• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Offense for Remainder of Season

Offense Moving Forward

• Start Joe, mix Lamar in

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Start Lamar, mix Joe in

• 50/50-ish

• Start Lamar and Don’t take him out except for injury

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In 3rd and 4 or 5, I am so confident we will be getting a first down. It's an amazing feeling to have.

not only do i feel confident on 3rd down but i feel confident running on 3rd down

although i will say that early this year ive never felt so confident with joe on the field that we would convert 3rd and long and in general recovering when we get behind the chains

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not only do i feel confident on 3rd down but i feel confident running on 3rd down

although i will say that early this year ive never felt so confident with joe on the field that we would convert 3rd and long and in general recovering when we get behind the chains
Agree

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
except teams have shown they dont really fear that - they double john brown and take away a significant deep fear by sending safety help towards Brown

and because of the better running game with lamar the play action is more effective albeit there is something to be said for the playaction coming out of under centre rather than shotgun

i think more likely our improved running game makes play action more effective for both qbs but im not sure the running game significantly threatens defences with joe on the field and without that threat i dont think defences worry about it in the same way they do with lamar

They didn’t fear it because we had no running game to account for.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tbh I don’t think the run game would be bad now with joe - a huge part of the run game sucking was on Collins. With Dixon healthy, he should see the majority of the snaps and I think our run game would be fine with him and joe. Not as good as with Lamar, but still.
I think this is untrue. Skura and hurst/Lewis are facing stacked boxes but more resources dedicated to edge contain than anything. The middle of the defense is severely weakened and that helps us tremendously having 2 junior college caliber blockers inside, with skura at C and trash tier to his left, and defenders being able to crash the interior, we simply have no goddamn way to run the ball anywhere but off tackle, which oddly is something that only lamar and Collins do well, who would both not be playing in this scenario.

To me it comes down to Two questions:

1. Is Joe Flacco done as a Raven? If Harbs and the FO have decided that he will be traded after this season then by all means turn the keys over now. Let Lamar play these final 3 games, maybe get to the playoffs and gain some experience for next year. Win or lose, if he’s the 2019 QB for this team then Joe only plays if he gets hurt.

2. How badly does Harbaugh and/or the FO want/need to get to the playoffs this year? It is withinn reach with only 3 games left. There is no more tomorrows from here on out. If we lose one more game the odds of getting there are slim. If they really want to get to the playoffs and potentially win a championship then the decision on how to use Joe become more complicated.

I would start Lamar and let the game dictate whether I need to make a change. He has earned the right to at least start the next game. If we get behind a couple of scores then maybe Joe plays. You have to respect Joes experience and success in big games, late in the year. He’s been one of the best ever in playoff win/loss percentages.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think this is untrue. Skura and hurst/Lewis are facing stacked boxes but more resources dedicated to edge contain than anything. The middle of the defense is severely weakened and that helps us tremendously having 2 junior college caliber blockers inside, with skura at C and trash tier to his left, and defenders being able to crash the interior, we simply have no goddamn way to run the ball anywhere but off tackle, which oddly is something that only lamar and Collins do well, who would both not be playing in this scenario.
None of this takes into account that Dixon is a fucking animal, therefore, you lose