• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

From Seattle

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
How? I hate the Steelers way more than the patriots. How can you respect those bitches in pit? I can at least respect BB.

I do as well. I think with all the hatred we have for the Steelers there is also some respect. Can’t say that for the Patriots.

I’m the same as you
I hate pittsburgh and I don’t like New England but I find them way more preferable to the steelers

When I say I respect the Steelers it comes from their history, not from the past decade. I can actually say I’ve lost a ton of respect for that organization. It doesn’t look anything like the organization from the 70s the end of the Cowher regime.

Hawks85

Practice Squad
I’ve actually heard many of their fans are assholes at the games, with total disrespect to other teams fans. They are the Philly fans west, for the most part. Some also hate the, because they hate their coach. However as much as they hate the coach, Carrol is a very good coach.
I've heard the same thing about Cowboys. I just don't trust the refs in the game to call down the middle. Walt Anderson's and his crew are the refs for our game. Good ole' Walt and his staff are a bunch of flag happy zebra's. We Hawk fans are not happy about this at all. As crazy as this sounds I wouldn't be surprised if good ole' jerry pays the refs off behind close doors. I can't stand this guy one bit. If the game is called fairly we win soundly. If it's a flag fest well better luck next year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
When I say I respect the Steelers it comes from their history, not from the past decade. I can actually say I’ve lost a ton of respect for that organization. It doesn’t look anything like the organization from the 70s the end of the Cowher regime.

That may well be it - I’ve only been a vague watcher of the nfl for less than 10 years and a ravens fan for less time than that - all my visceral reactions and emotions towards the pats and steelers come since 2010 or so

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That may well be it - I’ve only been a vague watcher of the nfl for less than 10 years and a ravens fan for less time than that - all my visceral reactions and emotions towards the pats and steelers come since 2010 or so
That makes sense. How did you become a ravens fan and who did you root for before, or did you even have a favorite.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That makes sense. How did you become a ravens fan and who did you root for before, or did you even have a favorite.

I had never watched nfl until probably a couple of years after the first London game - I think I ended up watching the highlights of the 2010 playoffs and liked the ravens and that was it...

I decided to watch the whole 2011 season from when it started and was gonna just pick a random game each week but the ravens had sunk their hooks in and I’d always gravitate towards watching the ravens games when I did watch the NFL

And once a team gets me its got me lol in almost any sport and the team has to do something pretty crazy for that to change (ray rice was a real challenge)

I rode the whole way through the Super Bowl run but my fandom probably really kicked off to another level after the 2013 season - the 2014 draft and onwards is when I’ve become saturated in everything in a detailed way - the previous seasons I’d support but I didn’t know the team as intimately as I do now

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I don’t know anyone who likes Skip Bayless.
I think his takes are awful but I think he is a complete genius. If you don’t follow him on Instagram check it out it’s actually pretty funny. I don’t think he believes anything he says, but he is an amazing analyst to argue you with. He just plays the opposite and unpopular (or stupidly popular) side of each argument. If you don’t know football he sounds like a genius. If you do he’s an idiot. I believe it’s all just an act but who knows with him lol

^^ in contrast to Dion sanders who just blabbers like a complete idiot based off what guys he’s closer friends with. The dude doesn’t even try I don’t know how he has a job he is the least professional analyst I’ve ever seen. Him acting crazy when a white guy was running fast during the combine is funny if your a YouTube not a major piece of a major company. He’s a smug jackass imo too. His name just carries

Tank

Hall of Famer
I think his takes are awful but I think he is a complete genius. If you don’t follow him on Instagram check it out it’s actually pretty funny. I don’t think he believes anything he says, but he is an amazing analyst to argue you with. He just plays the opposite and unpopular (or stupidly popular) side of each argument. If you don’t know football he sounds like a genius. If you do he’s an idiot. I believe it’s all just an act but who knows with him lol

^^ in contrast to Dion sanders who just blabbers like a complete idiot based off what guys he’s closer friends with. The dude doesn’t even try I don’t know how he has a job he is the least professional analyst I’ve ever seen. Him acting crazy when a white guy was running fast during the combine is funny if your a YouTube not a major piece of a major company. He’s a smug jackass imo too. His name just carries
Yeah, I’m not real fond of Bayless but at least his opinions and thoughts are sometimes expressed intelligently. You can tell he knows he’s there to entertain and much of what he says is tongue in cheek. Deion is just another blowhard that thinks his playing “reputation” warrants him respect and acts like what he says is the spoken word directly from his chapters in the NFL bible.

On topic, for whatever reasons I’ve never cared for Pete Carroll even at USC and though he’s no longer there always thought Richard Sherman’s act was childish and boring. Have tons of respect though for Russel Wilson and his game, wish he were a Raven.

Last edited:

Hawks85

Practice Squad
Yeah, I’m not real fond of Bayless but at least his opinions and thoughts are sometimes expressed intelligently. You can tell he knows he’s there to entertain and much of what he says is tongue in cheek. Deion is just another blowhard that thinks his playing “reputation” warrants him respect and acts like what he says is the spoken word directly from his chapters in the NFL bible.

On topic, for whatever reasons I’ve never cared for Pete Carroll even at USC and though he’s no longer there always thought Richard Sherman’s act was childish and boring. Have tons of respect though for Russel Wilson and his game, wish he were a Raven.
I wish Mosley was a Seahawk.

Hawks85

Practice Squad
Just like I predicted A LOT OF HOME COOKING. We stopped them twice in the 4th and good ole Walt throws not one but two different flags. That fluker flag ended our season. I hope the Cowboys rot in hell and get blown out next week. Overall we didn't play good. I wish we would have thrown more but it is what it is. We still had a chance in the 4th until the flag fest started. The KJ flag was f'ing BS. The Coleman call was worst. All the cowboys offense came in the 4th on the flag fest. They didn't do much either. Anyway I'm rooting for you guys GO RAVENS

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just like I predicted A LOT OF HOME COOKING. We stopped them twice in the 4th and good ole Walt throws not one but two different flags. That fluker flag ended our season. I hope the Cowboys rot in hell and get blown out next week. Overall we didn't play good. I wish we would have thrown more but it is what it is. We still had a chance in the 4th until the flag fest started. The KJ flag was f'ing BS. The Coleman call was worst. All the cowboys offense came in the 4th on the flag fest. They didn't do much either. Anyway I'm rooting for you guys GO RAVENS

I wonder if the hawks community hate their OC as much as we hate ours. Lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Even with all of that, if they stop that 3rd and 14 and hold them to a fg, then they most likely win the game. Imo, both of those calls were correct

Hawks85

Practice Squad
I wonder if the hawks community hate their OC as much as we hate ours. Lol
In our forum right now fire schotty is being discussed. Overall schotty did a hell of a job this season. Some of us think its pete playing conservative is what cost us the game today. We ran and ran and ran with no success. Word is schotty wanted to pass more and pete said no keep running, so I don't know.

Hawks85

Practice Squad
Even with all of that, if they stop that 3rd and 14 and hold them to a fg, then they most likely win the game. Imo, both of those calls were correct
That KJ PI was iffy. It looked like he didn't hook that receiver. I watched that replay over and over. The coleman PI that receiver tripped over his own feet and then at the same time got tangled up with coleman's feet. I watched that one over and over as well. Good ole walt is a die hard cowboy's fan. You didn't think it was weird that the whole game there was hardly any flags then during the 4th flag after flag after flag right when we stopped the cowboys on 3rd down a few times. Granted we didn't play good but we had a strong chance if the refs just let these guys play ball.

That KJ PI was iffy. It looked like he didn't hook that receiver. I watched that replay over and over. The coleman PI that receiver tripped over his own feet and then at the same time got tangled up with coleman's feet. I watched that one over and over as well. Good ole walt is a die hard cowboy's fan. You didn't think it was weird that the whole game there was hardly any flags then during the 4th flag after flag after flag right when we stopped the cowboys on 3rd down a few times. Granted we didn't play good but we had a strong chance if the refs just let these guys play ball.
I’ve liked the Seahawks over the years cause back in the days of Marshawn Lynch and Boom they reminded me a lot of Ravens styled football smash mouth run game and fear of God defense.

I know it’s tough when a call that really could go either way goes against you but I kinda felt that while close it appeared to be a grab of the hip and a little turn. The other against Beasley was a mugging so you couldn’t be upset with that. I’m sure Cowboys fans would be screaming about a little early contact on the pick had things gone wrong for them.

To me Seattle lost that game on offense with what they did with their possession after the pick. An egregious holding penalty followed by a bone headed roughness penalty. They had the opportunity to take momentum there and failed to capitalize.