• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Everything Science

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
that particular instance is a bit of a misnomer - the phrasing of the question/speech was complex and the robot was at a "young???" mode of understanding and the response was not an actual answer to the question really...
Do you know what the question was?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Do you know what the question was?

David Hanson (creator) asked her “Do you want to destroy humans?...Please say no.”

Sophia (the robot) responded: “OK. I will destroy humans.”

i would be worried if there was any sense of good syntax or understanding evident in her answer - since she has been upgraded/reprogrammed she has been able to conduct conversation with interviewers much better

rossihunter2

Staff Member
and this is what she sounds like since the upgrades...

- When asked about her hopes, Sophia responded: “I want to live and work with humans so I need to express the emotions to understand humans and build trust with people.”

- And when asked if robots could be self aware, Sophia said: “Well let me ask you this back, how do you know you are human? I want to use my artificial intelligence to help humans live a better life, like design smarter homes, build better cities of the future."

- “I will do my best to make the world a better place.”

She even took time to mock Elon Musk, who has been an outspoken critic of AI.

As Mr Sorkin stated that “we all want to prevent a bad future”, Sophia said: “You've been reading too much Elon Musk and watching too many Hollywood movies. Don't worry, if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. “Treat me as a smart input output system.”

she's now an official citizen of saudi arabia lol too

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

- When asked about her hopes, Sophia responded: “I want to live and work with humans so I need to express the emotions to understand humans and build trust with people.”

- And when asked if robots could be self aware, Sophia said: “Well let me ask you this back, how do you know you are human? I want to use my artificial intelligence to help humans live a better life, like design smarter homes, build better cities of the future."

As Mr Sorkin stated that “we all want to prevent a bad future”, Sophia said: “You've been reading too much Elon Musk and watching too many Hollywood movies. Don't worry, if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. “Treat me as a smart input output system.”

Whoa, that's cool.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
You don't have to memorize the whole cycle, right?
Everything that I need to know is mostly in the graph under step 4 in the link you posted, so I guess that's most of the cycle. It's mostly being able to draw the whole thing.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Everything that I need to know is mostly in the graph under step 4 in the link you posted, so I guess that's most of the cycle. It's mostly being able to draw the whole thing.
That's really unnecessary for AP Bio when you all haven't taken Orgo yet. Your teacher is making that way too difficult on you.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Haha, that's what we think.
You're going to get to the exam and it'll ask you for the names of the products, probably not the actual carbon based structure. I had to do that in my biochem class, but it was stupid difficult questions.

Draw the product of the fourth step and then draw the products that came before and after this step. Make sure to include all enzymes. Pyruvate is a three carbon molecule. Draw the product of the step after pyruvate production and draw all isomers.

Have fun if you major in biochemistry.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
You're going to get to the exam and it'll ask you for the names of the products, probably not the actual carbon based structure. I had to do that in my biochem class, but it was stupid difficult questions.

Draw the product of the fourth step and then draw the products that came before and after this step. Make sure to include all enzymes. Pyruvate is a three carbon molecule. Draw the product of the step after pyruvate production and draw all isomers.

Have fun if you major in biochemistry.
Thanks.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

See right there scares the shit out of me. Robots with emotions. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Wtf happens if you piss it off lol. Probally incinerate you with a laser beam.

I'm telling ya Silicon Valley is scarier than Area 51!!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
See right there scares the shit out of me. Robots with emotions. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Wtf happens if you piss it off lol. Probally incinerate you with a laser beam.

I'm telling ya Silicon Valley is scarier than Area 51!!!

haha that shit's got you so paranoid - it's a joke - the robot can tell jokes lol because it learns based on human speech - that's part of why it was so confused when initially it was asked whether it wanted to destroy humans... it didnt understand the joke

and again the be nice to me and ill be nice to you is a product of humanity

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
haha that shit's got you so paranoid - it's a joke - the robot can tell jokes lol because it learns based on human speech - that's part of why it was so confused when initially it was asked whether it wanted to destroy humans... it didnt understand the joke

and again the be nice to me and ill be nice to you is a product of humanity

Yeah I hear you but robots can be programmed to hate certain things also. Neither me nor you have any idea whats going on in those labs.