• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 DB Thread

Guy may fall due to the 'Urine sobstitution' thing back in 2017 that prevented him to miss a full season at LSU, but I guarantee you Kristian Fulton is one glue ass corner.
Wanted to spend one hour or so on Kevin White and well, he does pop out a lot.
He's just too good though to reach our late 3rd rounder.

That Adderly you guys just mentioned is also fly. Shoot. I don't recall the last time I had watched a highlights reel vid as they're mostly useless but man he looks so rangy and possibly a very good playmaker.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow ya. Johnathan Abram and Taylor Rapp look like they were meant to be Ravens. Especially in our scheme under Wink he could line up either or these 2 anywhere on the feild. Id be happy if we ended up with either or to replace weddle...

Although i do worry about football IQ on the back end and making sure everyones in position when Weddles gone. Sure he wasnt much of a playmaker last year but he was basically a coach on the feild out there for us

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Ill watch Abram if you watch Taylor Rapp. I love this kids instincts. And you feel it when he hits. Great closing speed.
I did watch Taylor Rapp. I wanted to post about him but I don't know what to think. Like, I would give so much to know where our FO has him ranked. I loved what I saw in terms of tackling, angles, IQ and feel for the game. He's one of the cleanest prospects I've seen. He's just not a FS. He's not what a lot of people on this forum have been asking. Then again, with all the Cover 0 we've used, does our staff values a single high S or a do it all S?
I legit don't know. Clearly one of the most intriguing prospects this year to me.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I did watch Taylor Rapp. I wanted to post about him but I don't know what to think. Like, I would give so much to know where our FO has him ranked. I loved what I saw in terms of tackling, angles, IQ and feel for the game. He's one of the cleanest prospects I've seen. He's just not a FS. He's not what a lot of people on this forum have been asking. Then again, with all the Cover 0 we've used, does our staff values a single high S or a do it all S?
I legit don't know. Clearly one of the most intriguing prospects this year to me.
At this point I'd happily take either type of safety. We've seen what Reed could do in Rex's blitz heavy, man cover defense. Granted that was Reed, but the skillset is useful for high risk, high reward defenses. At the same time, an all around guy that can play anything but d-line like Derwin James would also be perfect for a defense that tries to disguise it's look by crowding the line. I just want someone that can be relied on to cover and tackle well, especially in the redzone.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Guy may fall due to the 'Urine sobstitution' thing back in 2017 that prevented him to miss a full season at LSU, but I guarantee you Kristian Fulton is one glue ass corner.
Wanted to spend one hour or so on Kevin White and well, he does pop out a lot.
He's just too good though to reach our late 3rd rounder.

That Adderly you guys just mentioned is also fly. Shoot. I don't recall the last time I had watched a highlights reel vid as they're mostly useless but man he looks so rangy and possibly a very good playmaker.
Adderley looks smart on film, it’s a shame Delaware’s defense is so bad, he’s a very scheme sound player and doesn’t peek in the backfield or get caught flat footed, but is far from a slouch in run support

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
At this point I'd happily take either type of safety. We've seen what Reed could do in Rex's blitz heavy, man cover defense. Granted that was Reed, but the skillset is useful for high risk, high reward defenses. At the same time, an all around guy that can play anything but d-line like Derwin James would also be perfect for a defense that tries to disguise it's look by crowding the line. I just want someone that can be relied on to cover and tackle well, especially in the redzone.
If that's what you want, Abram and Rapp are your guy. Abram is more athletic and agressive but Rapp is smarter and the surest tackler you could ask for.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t believe in our ability to use that type of guy, unless they are seriously special all around, because Tony Jefferson is a monster close to the line and does pretty well in man, but his lack of ability to pickup the proper assignment in zone is really obvious to everyone watching, and I worry that we’re able to single out a player like that and give him a role in the scheme, because we haven’t been able to so far.

For this defense I think a single high type is the best fit, we like to blitz and instead of disguising to mask deficiencies, get a rangy guy who can athletically hold up when we do blitz

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thata the thing. With all the cover 0 we run i think we value these sure tackling safties who can match up man to man more than a FS. We def arent the kind of defense to sit back anymore. We like to be the aggressor and Rapp more than fits that bill. His tackling is just phenomenal

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Thata the thing. With all the cover 0 we run i think we value these sure tackling safties who can match up man to man more than a FS. We def arent the kind of defense to sit back anymore. We like to be the aggressor and Rapp more than fits that bill. His tackling is just phenomenal
That's why I'd be stocked if he is our pick.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really intrigued by this kid Juan Thornhill. Hes a senior and has 13 picks in his past 3 years at UVA. Looks really good in coverage and seems like a plus athlete. He just needs to clean up on his tackling but i really like what i see from him in coverage. One to watch at the senior bowl