• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Hey Harbaugh...

A1A

Veteran
i dont feel attacked at all, but ive most definitely been paying attention to these teams and specifically how they've been run and how their seasons have gone...

• No way Andy Reid retires after only year 3 of Pat Mahomes's career - he's just landed the motherlode at qb on a cheap contract and the offensive weapons to create one of the most unstoppable offences ever seen in football - no way he walks away from that after only 2 years of Mahomes starting even if they win back to back superbowls - and age isnt an issue he's younger than pete carroll, bill belichick, bruce arians, mike zimmer at least
  • Garrett is and has been Jerry's boy since forever and has borne far more criticism before from cowboys fans in far worse seasons - yet a playoff win and suddenly he's on the hot seat? That makes no sense to me when he has maybe the best relationship with an owner that any coach in the league has...
  • Tomlin is not nearly gone - he survived the most tumultuous season ive seen a head coach have with a locker room falling apart around him, the loss of control of that locker room dynamic as well as specific players deciding not to play for his team and add to that his team missing the playoffs basically because of a loss to the raiders - there's absolutely no way that if he survives the end of this year which he has done that he wont survive the next season given the way the steelers go about coaching changes (i.e. they dont)
  • I've seen absolutely no reports that Gruden is under fire right now - in fact the alex smith injury basically guarantees he's around until the next CBA because of that smith contract they are hamstrung by the injury guarantees in his contract so trying to rebuild and start again is counter-productive - add to that the fact that even with alex smith playing poorly the redskins were running away with the NFC East and looked strong enough to compete even with Colt Mccoy at qb until he also got on I/R
so respectfully id be very surprised to see 8 HC openings next year as you're suggesting

some of the above may turn out and maybe there's another 1 and done HC like steve wilks (although there's no obvious candidate for that so far) and maybe someone like matt patricia doesnt get a 3rd year - but even then i dont see how you get to 8 HC vacancies next offseason

ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys will not extend coach Jason Garrett's contract heading into the final year of his deal in 2019.

You were saying...

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
ESPN's Todd Archer reports the Cowboys will not extend coach Jason Garrett's contract heading into the final year of his deal in 2019.

You were saying...

He is not being extended right now but after they once again make the playoffs and lose Jerry will see that as a sign of success and extend him because firing Garrett makes Jerry look bad and Jerry cares about Jerry. He is like if TO was a football owner.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
That pathetic display of a super bowl pissed me off. There’s no doubt in my mind that if we could’ve run the ball somewhat effectively in the first half of the year that we’d have gotten a bye week and there’s also a solid chance that we come out of this as super bowl victors. With how pathetic the game planning was for the rams and how dominant the defense turned out to be there’s no doubt in my mind we would’ve kicked their asses.

But nope. Harbaugh had to start his guys. He had to vouch for Skura at C which damn near singlehandedly killed the run game. Bozeman had issues in pass protection yes, but got better every game and oh yeah.... HE COULD ANCHOR DAMNIT. Sit the young buck talent at RT in favor of a fucking traffic cone in run blocking. I don’t want to hear any excuses, that move was inexcusable. Hell you could’ve put Hurst in as a LG, a position he was massively overrated in by the fan base but that would’ve been better.

It’s not just Marty. Marty was incompetent but at the end of the day the starting lineup was Harbaugh’s call. The line may have taken a hit in pass protection but it would’ve been more balanced, kept the defense fresh, and we wouldn’t have had to rely on a gimmick to end the season.

This is just another example to me. Ozzie has been fine. Harbaugh is fucking useless.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I legitimately wonder, wouldn't the OC (and DC for the D) be the ones controlling who starts? I mean ya exceptions exist such as QB, or when fumbles occur by a RB, but I would assume as the OC is building the game plan he would be the one deciding who he needs to start.

Maybe I'm just thinking of it wrong but that logic makes sense to me.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I legitimately wonder, wouldn't the OC (and DC for the D) be the ones controlling who starts? I mean ya exceptions exist such as QB, or when funbles occur by a RB, but I would assume as the OC is building the game plan he would be the one deciding who he needs to start.

Maybe I'm just thinking of it wrong but that logic makes sense to me.
In most cases this is true, but the HC has final say.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hey Harbaugh! Isn't it funny that a month after he was fired Marty STILL hasn't found a team. I mean Pees found a team for god's sake.

You know why he hasn't found a team. Say it with me now. BECAUSE HE'S TERRIBLE.

He hasn't even found a JOB.

Get the message. Decosta isn't going to tolerate you hiring your Harbuddies anymore. Get us real fucking coaches.

And get rid of Engram too. Now good Hurst is going to be a bust.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hey Harbaugh! Isn't it funny that a month after he was fired Marty STILL hasn't found a team. I mean Pees found a team for god's sake.

You know why he hasn't found a team. Say it with me now. BECAUSE HE'S TERRIBLE.

He hasn't even found a JOB.

Get the message. Decosta isn't going to tolerate you hiring your Harbuddies anymore. Get us real fucking coaches.

And get rid of Engram too. Now good Hurst is going to be a bust.
Going on two months now

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

You were saying...

Plot Twist: we trade harbs to the cowboys for a 1st.
Sign Sean payton

Last edited: