• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Rant; The AFC (L)East

sailorsam

Practice Squad
Nengland wins their 10th div title in a row.
they went, what, 7-1 in division this year, the one loss on a freak kick return.
none of the other teams have a winning record.

I wonder how much of their 'dynasty' comes from playing eight games a year against this weak bunch of hosers.

sailorsam

Practice Squad
last ten years combined the three other teams have four playoff appearances and no div titles.
Jets have two playoff appearances (2009, 2010) under Buddy Rex Ryan.
The Bills have one, last year
Dolphins have one, 2016

what a bunch of hosers.
no wonder the Pats get all those byes and home playoff games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tank

Hall of Famer
What’s non-NE AFCE record against non-division teams during that span?
Didn’t bother to look but I’m guessing it’s pretty good considering they have been so well coached, and well rested from playing those sorry ass teams in their division.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn’t bother to look but I’m guessing it’s pretty good considering they have been so well coached, and well rested from playing those sorry ass teams in their division.
I mean how have the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets done against non-divisional opponents? Like versus NFC or AFC etc. I don’t think the division is good but I’m wondering how much is it the Patriots also being great because the Patriots beat plenty of teams outside their division.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I mean how have the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets done against non-divisional opponents? Like versus NFC or AFC etc. I don’t think the division is good but I’m wondering how much is it the Patriots also being great because the Patriots beat plenty of teams outside their division.
Oh, gotcha. I missed the “non NE” piece.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Their division is trash but we've had the Browns and their out of division record is still crazy. You may hate them, but show em respect. The team is good, it's most likely the fans you hate. On that note, FUCK the Cowboys...

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Their division is trash but we've had the Browns and their out of division record is still crazy. You may hate them, but show em respect. The team is good, it's most likely the fans you hate. On that note, FUCK the Cowboys...
Trying to say their dynasty is mostly a product of their division is ridiculous.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Didn’t break out their NE games but took a quick look and here’s their respective records since 2009.

Bills 66 - 93
Jets 70 - 89
Fins 72 - 87

Not saying it’s the main reason they have been a good team because Belichek is the best, but it’s hard to deny the advantage of playing in such a weak division. There’s no question it’s played a big role in their getting a huge number of home field playoff games all those years.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Trying to say their dynasty is mostly a product of their division is ridiculous.
Yeah, they won plenty outside their sorry division but it helps a lot when your team doesn't get beaten up in divisional games. It's just a little worse than having a bye week - practice in pads basically.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
last ten years combined the three other teams have four playoff appearances and no div titles.
Jets have two playoff appearances (2009, 2010) under Buddy Rex Ryan.
The Bills have one, last year
Dolphins have one, 2016

what a bunch of hosers.
no wonder the Pats get all those byes and home playoff games.
Fixed it

Yeah I’ve been saying this for year. Playing in an extremely week division has helped that entire team, including Tom Brady and all of his records. Peyton Manning played in a week division as well, for that matter. Put both of those teams in a touch conference it’s much different.

Tank

Hall of Famer
[QUOTE
So say NE and the Browns switch places for the last 10 years. Do you think their results are similar? And yeah, screw the Cowboys.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
[QUOTE

So say NE and the Browns switch places for the last 10 years. Do you think their results are similar? And yeah, screw the Cowboys.
The Patriots records would be worse ans the North is a much more physical division. The Browns would still be the Browns, with maybe a few more wins

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
[QUOTE

That’s so hard to say because NE has a good record against our division if my memory serves me right. Then again, divisional teams usually have those surprise games against their divisional opponents because they are so used to them. That’s a very hard question to legit answer.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
[QUOTE

If they switched, the results of one of those teams would be the same. The other team would have fewer playoff appearances, I think. Their QB would have retired long time ago.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That’s so hard to say because NE has a good record against our division if my memory serves me right. Then again, divisional teams usually have those surprise games against their divisional opponents because they are so used to them. That’s a very hard question to legit answer.
Yeah, playing div va div breeds familiarity. It’s also possible they may have had more injuries due to Harbaugh....just sayin

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What’s non-NE AFCE record against non-division teams during that span?

i think the Pats are .780 in the division
ironically they are .781 outside the division

there are arguments to be made that because they never get a beating in their division they are better prepared and better able to manage their team against more difficult opponents - and healthier probably too because they dont get beaten up as much

but simply easier to accept that they are a well-run, brilliantly coached team with probably the best QB of all time as a constant which naturally will breed a dynasty of success

redrum52

Hall of Famer
[QUOTE

Don't think NE would have the same level of success, but would still be high. Would love to see if they were in a more physical division. There have been short spurts, early Rex and a few Bills teams, but they were rarely really challenged by a division foe, record wise.