offensive focal point to a team. He did it last year with one competent oline men. Anyone doubting his talent needs to get their eyes checked. He can be a top RB at this level. In this scheme he fits like a glove.

But assuming his attitude problems are actually that detrimental(I doubt that), and given his injuries it’s too big of a risk.

If he’s a FA.... pounce. What do we have to lose? Trade. Not worth it

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m with @JoeyFlex5

I’d trade for him. Fournette with Lamar is a freakin nightmare for 31 other teams and I’d love to see it happen

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Honestly a draft pick that’s spent on the trenches would be a better investment.

I’m a Fournette guy. And he’s proven he can be the offensive focal point to a team. He did it last year with one competent oline men. Anyone doubting his talent needs to get their eyes checked. He can be a top RB at this level. In this scheme he fits like a glove.

But assuming his attitude problems are actually that detrimental(I doubt that), and given his injuries it’s too big of a risk.

If he’s a FA.... pounce. What do we have to lose? Trade. Not worth it
If he’s a FA then cap space and guarantees muddy up the whole thing, trading joe for him straight up is no loss in draft capital and he’s cheap and it’s probably the best move we could make to push for a SB immediately. Literally no draft pick/trade/signing could make a bigger impact and we’d be making the deal trading a backup that would get us a day 2 pick at best

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If he’s a FA then cap space and guarantees muddy up the whole thing, trading joe for him straight up is no loss in draft capital and he’s cheap and it’s probably the best move we could make to push for a SB immediately. Literally no draft pick/trade/signing could make a bigger impact and we’d be making the deal trading a backup that would get us a day 2 pick at best
There are no guarantees - all voided by Coughlin because of that suspension recently

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
There are no guarantees - all voided by Coughlin because of that suspension recently
I’m saying if he hits FA and we pounce, then guarantees come into play, hence trading him being minimal risk other than what we would potentially miss out on by trading joe for picks

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m saying if he hits FA and we pounce, then guarantees come into play, hence trading him being minimal risk other than what we would potentially miss out on by trading joe for picks
I don't think he can hit FA if released - would be a waiver pick up.
I'm also pretty sure they are not letting him go, taking guarantees off and calling him out in a presser was probably just a wake up call.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think he can hit FA if released - would be a waiver pick up.
I'm also pretty sure they are not letting him go, taking guarantees off and calling him out in a presser was probably just a wake up call.
I was just responding to lost mentioning him as a future FA target

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not sure I understand how a pro bowl caliber RB on his rookie deal is worth less than a 33 year old QB who’s basically past his prime?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If you had Bortles as your quarterback, you'd understand.
Joe is a massive improvement, sure, but maybe we as ravens fans are overvaluing joe by quite a bit if we think we can get a shitload more than fournette.

At best, we get a second round pick and then we better make goddamn sure we don’t squander it, if we trade for fournette, I strongly believe that’s a super bowl for us and only injuries can stop it, and yeah he’s injury prone, but risk reward man, this isn’t caution time, this is the time to go win one by any means.