• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Ravens v. Refs

if im honest i dont think there was any exploiting about it - the design i think was not for tyreek to even be there but he reacted when mahomes got flushed by ZDS

Yeah exploit was a bad choice of words. I looked at the play again and really the ravens did everything right on that play. They got pressure on Mahomes with 4 rushers and had the receivers covered well. Mahomes just made a great play and threw the ball where only Hill could catch it. It’s just frustrating watching another big game slip away late because we can’t seem to close it out.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i point you to @29BmoreBird22 's brilliant series on coverages and particularly this article on cover 2:

https://purpleflock.com/threads/750/

but if you read you will see that cover 2 can be either a zone or man concept

also not sure what playing zone has to do with prevent defence...?

I’ve looked at the play in all-22. You may want to read the articles that bird wrote in the purple Flock news section. He has a series of excellent articles, one of which is cover 2.

@29BmoreBird22
Well shucks, thanks for the shout out.

Life has been absurdly busy. Big snow storm and then getting all that cleared out and making up work. And then of course the holiday is busy.

I go on a cruise Saturday, so I'm gonna make the time to grind out the next three pieces, no excuses on my part.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well shucks, thanks for the shout out.

Life has been absurdly busy. Big snow storm and then getting all that cleared out and making up work. And then of course the holiday is busy.

I go on a cruise Saturday, so I'm gonna make the time to grind out the next three pieces, no excuses on my part.
Where do you live

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Where do you live
Southeastern VA. They were only expecting rain and I think we got like 3-4 inches, which is really big for here because our area isn't prepared for snow, at all. Then, I work in Central VA, who was only supposed to get about 3 inches, and they got 11 inches.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Southeastern VA. They were only expecting rain and I think we got like 3-4 inches, which is really big for here because our area isn't prepared for snow, at all. Then, I work in Central VA, who was only supposed to get about 3 inches, and they got 11 inches.
Wow, well good luck