• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 EDGE Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s good thing I don’t take your views on prospects seriously. Projecting prospects as busts before they’ve even played a down in the NFL is nonsense. I specially remember you saying the same about DeForest Buckner a few years back. Didn’t turn out too well huh?
Lolwut? I liked deforest Buckner and mocked him to us and got blasted for it and continued mocking him to us. You sure you aren’t talking about arik Armstead?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s good thing I don’t take your views on prospects seriously. Projecting prospects as busts before they’ve even played a down in the NFL is nonsense. I specially remember you saying the same about DeForest Buckner a few years back. Didn’t turn out too well huh?
I believe he came around on Buckner closer to the draft. Actually that was Ramsey, he liked Buckner. It was Ramsey he didn’t like until closer to the draft.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
yeah buckner looked like a clear top 10 pick that year and has played like it

the one that got me most severely was how on earth solomon thomas could be considered a top 20 pick let alone top 3...
I didn’t get the hype either on Thomas, he was a tweener who truly didn’t have the prerequisites at either position.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I believe he came around on Buckner closer to the draft. Actually that was Ramsey, he liked Buckner. It was Ramsey he didn’t like until closer to the draft.
I didn’t like Ramsey at corner and I hated that he was so adamant on being a corner, I saw him as a versatile safety through and through and I still believe that.

And actually when everyone was hyping bosa when the 2015 season started, I was hyping Ramsey as my favorite player, and everyone called me a jackass for it lol, when he played cb all year and declared he was gonna enter he draft as a cb, that’s when I soured, but still wanted him if we could’ve got him

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And by the way @Justdewinit20 you can disregard my opinion all you want just because you disagree, but I still have a pretty solid hit rate on my evaluations and I’ve yet to see you pound the table for a player and see how it plays out

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I like montez sweat the most...

If we're going into a pass rushing option
I like polite the most but sweat is for real imo. I wish he had another step of burst but I love how well he uses his length and hands and his bend, natural lengthy edge rusher.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I didn’t like Ramsey at corner and I hated that he was so adamant on being a corner, I saw him as a versatile safety through and through and I still believe that.

And actually when everyone was hyping bosa when the 2015 season started, I was hyping Ramsey as my favorite player, and everyone called me a jackass for it lol, when he played cb all year and declared he was gonna enter he draft as a cb, that’s when I soured, but still wanted him if we could’ve got him
I actually liked him better as a safety as well. Thought he was a much better fit

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

He’s definitely one of my favorite edge rushers at this point, but I’ve only seen games and a little film at this point,

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I actually liked him better as a safety as well. Thought he was a much better fit
He was a great downhill player and very rangy in coverage at all levels, he went sideline to sideline in the intermediate incredibly well and was a monster at blowing up screens and quick passes.

Plus, in this day and age, a safety that can play downhill like that but also man up with a TE or literally anywhere on the field is just an attractive thing(cough Derwin James)

Also forgot to mention that while I loved his fire, I worried about his temper and how he deals with hardships in the locker room, I made that well known on the old boards, and that turned out to be right also, because he’s acting like a whole bitch these days.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He was a great downhill player and very rangy in coverage at all levels, he went sideline to sideline in the intermediate incredibly well and was a monster at blowing up screens and quick passes.

Plus, in this day and age, a safety that can play downhill like that but also man up with a TE or literally anywhere on the field is just an attractive thing(cough Derwin James)

Also forgot to mention that while I loved his fire, I worried about his temper and how he deals with hardships in the locker room, I made that well known on the old boards, and that turned out to be right also, because he’s acting like a whole bitch these days.
Quite honestly if we drafted Ramsey and played him at CB, we most likely would not have Humphrey and I’m not sure who we would have at LT, but I digress.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Quite honestly if we drafted Ramsey and played him at CB, we most likely would not have Humphrey and I’m not sure who we would have at LT, but I digress.
I said it then, I would’ve loved to have Ramsey, but Stanley was the best pick for us.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

He might become the best DB in history but I still wouldn't want him. He just produces too much cringe whenever he opens his mouth.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He might become the best DB in history but I still wouldn't want him. He just produces too much cringe whenever he opens his mouth.
Plus he acts like a sassy aunt who’s had one too many sangrias at the cookout, don’t nobody want that shit on the football field, arching your back and switching your hips when you walk off the field and shit, like I’m not a homophobe in the slightest, but that shit along with the bugeyed neck rolling “you tell me” interview AFTER A LOSS is just not some shit I’d wanna defend as a fan lol.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Plus he acts like a sassy aunt who’s had one too many sangrias at the cookout, don’t nobody want that shit on the football field, arching your back and switching your hips when you walk off the field and shit, like I’m not a homophobe in the slightest, but that shit along with the bugeyed neck rolling “you tell me” interview AFTER A LOSS is just not some shit I’d wanna defend as a fan lol.
You guys say what you want, I’d take Ramsey in a split second. I don’t care wtf he says or how he says it lmao

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You guys say what you want, I’d take Ramsey in a split second. I don’t care wtf he says or how he says it lmao
Lol don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I wouldn’t want him, but he acts like a straight up bitch most of the time. I sincerely see his career ending long before his talent fades. I don’t think he lasts through a second deal(if he gets one) with the jags, and I could see him bounce around a few teams before fading into obscurity a little because nobody wants him in there talking shit about players and coaches and throwing tantrums on the field.

Those personalities always rear their ugly heads, unless they go to Cincinnati, then they could shit on the owners dinner plate, shoot the mayors wife, show up to a game drunk and naked, and get an extension for it.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

Why? I like him and he’s explosive but I’m worried he will get washed out versus stronger tackles in the NFL.

I said it then, I would’ve loved to have Ramsey, but Stanley was the best pick for us.
I’m a huge Ramsey fan and wanted him bad and I’m on record saying I’d rather have Ramsey but I think I need to take that back. I haven’t seen a LT as good as Stanley in the draft as a prospect yet since we took him. There have been RT prospects who were very good and some surprise LT but no LT as good as he is IMO.

I’m a big fan of his but the antics get old but he’s an elite and special player. I’d love him but I’m not sure you can justify him over Stanley.

Lol don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I wouldn’t want him, but he acts like a straight up bitch most of the time. I sincerely see his career ending long before his talent fades. I don’t think he lasts through a second deal(if he gets one) with the jags, and I could see him bounce around a few teams before fading into obscurity a little because nobody wants him in there talking shit about players and coaches and throwing tantrums on the field.

Those personalities always rear their ugly heads, unless they go to Cincinnati, then they could shit on the owners dinner plate, shoot the mayors wife, show up to a game drunk and naked, and get an extension for it.
I think this point is rather moot. Richard Sherman is damn near identical in his attitude but he has a career. Teams don’t generally care unless it hurts the team.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why? I like him and he’s explosive but I’m worried he will get washed out versus stronger tackles in the NFL.

I’m a huge Ramsey fan and wanted him bad and I’m on record saying I’d rather have Ramsey but I think I need to take that back. I haven’t seen a LT as good as Stanley in the draft as a prospect yet since we took him. There have been RT prospects who were very good and some surprise LT but no LT as good as he is IMO.

I’m a big fan of his but the antics get old but he’s an elite and special player. I’d love him but I’m not sure you can justify him over Stanley.

I think this point is rather moot. Richard Sherman is damn near identical in his attitude but he has a career. Teams don’t generally care unless it hurts the team.
I’ve always said on here I’d rather have Stanley over Ramsey considering the circumstances. So yeah