• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 DB Thread

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This kid is phenomenal. The more i watch him. The more i think hes a sure fire 1st rounder. The way he fights off screens is amazing to watch. Can play in the box or at FS. Hes a ball hawk. Also good enough in man coverage to play the slot like UF used him all year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This kid is phenomenal. The more i watch him. The more i think hes a sure fire 1st rounder. The way he fights off screens is amazing to watch. Can play in the box or at FS. Hes a ball hawk. Also good enough in man coverage to play the slot like UF used him all year.

He already has a very good understanding of how to bait qbs into specific throws on a given down off a given look to create turnover chances - a great example from memory is one of his ints vs Michigan in the peach bowl

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we end up cutting jimmy smith, I want Rock Ya-Sin just for the jersey name. I’m still holding out hope for bowser, but might need to move on.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I like Adderley more and more every time I watch him.

It’s still hard to get over the FCS thing considering he’s gonna be a first rounder, but he’s a man amongst boys out there, in a position where it’s really hard to jump off the film, he does. Plus, he’s our ideal kinda safety, Tony Jefferson would probably get back to looking like a good safety with a guy like Adderley taking the deep zone responsibilities away

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we end up cutting jimmy smith, I want Rock Ya-Sin just for the jersey name. I’m still holding out hope for bowser, but might need to move on.
yeah i said that about a week ago. who wouldn't purchase that jersey

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like Adderley more and more every time I watch him.

It’s still hard to get over the FCS thing considering he’s gonna be a first rounder, but he’s a man amongst boys out there, in a position where it’s really hard to jump off the film, he does. Plus, he’s our ideal kinda safety, Tony Jefferson would probably get back to looking like a good safety with a guy like Adderley taking the deep zone responsibilities away

He looked really good in the Senior Bowl. I'd take him at 22 for sure but I also like Ferguson and Sweat at edgerush

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah i said that about a week ago. who wouldn't purchase that jersey

Haha. I won a bet with a friend of mine that’s an eagles fan. Bet was for a NFL jersey, best regular season record.
Since I already bought my Lamar jackson Jersey, I’m waiting to see who we drafting to redeem my bet.
Come on Ya-Sin!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He looked really good in the Senior Bowl. I'd take him at 22 for sure but I also like Ferguson and Sweat at edgerush
Not touching Ferguson at 22 but I’d take sweat over Adderley for sure. Right now my tops for us at 22 are

1. Deebo
2. Sweat
3. Lindstrom(that’s right. Lindstrom is the real deal no doubt in my mind)
4. Adderley

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not touching Ferguson at 22 but I’d take sweat over Adderley for sure. Right now my tops for us at 22 are

1. Deebo
2. Sweat
3. Lindstrom(that’s right. Lindstrom is the real deal no doubt in my mind)
4. Adderley

I was going to mock lindstrom with our 3rd round pick. He had a very strong senior bowl week though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was going to mock lindstrom with our 3rd round pick. He had a very strong senior bowl week though.
Guards never get mocked high, but we always see them and centers going in the late first when they were mocked in the second. Guys like Wynn, price, ragnow, Frederick, I don’t see why Lindstrom shouldn’t be a first round pick especially when a team desperate for a big boost inside like the ravens is sitting there.

The only way I’m not taking Lindstrom, or ford maybe(I’m far more sold on Lindstrom) is if there’s a superior talent as a splash position like edge rush or wr

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guards never get mocked high, but we always see them and centers going in the late first when they were mocked in the second. Guys like Wynn, price, ragnow, Frederick, I don’t see why Lindstrom shouldn’t be a first round pick especially when a team desperate for a big boost inside like the ravens is sitting there.

The only way I’m not taking Lindstrom, or ford maybe(I’m far more sold on Lindstrom) is if there’s a superior talent as a splash position like edge rush or wr
Yeah. If Deebo, Harmon, Polite, and Sweat are gone on the board it should be one of them. Otherwise, grab Ford or Lindstrom and continue building a dominate run offense.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah. If Deebo, Harmon, Polite, and Sweat are gone on the board it should be one of them. Otherwise, grab Ford or Lindstrom and continue building a dominate run offense.
I’m not sold on harmon for us because his skill set is gonna require some good ball placement, now hear me out... he’s a ball catching son of a bitch, no question, but what makes him so good is he and Finley have a great connection, he specializes in the back shoulder fade more than anything and it’s not close, that’s a throw that, to be completed, takes a very deep understanding of what your wr can do/will do, and then takes great ball placement to execute. He doesn’t get separation really ever.

The throw I worry about most with lamar is the fade, our first rounder shouldn’t be a guy who specializes in it. That being said, I really like harmon in general, I just think that he could potentially be a poor fit, unless of course he comes here and none of that matters and he just runs every route in the book and catches every goddamn thing thrown his way, which is possible, but the lack of separation worries me with a guy like lamar

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I’m not sold on harmon for us because his skill set is gonna require some good ball placement, now hear me out... he’s a ball catching son of a bitch, no question, but what makes him so good is he and Finley have a great connection, he specializes in the back shoulder fade more than anything and it’s not close, that’s a throw that, to be completed, takes a very deep understanding of what your wr can do/will do, and then takes great ball placement to execute. He doesn’t get separation really ever.

The throw I worry about most with lamar is the fade, our first rounder shouldn’t be a guy who specializes in it. That being said, I really like harmon in general, I just think that he could potentially be a poor fit, unless of course he comes here and none of that matters and he just runs every route in the book and catches every goddamn thing thrown his way, which is possible, but the lack of separation worries me with a guy like lamar
That sounds weird coming from a N'keal Harry fan...