• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Wild Card LA Chargers @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m trying to understand : for the Put Flacco in people

1) do you really think he’s going to lead a comeback down 13 with 6:29 left ?
2) or you just want to see him throw some garbage passes and take a sack behind this oline.
3) this let him play his last game nonsense does nothing for the future, Need him healthy for a trade.
I thought he should have been put in earlier. At this point though, our season is over. If Flacco throws some nice passes we can get more in a trade.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

2) or you just want to see him throw some garbage passes and take a sack behind this oline.
3) this let him play his last game nonsense does nothing for the future, Need him healthy for a trade.
We wanted him in the 3rd quarter. Now it’s too fuckin late.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Throwing a touchdown when down three or more scores in the late 4th quarter is the fucking definition of garbage time.

Unless you are Tom Brady
Starters are still in on both sides. Doesn’t seem like garbage time to me

It's not even about Flacco vs Lamar. It's about we still had enough time and needed a change to try and catch up or take the lead. But they kept doing same thing.

WHo cares if Harbaugh took out Lamar it's about winning isn't it? Whos to say Flacco would of gave us the W or played worse? The whole point is we havent made it for what 4 or 5 years? Why not try to win?

To be fair, I think all the Flacco calls began a lot earlier than this. People wanted him to start the half and some called for him earlier than that.
Now, I kind of want to see him for old times sake, but I can only speak for myself.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I’m pissed. Lamar has showed ZERO ability to rely on his passing in this game.

Forget the score, forget the failures of the offensive line - losing this game isn’t all on Lamar.

But Lamar has shown that at least right now that he’s a shit passer when he doesn’t have the threat of a dynamic running game backing him up.

I was starting to get a little excited watching him the last few weeks but tbh most of his success passing was throws down the middle over linebackers who were busy containing the threat of the run. The Chargers exposed our running game and Lamar showed he doesn’t have anything else going for him as a passer right now. And now we have to PRAY that he becomes a better passsr over the offseason or we are ducking screwed.
To be fair, that's a completely legitimate concept to use in our offence because teams will have to respect his running lanes as long as he can run as well as he can. The way I see it the problem is more that he just has work to do as a passer and he can't seem to carry a team with any kind of volume. But going forward if he ever develops into a quality QB, the threat of the run will be a huge asset for him - especially if we can get some shifty WRs who can cash in on a LB hesitating for half a second while they make a decision.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.