• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

From Seattle

Hawks85

Practice Squad
I’ve liked the Seahawks over the years cause back in the days of Marshawn Lynch and Boom they reminded me a lot of Ravens styled football smash mouth run game and fear of God defense.

I know it’s tough when a call that really could go either way goes against you but I kinda felt that while close it appeared to be a grab of the hip and a little turn. The other against Beasley was a mugging so you couldn’t be upset with that. I’m sure Cowboys fans would be screaming about a little early contact on the pick had things gone wrong for them.

To me Seattle lost that game on offense with what they did with their possession after the pick. An egregious holding penalty followed by a bone headed roughness penalty. They had the opportunity to take momentum there and failed to capitalize.
I agree we lost because of the offense, but those PI's were BS. If it had been 1st or 2nd down they are not called. The fact it was 3rd down in the 4th basically the game on the line good ole walt and Co. do what they do. This is the reason why we hawk fans were white hot when the refs were announced for the game and it was Walt's crew. We know they are Cowboy fan's. He's friends with Jerry jones etc...Jerry Jones is a dirt bag. I never blame the refs BUT today I am. I hope those Cowgirls get waxed next week. If someone on that team gets hurt...so be it I don't care. My hate for this team is probably worse than your guys hate for the Steelers or on the same level.

What's up Ravens Fans. Just wanna say good luck in the tournament. You guys are my pick in the AFC. My Seahawks well they are better than the cowboys on paper, but in Jerry's world I don't see us coming out with a W. I despise the Cowgirls with a passion and I think its going to be a flag fest against us. 3/4 of the country hates the Seahawks why I don't know. Skip Bayless is despised here in Seattle. We as fans hate this guy and is love for the Cowgirls. I thought this guy was a Patriots fan and a Steeler fan a few years ago. Anyway I'm rooting for you guys in the AFC.
Well at least 3/4 of the country seem to hate us too and I can tell you why. People still like the golden boy teams with their high flying offense and don’t like a team that dominates with D and punch you in the nose on offense. We play “ugly” our games are “boring” and our players are “thugs”. They want to watch a 50+ point affair while completely ignoring the fact that those games also involve shit defensive play and yet are somehow “exciting “.

You ask us what we think of Baylee’s he spent a decade trashing Joe “Fluke-o” when from our perspective, while he had his ups and downs was a critical part of a pretty special run of 6 out of 7 years in the post season at least one win in each of those and a Super Bowl MVP. He’s a P. T. Barnum of sports. He did have fun interviews with Suggs cause Suggs knew how to play his game. Other than that I’ve no use for him.

I appreciate the support. GO RAVENS!!

Hawks85

Practice Squad
Well at least 3/4 of the country seem to hate us too and I can tell you why. People still like the golden boy teams with their high flying offense and don’t like a team that dominates with D and punch you in the nose on offense. We play “ugly” our games are “boring” and our players are “thugs”. They want to watch a 50+ point affair while completely ignoring the fact that those games also involve shit defensive play and yet are somehow “exciting “.

You ask us what we think of Baylee’s he spent a decade trashing Joe “Fluke-o” when from our perspective, while he had his ups and downs was a critical part of a pretty special run of 6 out of 7 years in the post season at least one win in each of those and a Super Bowl MVP. He’s a P. T. Barnum of sports. He did have fun interviews with Suggs cause Suggs knew how to play his game. Other than that I’ve no use for him.

I appreciate the support. GO RAVENS!!
I like Flacco I always have. I also liked ray rice. I think 3/4 quarters of the nation hates because of what we did to Denver and manning in the SB. Like you said these media people etc...love the high flying 50 plus points a game offenses. We mike tysoned uppercut Denver in the SB and completely embarrassed manning the golden boy. I think that's where it started for us. Just my 2 cents.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I agree we lost because of the offense, but those PI's were BS. If it had been 1st or 2nd down they are not called. The fact it was 3rd down in the 4th basically the game on the line good ole walt and Co. do what they do. This is the reason why we hawk fans were white hot when the refs were announced for the game and it was Walt's crew. We know they are Cowboy fan's. He's friends with Jerry jones etc...Jerry Jones is a dirt bag. I never blame the refs BUT today I am. I hope those Cowgirls get waxed next week. If someone on that team gets hurt...so be it I don't care. My hate for this team is probably worse than your guys hate for the Steelers or on the same level.
I agree that while watching the game I noticed some ref biases. In my opinion some of your recievers got mugged before the ball arrived and there were no flags, however in the fourth quarter the refs seemed to find their flags for the Cowboys. I see why Hawks fans would be upset. We appreciate your support today!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I like Flacco I always have. I also liked ray rice. I think 3/4 quarters of the nation hates because of what we did to Denver and manning in the SB. Like you said these media people etc...love the high flying 50 plus points a game offenses. We mike tysoned uppercut Denver in the SB and completely embarrassed manning the golden boy. I think that's where it started for us. Just my 2 cents.
Actually a lot of people hate Carroll and they didn’t like Sherman and his mouth. Sure he’s not on the team anymore, but that doesn’t matter to them. Then there are the USC fans then feel he left them high and dry.

Hawks85

Practice Squad
Actually a lot of people hate Carroll and they didn’t like Sherman and his mouth. Sure he’s not on the team anymore, but that doesn’t matter to them. Then there are the USC fans then feel he left them high and dry.
Yeah that makes sense. I couldn't stand Sherman. We hawk fans think Carroll is holding us back by not letting Wilson do his thing. Like yesterday word is Schotty wanted to start passing more and Carroll said no keep running. We scored with ease when we passed. Carroll is a great coach but I am not a fan of his style. If he were to take Wilson off the leash then it would be different. Carroll is very stubborn and hard headed. The play calling yesterday was Schotty instructed by Carroll, so some hawk fans are blaming Schotty when in fact it was Carroll being Carroll.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Reading a story about a bad beat @Hawks85 ... Think you'll find portion interesting

"After the game, Reed and Flutie each said separately they heard one official say to another: “just give it to them.” The referee that day was Walt Coleman. (He, of course, would not become infamous until a few years later — after replay had been reinstituted in the NFL — for the “Tuck Rule Game,” in the final game ever played on that very same field.)"