• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 EDGE Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really want either Sweat or Polite at the end of the first round. Hopefully one of them will still be on the board.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Sorry @JoeyFlex5 I had to
edge-wallpaper-3.png

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I like Porter Gustin out of USC in the third or fourth. He's a power rusher, but he has actual bend, and a decent array of pass rushing moves to work with. Judon is entering a contract year, Bowser really should not be playing the edge full time, and Tim... Tim is fine if he ever stays healthy.

I really want either Sweat or Polite at the end of the first round. Hopefully one of them will still be on the board.
I think Polite is a top 15 pick when it’s all set and done. His stock is going to sky rocket at the combine. He’s just physically gifted. I’m all for him Brian Burns and Josh Allen

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like Porter Gustin out of USC in the third or fourth. He's a power rusher, but he has actual bend, and a decent array of pass rushing moves to work with. Judon is entering a contract year, Bowser really should not be playing the edge full time, and Tim... Tim is fine if he ever stays healthy.
I’d rather get a pass rusher early and use those 3-4th round picks on OL.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
My favourite edge guy may very well be Ferrell. I think he does the best job with his hands and bends the edge better than the others. I don’t think he’s as fast as Sweat or Allen, but he uses his hands so well, seems like a smart player aware of his position on the field and where the QB is, and I think he’ll do well at the next level. He reminds me quite a bit of Derek Barnett.

Allen worries me because he’s ridiculously fast but I see him make plays when he’s unblocked. That’s a huge red flag for me. Sweat seems to make plays when he is going against a guy who isn’t as fast as he is with his feet. Sweat can really bend the edge, though, but wow when I watch Ferrell he does both bend the edge and uses his hands to violently beat the tackle. I’m very impressed by him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think Polite is a top 15 pick when it’s all set and done. His stock is going to sky rocket at the combine. He’s just physically gifted. I’m all for him Brian Burns and Josh Allen
I’m calling polite a top 5 pick. Burns and Allen I think are almost guaranteed busts. I did a quick write up on all the first round edge guys on the prospects thread to explain why

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Theres a lot of quality pass rushers in the 1st round this year. I mean at the top of my head it Bosa, Allen, Sweat, Ferrell, and Polite. Cant remember the last time weve had this many possible top 15 edge rushers in one class.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd spend 2nd on him but we don't have one
Just watched his highlight video to get a baseline. Showed a decent number of plays which is nice. I’ll say my initial impression was fast, violent, instinctive, and explosive. He definitely looks good. I’m not sure he bends that well because I couldn’t see enough of him from the highlight video, but it was promising. I’ll go watch some games of him to see how he handles on every down. If he looks good after that I would spend a first round pick on him.

Ok, will be a bust*

Sorry professor.
It’s good thing I don’t take your views on prospects seriously. Projecting prospects as busts before they’ve even played a down in the NFL is nonsense. I specially remember you saying the same about DeForest Buckner a few years back. Didn’t turn out too well huh?

Last edited: