• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 17 Cleveland Browns @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
AIN'T NO STOPPING US NOW......

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I’m nervous... it’s the browns, why am I nervous... I don’t like that the browns are good now...

I’m nervous... it’s the browns, why am I nervous... I don’t like that the browns are good now...

Im nervous, but I’m not as nervous today as I was a year ago against the Bengals. Not that the browns are less of an opponent, I just think the current ravens are peaking at the right time, with a formula that bodes well for them. Control the clock, keep our D fresh, and turn the dogs loose often.

Last edited:

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im nervous, but I’m not as nervous today as I was a year ago against the Bengals. Not that the browns are less of an opponent, I just think the current ravens are peaking at the right time, with a formula that bodes well for them. Control the clock, keep our D fresh, and turn the dogs loose often.

Woof! Woof!
Yeah the ravens didn't play convincing football against the colts then came out totally flat for the bengals game, but still I'm not as confident as last year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The key to today’s game: DONT.TURN.THE.BALL.OVER.

That’s the key every week. With this formula, we can’t have turnovers, our formula is based on making opponents feel like they have to force a play every time they get the ball, we are now seeing what happens when opponents feel like they’re being slowly strangled out of a game, they force plays and our secondary capitalizes, the qb wants to extend every play to try to make something happen and our pass rush capitalizes. We are a team who can win regularly with a 3-10 point lead but still look dominant in doing so, giving the ball away can spell disaster by giving them a free TD and putting the game in reach for the opponent, making any 4th down late in the game a make or break play for a game that otherwise would’ve been out of reach.

If the opponent has the ball late with a 1 possession deficit, then we likely turned the ball over and gave them a free score, this puts pressure on the defense to be perfect, and if we get the ball in this situation we’ve seen that Marty is likely to fuck it up and call a 3 and out sequence.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nervous wreck already. I don't think I'm going to watch this game in real time. It's just too much for poor me. But, starting tonight after we win the dang game, I'll be up all night scouring the internet for any little tidbit on how we beat up on those Browns!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

That’s the key every week. With this formula, we can’t have turnovers, our formula is based on making opponents feel like they have to force a play every time they get the ball, we are now seeing what happens when opponents feel like they’re being slowly strangled out of a game, they force plays and our secondary capitalizes, the qb wants to extend every play to try to make something happen and our pass rush capitalizes. We are a team who can win regularly with a 3-10 point lead but still look dominant in doing so, giving the ball away can spell disaster by giving them a free TD and putting the game in reach for the opponent, making any 4th down late in the game a make or break play for a game that otherwise would’ve been out of reach.

If the opponent has the ball late with a 1 possession deficit, then we likely turned the ball over and gave them a free score, this puts pressure on the defense to be perfect, and if we get the ball in this situation we’ve seen that Marty is likely to fuck it up and call a 3 and out sequence.
In addition, we need to have better red zone play calling and turn fgs into tds

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
In addition, we need to have better red zone play calling and turn fgs into tds
Our red zone play calling has been solid, we haven’t been afraid to use lamars arm in the red zone and it works well. He threw a TD ball to crab on the opening drive and crab got outmuscled, the John brown and maxx TDs vs KC were brilliant, Marty will always have one play where he gets too cute in the red zone, but typically does alright and it comes down to failed execution.

Our play calling is, and always will be, at its weakest when we’re protecting a 1 possession lead late in the game. That’s martys downfall and what I believe will be the ultimate reason we can’t win a SB this year. A playoff game will come where we have to burn 3-4 minutes to protect a lead but Marty shits the bed and we punt outside the 2 minute warning.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Our red zone play calling has been solid, we haven’t been afraid to use lamars arm in the red zone and it works well. He threw a TD ball to crab on the opening drive and crab got outmuscled, the John brown and maxx TDs vs KC were brilliant, Marty will always have one play where he gets too cute in the red zone, but typically does alright and it comes down to failed execution.

Our play calling is, and always will be, at its weakest when we’re protecting a 1 possession lead late in the game. That’s martys downfall and what I believe will be the ultimate reason we can’t win a SB this year. A playoff game will come where we have to burn 3-4 minutes to protect a lead but Marty shits the bed and we punt outside the 2 minute warning.
This is partly true, but there are too many times MM makes a terrible play call during the red zone ans we have to settle for three.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that's true but this team has also come back from seemingly momentum-changing turnovers already

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
that's true but this team has also come back from seemingly momentum-changing turnovers already
It’s more for the defense and overall gameplan than for lamar. This gameplan really takes a hit along with our chances to win when we give them a free score. Like we can respond quickly and all but when the game nears the end that could’ve been the score to put it away rather than the score to keep us just barely ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.