• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens QB Situation

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thanks for the welcome.

I totally understand how you feel and I will be ok with whatever decision Harbaugh makes. Clearly Lamar is the future of this franchise and he needs all of the experiences he can get. Especially under the big lights.

Having said that, there is a part of me that feels like this QB situation is unique and we may never see this again, and I think there is opportunity to keep opponents off kilter by not knowing who they will face, and having to prepare for both styles of play. Of course this will only work for so long without actually playing Joe some at least. The other issue is whether Harbaugh believes that Lamar is his best option as things heat up and we get closer to the playoffs, and/or into the playoffs. If we win Sunday then the picture becomes more clear obviously.

So I’m just trying to put myself in Harbaugh’s shoes and if it were me I would at least have to be thinking about all the possibilities, and maybe even losing a wink or two of sleep at night. Lol

I feel like it's an easy decision if we keep winning because we shouldn't have to fix what isn't broken. If we start to lose then that complicates things a bit, but unless we're afraid that Lamar is going to get hurt in one of the final games then it's a backwards move to go back to Flacco (although if Flacco were to play well to close out then it could slightly increase his trade value, so there's that to consider).

If Flacco has to play for any reason then I'll still support and root for him, but the Lamar-Era has already begun and there should be no turning back now.

I feel like it's an easy decision if we keep winning because we shouldn't have to fix what isn't broken. If we start to lose then that complicates things a bit, but unless we're afraid that Lamar is going to get hurt in one of the final games then it's a backwards move to go back to Flacco (although if Flacco were to play well to close out then it could slightly increase his trade value, so there's that to consider).

If Flacco has to play for any reason then I'll still support and root for him, but the Lamar-Era has already begun and there should be no turning back now.

Yeah there’s little doubt that the Lamar era has begun, the question for me is whether he is ready to hand him the keys. Or really what I am wondering is whether Harbaugh feels that way. He hasn’t really been tested in big games yet. Sunday will be his first start, and it appears that Flacco will not dress for the game, where he needs to have a big game throwing the ball. Of course if our defense can keep it close then maybe the running game will still be enough to win. Gonna be a fun game to watch.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah there’s little doubt that the Lamar era has begun, the question for me is whether he is ready to hand him the keys. Or really what I am wondering is whether Harbaugh feels that way. He hasn’t really been tested in big games yet. Sunday will be his first start, and it appears that Flacco will not dress for the game, where he needs to have a big game throwing the ball. Of course if our defense can keep it close then maybe the running game will still be enough to win. Gonna be a fun game to watch.

KC actually has one of the worst run defenses in the league if you're looking at their YPC allowed so as long as we don't fall behind by 2-3 scores then we should be able to keep pounding the rock all game. And if Lamar does have to air out a lot then I think he should manage as long as he avoids Berry. Definitely can't wait for Sunday.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
KC actually has one of the worst run defenses in the league if you're looking at their YPC allowed so as long as we don't fall behind by 2-3 scores then we should be able to keep pounding the rock all game. And if Lamar does have to air out a lot then I think he should manage as long as he avoids Berry. Definitely can't wait for Sunday.

We're facing some of the worst 3rd down defenses 3 of the last 4 games. If the run game is established we could control this game. Lamar will have to be better protecting the ball and make a few more throws to close this one out. Like I said before, I'll be happy if this game is just close.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
We're facing some of the worst 3rd down defenses 3 of the last 4 games. If the run game is established we could control this game. Lamar will have to be better protecting the ball and make a few more throws to close this one out. Like I said before, I'll be happy if this game is just close.

Yeah, we just have to keep the game close and we have a great shot at winning. We can't let KC start to build a lead and have to play catch-up ball with them because that just isn't going to work.

Yeah, we just have to keep the game close and we have a great shot at winning. We can't let KC start to build a lead and have to play catch-up ball with them because that just isn't going to work.

#1 offense against #1 defense. I like our chances of keeping this game close if we can contain Kielce. Our secondary has played lights out. Also KC may be one dimensional Sunday without their #1 RB. Keeping it close is a must to keep the pressure off of Lamar.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
#1 offense against #1 defense. I like our chances of keeping this game close if we can contain Kielce. Our secondary has played lights out. Also KC may be one dimensional Sunday without their #1 RB. Keeping it close is a must to keep the pressure off of Lamar.
No disrespect to Hill, but Kelce scares me more. Hunt is a great player, without a doubt, but they have loads of offensive talent. Let’s not forget Conley

rossihunter2

Staff Member

we need to run the ball at Dee Ford early and physically tire him out - he's not a great run defender but if he's tired he's not gonna be as effective rushing the passer - if he always has to play 100% because we run the zone read and read him then he's gonna get gassed

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kelce scares me more solely because he's a tight end and we literally in no-form can ever seem to cover tight ends
Hill to the rest of the league i think is the more dangerous weapon
Falcons moved the chains when they passed to Hooper, thank god Ryan was too busy to stare down Julio or Ridley.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kelce scares me more solely because he's a tight end and we literally in no-form can ever seem to cover tight ends
Hill to the rest of the league i think is the more dangerous weapon
I disagree, I think kelce is the better player overall and honestly I think there’s a pretty good gap in between them.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I disagree, I think kelce is the better player overall and honestly I think there’s a pretty good gap in between them.
Chelsea will be a pain in the ass and convert a good amount of first downs. I agree Hill will be the bigger killer however. I think he will only have 2 or 3 catches but all could be tds.

So it looks as though Joe will be activated this week and back up Lamar. Or at least that’s what Viviano says.

Going to be interesting to see how Harbaugh handles this with their playoff lives on the line, and possibly his job, every week now.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
So it looks as though Joe will be activated this week and back up Lamar. Or at least that’s what Viviano says.

Going to be interesting to see how Harbaugh handles this with their playoff lives on the line, and possibly his job, every week now.
I'm not seeing that link?