• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hey Harbaugh...

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So I was planning on leaving anyways. Since I've been constantly accused of patronizing. But as this is the week before my departure I'd figure going out with a UrinatingTree style bang.

Harbaugh. You useless sack of shit. How dare you call yourself a head coach. It's become very apparent that YOU have been the problem. I make fun of Tomlin but you're honestly just as bad. You're a cheerleader. Your heart of lions BS has cost us dearly with this crap. What team is going to trade for you now? Your nonsensical form of management. Forcing this idiotic FO to stick with bums like Hurst and Skura, and fooling half of the fanbase into thinking that they are competent options. Year after year, this team is undisciplined, and because you constantly insist on playing your guys, you have cost Joe Flacco his prime, and probably shot the confidence of the young QB. Your inability to play rookies over your veteran boys. Your unwillingness to give up on certain things. And the insane amount of loyalty toward idiots like Cam Cameron, Dean Pees, and Marty. How about your inability to manage a game clock. How about constantly playing not to lose instead of to win.

Speaking of Marty, sure you may be an upgrade over Marc Trestman, but you are still terrible. Sure, Harbaugh limits you by keeping his guys in the game like Skura and Hurst, but no matter. Your situational football is amongst the worst in the fucking league. You have cost us at least 6 games with your horrific playcalling the past 2 seasons. That's the difference betweeen playoffs and no playoffs. It doesn't matter who the QB has been, the offense has been one dimensional in some way for the past two years. Thanks to your horrific BS Lamar's development might be an utter lost cause. At least Todd Haley fielded a good offense up in fucking Pittsburgh. You haven't.

Wink.. I have nothing bad to say. You're a good DC, I just think you're horribly misfired and that our defense is better suited for a 4-3. I hope you get a coaching job somewhere else or stay with us.

I don't want to hear, "Harbaugh is a good coach, good coaches are hard to find". This year proved the opposite. Poor oline play, lack of discipline, loyalty to utter lost causes. This has proved that Harbaugh utterly sucks. Outside of the Chargers two games ago when was the last time we beat a good team? When was the last time we showed up? This team has a tendency for settling for mediocrity. IT STARTS WITH HIM. Harbaugh is a fucking cheerleader. Sure he seems like a likable guy but too many instances where a simple coaching adjustment would have given us a better chance to win.

Thanks for the super bowl Harbaugh.. But it's time for you to fuck off. Take Marty and Bobby Engram with you. If we do not fire him this will show ineptitude by the front office. We have been outcoached far too many times the past four seasons. We have beaten ONE good team in the past four years. I don't care if we have the "heart of lions". I'd rather have the heart of CHAMPIONS. Where is the killer instinct? Where is the urgency in two minute drills? Where is the consistent discipline?

We know where the problem is. GET RID OF IT. SHUT IT DOWN. GET LAMAR A REAL OC SO HE CAN DEVELOP.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I really wish I could disagree with this, but in my honest opinion, just as you believe, I believe John is the problem. Not necessarily for the things he does directly, but the things he doesn't. Like you said, he is too willing to stick with options that don't work over clearly better ones for an unknown reason. For me, it's confusing. Why does John want to keep Marty? He can't see that and think he's doing a good job. Why does he want Hurst and Sakura out there, he can't see that and think that's acceptable. I just don't understand. The players love him and so I really value that, but the man is holding the team back.

Reactions: A1A

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dude, you need to quit worrying about people “complaining about you patronizing”

Damn, like 2 whole people do that probably. Most people don’t have any problem with you dog...

Reactions: A1A

A1A

Veteran
Damn I wish I read up on some threads before I posted my long ass rant. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this. I can tell your a long time devoted fan. I was so excited when Harbaugh was on his way out around week 9. Eric Bieniemy should be at the castle right now! Smh u should have heard me I was so happy talking with my buddies. We were so close to getting past this era. I've actually fallen back from caring what this team does even watching them play cause I already know the outcome. Of course I was rooting for them during this little run but to watch this pos coach do it again to me and the rest of us was heart wrenching. It's crazy how people forget so quickly. Be prepared for the same old chit next year. Again Eric Bieniemy would have been great here. Heisman finalist, ex player with a pretty long career, student under the best, brought up superstars at every position and is working with a young super star QB as we speak. Perfect coach for us. I had my eye on him all year and now it looks like hes going to be a Bengal.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Dude, you need to quit worrying about people “complaining about you patronizing”

Damn, like 2 whole people do that probably. Most people don’t have any problem with you dog...
One people did that once when it was fully deserved. Don't see what the big fucking issue is.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Congratulation Harbaugh. You made the obvious decision that should’ve been done two years ago. Surely your genius knows no bounds. Now the life of our young gun QB might actually be saved for once. bUt mArty Is crUcIAl fOr lAmArs dEvElOpmEnt. Yeah no. The crappy situational football, the horrible misuse of personnel at times, the fact that Marty at times was your puppet.... admit it Harbaugh. DeCosta forced you into this one. A good start to Eric’s tenure as a GM for sure but it’s time to see who was really at fault for this team’s downfall.

Thanks for the shitty situational football and one dimensional offenses Marty. You won’t be missed

A1A

Veteran
I laughed out loud when I read that Harbs made the decision to promote Roman...sure he did.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I laughed out loud when I read that Harbs made the decision to promote Roman...sure he did.
Yeah, everyone knew if the switch was going to be made it wouldn’t be Harbaugh decision.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love our guys, I love our owner, I love god, I love america, I love this organization

Steve B '' Heres another 5 year contract just because you said that''.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love our guys, I love our owner, I love god, I love america, I love this organization

Steve B '' Heres another 5 year contract just because you said that''.
Ok ok this is actually kinda funny lol

A1A

Veteran
Harbaugh has been signed to an extension..Its a sad day. Makes u think tho, I mean he's obviously not a good a coach at all. Why doesnt the FO see that? I think it's more about the clean cut, always says the right thing, political mumbo jumbo, rather than winning games. I always laugh at how coach always praises the military etc. as if it's his decision when the NFL charges them money to promote. I believe that's what it's all about. He does whatever hes told. Remember his rant about building the wall?? Smh can anyone show one time just one time where he said NO I'm taking this into my own hands and I'm calling this play or that play?? He always just stands there waiting to yell at one of his players for having too much fun. Never challenges anything that he would win EVER! And always gives up before halftime. Well boys and girls we'll be at best 8-8 next year and maybe fire him but I dont think so after this. He'll be fired after the 2020 season and Lamar will be an after thought. Its amazing he was about to be fired and now gets an extension for absolutely nothing he had to do with.

A1A

Veteran
Also if by any chance we do fire his arse next season all the hot coaches will have options because there will be many more openings than there was this year. We'll probably get passed on. I'm blown.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also if by any chance we do fire his arse next season all the hot coaches will have options because there will be many more openings than there was this year. We'll probably get passed on. I'm blown.

a 3rd of the league had HC openings - there's normally a fair few but i dont think there's ever been more than 8 so i dont think there will is likely to be as many as this year let alone more

only maybe the jags HC will start the year on the hot-seat

and in terms of attractiveness there wont be many more attractive spots than here based on various factors

A1A

Veteran
Redskins(Rookie QB and will get over paid)
Jaguars(Same situation as above)
Steelers....no comment
Carolina & Cowboys (both are very attractive)
And of course the usual ones Buffalo, SF, Giants, and perhaps even KC. The chiefs could easily just promote my guy Eric Bieniemy.
Theres also the Seahawks I doubt it tho but I wouldnt be surprised if Carroll stepped down.

A1A

Veteran
We wouldn't have anything to lure a coach here other than being known as a solid organization. I've been saying it since week 8 this was our best chance at getting out of this funk. I'm tired yall and yea it was fun winning the AFCN but do u remember losing to CLE earlier in the year?? Dont be fooled that's us with Harbaugh leading. What have you seen different the past 6 years?? I literally stopped watching the past 2 seasons and as soon as Lamar started I was reeled back in.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Redskins(Rookie QB and will get over paid)
Jaguars(Same situation as above)
Steelers....no comment
Carolina & Cowboys (both are very attractive)
And of course the usual ones Buffalo, SF, Giants, and perhaps even KC. The chiefs could easily just promote my guy Eric Bieniemy.
Theres also the Seahawks I doubt it tho but I wouldnt be surprised if Carroll stepped down.

but why are these guys getting rid of their HCs?

i could maybe see the redskins thought it seems unlikely
the jags fair enough that entire building should be on the hot seat
steelers wont fire tomlin next year if they didnt fire him after the dumpster fire of this year both on and off the field
carolina could be... but would require a season go a similar way to the way this one went... no way i see garrett gone after their playoff win this year
buffalo are improving with a young qb and a good HC, no way 49ers get rid of shanahan, giants would be firing a guy in year 2 which seems crazy, and no way are KC getting rid of andy reid...
and pete carroll was on the hot seat before the season because his message seemed to be tiring - but screw that he tore up those hot takes and threw them on a bonfire with how that team performed

A1A

Veteran
I was insinuating that Andy retires.
The cowboy fan base has been hard on Garret for the past 3 years+ so yes if they miss the playoffs hes gone! That's why they fired Linihan(scapegoat)
Tomlin is pretty much gone dude where u been?
And the Redskins were about to fire Gruden this year one more ugly season heck if they miss the playoffs hes gone. Not attacking u but u obviously havent been paying attention to these teams.

Last edited:

A1A

Veteran
Oh and Carolina had to come out and say Riviera wasnt going to be fired after this season because his seat was flaming. So yea he has 1 foot out the door just like in Jacksonville.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was insinuating that Andy retires.
The cowboy fan base has been hard on Garret for the past 3 years+ so yes if they miss the playoffs hes gone!
Tomlin is pretty much gone dude where u been?
And the Redskins were about to fire Gruden this year one more ugly season heck if they miss the playoffs hes gone. Not attacking u but u obviously havent been paying attention to these teams.

Did you watch Teppers end of season statement Rivera won't be fired soon. They're even thinking of sitting Newton for a season.
Shurmur has done great job with the giants so far and the vikings offense was a joke after he left.
The Steelers history and their owner don't suggest they will fire Tomlin.