• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Nate Wiggins

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Dane Brugler's report on Wiggins - his CB3
nfl-draft-2024-the-beast-guide-dane-bruglers-scouting-v0-7usyjoczmptc12.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was scared these past 2 weeks of kool-aid, that one felt inevitable up until the board started to take shape, then it felt as if we were gonna do exactly what @Tyler said, we were either gonna have a shot at Wiggins, DeJean, both, or nobody in R1, I could’ve seen suamataia if we didn’t have a trade partner we liked but I’m convinced we had a number of good trade backs lined up

apparently 8 trade partners

Simba

Staff Member
Alright the video of the draft call from last night where Wiggins keeps calling EDC 'coach' even after him explicitly saying he was not the coach is pretty hilarious.

Simba

Staff Member
Also, apparently the speed of us putting in the pick was not a TV illusion. They had the card ready to go as soon as they were on the clock.

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Giving the Wiggins pick some more time, I do like it, if you had told me he would be the guy at 30 before the draft I would have definitely been happy. Sounds like he is a guy who had a great interview which obviously helps. Biggest concern for me is weight and making sure he is still the explosive athlete if he put on 10-15 pounds. Also curious what his 10 yard split is supposed to be, I have seen 1.59 and 1.5 listed and that is a pretty big range.

I think he fits as an outside corner that can take away the deep stuff for sure, not really sold on him in the slot at this point but don’t think he will play much there anyways with Humph and Hamilton likely taking that position on.

Do like this for our secondary, think we are in good shape on the back end now, just gotta fortify the front 7 to get after the passer and pressure earlier throws to help make the secondary even better.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Idk what to think of higgins. Them tall skinny 4.2-3 speed cbs usually dnt do as well in the nfl. Im expecting some growing pains for sure.. hope we throw him thr fire early

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Giving the Wiggins pick some more time, I do like it, if you had told me he would be the guy at 30 before the draft I would have definitely been happy. Sounds like he is a guy who had a great interview which obviously helps. Biggest concern for me is weight and making sure he is still the explosive athlete if he put on 10-15 pounds. Also curious what his 10 yard split is supposed to be, I have seen 1.59 and 1.5 listed and that is a pretty big range.

I think he fits as an outside corner that can take away the deep stuff for sure, not really sold on him in the slot at this point but don’t think he will play much there anyways with Humph and Hamilton likely taking that position on.

Do like this for our secondary, think we are in good shape on the back end now, just gotta fortify the front 7 to get after the passer and pressure earlier throws to help make the secondary even better.

Official 10 yd split was 1.49 with 4.28 40

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
Official 10 yd split was 1.49 with 4.28 40
Was it 1.49 because I have seen 1.59 and 1.5 thrown around and it has been tough trying to figure out which one to believe. I think he definitely has the quickness on film. My bigger concern is lateral quickness and how adding 10-15 pounds would impact his explosiveness

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The official NFL Combine split is 1.59 with a 4.28 40. Atleast that's how it's listed

If it's a typo than it's a typo but I don't see 1.49 anywhere.

yeah it's a typo

think it's been entered wrong... and just logically, 1.59 turning into 4.28 would be unbelievable - would make his flying 20 world record 100m level fast

brugler has the offical 10 yd split at 1.50

i was wrong on the 1.49... was a 1.5 flat instead