• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

All pro teams

rossihunter2

Staff Member
DwFxdyYVAAAcIXB.jpg:large

a bit disappointed that Nelson beat out Yanda for the 1st team all-pro but still a pretty big deal

some weird picks all over the all-pro but nothing inarguable like in the pro bowl voting:

here's the 1st team:
DwFTW-wX4AAjQ0N.jpg:large

and here's the second team:
DwFd_0eV4AA3vsd.jpg

EDIT: thanks @cdp for finding the 2nd team pic

Last edited:

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why is Joe Flacco not on this list? What an insult!

Seems like a lot of Indy fans based off this list. Two Indy rookies making the first team? They’re good no doubt but you can definitely argue those picks.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting that 2 rookies made 1st team defense
It’s also interesting that Derwin James was so good he ended up on both teams the first and second teams according to this list. That may be a first in NFL history.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s also interesting that Derwin James was so good he ended up on both teams the first and second teams according to this list. That may be a first in NFL history.

Oh he's that damn good. He's like 2 people out there. Him and JJ both.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not a fan of players getting multiple nominations. Hill flex 1st then wr on 2nd team, Miller 2nd team edge and lb.
Here's the 2nd team all pro pic:
DwFd_0fVAAAYBok.jpg
DwFd_0eV4AA3vsd.jpg

Last edited:

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll never get over us not taking Eddie Jackson
I know right? Of all Alabama players we pass on it was him? I didn’t get it. He was a guy almost everyone here liked too. It’s like we didn’t even know he was draft-eligible.

Oh he's that damn good. He's like 2 people out there. Him and JJ both.
So he’s Barry Church?

did khalil mack not make both the 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB first team all-pro spots one year? did he do it as a rookie?
I don’t know. I normally don’t look at these things tbh. First time I ever did lol. I thought it was a mistake.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not a fan of players getting multiple nominations. Hill flex 1st then wr on 2nd team, Miller 2nd team edge and lb.

not sure why desmond king is on there at all as a db tbh... he's a good returner but as a DB there's no way he should be on that list ahead of Xavien Howard, Marlon Humphrey, Jamal Adams, Harrison Smith, Tre'davious White, Byron Jones, Kevin Byard

also am i crazy... have stephon gilmore and kyle fuller really played that well - because at the moment im pretty sure id take the 2nd team secondary over the first team secondary...

Jones, Howard, Adams, Smith, James vs Fuller, Gillmore, James, Jackson, King...

I think Eddie Jackson is the only one I'd regret missing out on vs their 2nd team all-pro equivalents

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why is Joe Flacco not on this list? What an insult!

Seems like a lot of Indy fans based off this list. Two Indy rookies making the first team? They’re good no doubt but you can definitely argue those picks.

both those rookies deserve to be there...

Leonard vs Vander-Esch vs Mosley I imagine was the last LB spot on the first team

and Zach Martin probably should have been the 2nd team all-pro this year in stead of Yanda and Yanda should have been the number 1 just based off this season tbh... but Quenton Nelson absolutely deserves to be there...

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
both those rookies deserve to be there...

Leonard vs Vander-Esch vs Mosley I imagine was the last LB spot on the first team

and Zach Martin probably should have been the 2nd team all-pro this year in stead of Yanda and Yanda should have been the number 1 just based off this season tbh... but Quenton Nelson absolutely deserves to be there...
I think they’re all debatable because Nelson has his struggles as well this year. This is coming from a very big fan of his and someone who watched his games because my friend is unfortunately a Colts fan (from Indy). Leonard was great but I don’t know about him being first team. Then again, I guess that just speaks to the position more than him. I just find it debatable.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think they’re all debatable because Nelson has his struggles as well this year. This is coming from a very big fan of his and someone who watched his games because my friend is unfortunately a Colts fan (from Indy). Leonard was great but I don’t know about him being first team. Then again, I guess that just speaks to the position more than him. I just find it debatable.

Leonard's where I'd debate also but it's hard to argue against him getting that spot too because of the playmaking he's done for that defence

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know right? Of all Alabama players we pass on it was him? I didn’t get it. He was a guy almost everyone here liked too. It’s like we didn’t even know he was draft-eligible.
also am i crazy... have stephon gilmore and kyle fuller really played that well - because at the moment im pretty sure id take the 2nd team secondary over the first team secondary...

I think Eddie Jackson is the only one I'd regret missing out on vs their 2nd team all-pro equivalents
IIRC Eddie Jackson had a serious injury, but it wasn't ACL or meniscus realted i.e. lose explosiveness and agility, I wanted us to draft him badly.
Gilmore played great when I watched the Patriots and according to pff he's the highest ranked corner.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
DwFxdyYVAAAcIXB.jpg:large

a bit disappointed that Nelson beat out Yanda for the 1st team all-pro but still a pretty big deal

some weird picks all over the all-pro but nothing inarguable like in the pro bowl voting:

here's the 1st team:
DwFTW-wX4AAjQ0N.jpg:large

and here's the second team:
DwFd_0eV4AA3vsd.jpg

EDIT: thanks @cdp for finding the 2nd team pic
2nd team

Drew Brees, New England.

Whoever wrote this up didn’t edit

rossihunter2

Staff Member
IIRC Eddie Jackson had a serious injury, but it wasn't ACL or meniscus realted i.e. lose explosiveness and agility, I wanted us to draft him badly.
Gilmore played great when I watched the Patriots and according to pff he's the highest ranked corner.

He's been good but I wouldn't say he's been the best in the league...
Humphrey and Howard and probably Tre'davious White have all been better... so has desmond king too tbh and Richard Sherman and then I think you could argue about Kareem Jackson and Chris Harris Jr,