• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Whom Are You Rooting For?

Who ya got

• Patriots

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Chargers

• Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Rams

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Cowboys

• Eagles

• Total voters

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I hate both of these teams, but this is going to be a hell of a game. The young, and up and coming offensive genius is going against the greatest defensive mind the game has ever seen.

This is probably the best coaching matchup we've had in years, as Bellicheck usually doesn't go against people who are as smart as he is. McVay may very well be his generation's Bellicheck.

On paper the matchup is easy. In theory the rams should blow them out. Goff is a top 10 QB, Gurley is a stud, the oline makes Gurley all the more potent, the weapons are good, some are underrated, and there's good talent scattered across the board on the defense, including the best defensive lineman in the game. Ontop of that you have a genius offensive mind and damn good hall of fame caliber defensive coordinator to boot.

Here's the thing. The Patriots surpass them in intelligence. Tom Brady is a coach on the field, McDaniels has schemed his way against some of the best defenses, and Bill needs no introduction. The man's track record speaks for itself. This isn't the first time he's gone against an elite offense, and if Brady doesn't decline and does stay, it probably won't be his last. Patriots play as a team. They overcome their weaknesses through good coaching and coming together at the right moment. On top of this, they're battle hardened.

If you're just looking on paper the Rams should kick their asses as they're more talented across the board. Donald is supposedly too much of a threat to Brady, and NE can't contain their offense. Here's the thing: the Chiefs and Chargers were more talented on paper too, and the Patriots decimated the Chargers and beat the Chiefs, who for my money had a better offense than the Rams, and Andy Reid is every bit the offensive mind that McVay is.

The Rams aren't even the best offense the Patriots have played in the postseason and they aren't the best defense either. Donald is better than any defensive talent they have faced, but they haven't faced scrubs either.

This game is going to be close. And I think the Patriots win... Much to my dismay. The Rams defense is horrifically overrated and lacks depth, and while Aaron Donald is a one man wrecking crew, the Patriots have more or less neutralized two good front sevens in the postseason, all while picking apart a better secondary in the Chargers. Sony Michel has been a revelation for them as well. The Rams offense is potent and is going to make this a game, but in the end I am going to have to take the seasoned veteran team here.

Fuck this league

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate both of these teams, but this is going to be a hell of a game. The young, and up and coming offensive genius is going against the greatest defensive mind the game has ever seen.

This is probably the best coaching matchup we've had in years, as Bellicheck usually doesn't go against people who are as smart as he is. McVay may very well be his generation's Bellicheck.

On paper the matchup is easy. In theory the rams should blow them out. Goff is a top 10 QB, Gurley is a stud, the oline makes Gurley all the more potent, the weapons are good, some are underrated, and there's good talent scattered across the board on the defense, including the best defensive lineman in the game. Ontop of that you have a genius offensive mind and damn good hall of fame caliber defensive coordinator to boot.

Here's the thing. The Patriots surpass them in intelligence. Tom Brady is a coach on the field, McDaniels has schemed his way against some of the best defenses, and Bill needs no introduction. The man's track record speaks for itself. This isn't the first time he's gone against an elite offense, and if Brady doesn't decline and does stay, it probably won't be his last. Patriots play as a team. They overcome their weaknesses through good coaching and coming together at the right moment. On top of this, they're battle hardened.

If you're just looking on paper the Rams should kick their asses as they're more talented across the board. Donald is supposedly too much of a threat to Brady, and NE can't contain their offense. Here's the thing: the Chiefs and Chargers were more talented on paper too, and the Patriots decimated the Chargers and beat the Chiefs, who for my money had a better offense than the Rams, and Andy Reid is every bit the offensive mind that McVay is.

The Rams aren't even the best offense the Patriots have played in the postseason and they aren't the best defense either. Donald is better than any defensive talent they have faced, but they haven't faced scrubs either.

This game is going to be close. And I think the Patriots win... Much to my dismay. The Rams defense is horrifically overrated and lacks depth, and while Aaron Donald is a one man wrecking crew, the Patriots have more or less neutralized two good front sevens in the postseason, all while picking apart a better secondary in the Chargers. Sony Michel has been a revelation for them as well. The Rams offense is potent and is going to make this a game, but in the end I am going to have to take the seasoned veteran team here.

Fuck this league
Once again way too long to read, so I read like the first two paragraphs (my brain hurts)

On paper this matchup isn’t easy, idk what you’re smoking.

Anyway, the pats are coming into the game playing better, and I think they win handily.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Once again way too long to read, so I read like the first two paragraphs (my brain hurts)

On paper this matchup isn’t easy, idk what you’re smoking.

Anyway, the pats are coming into the game playing better, and I think they win handily.

For the Rams to win, Donald is going to have to play OUT OF HIS MIND. Just seeing how the Pats have been playing and what took place for the Rams to get there... the Pats should carve the Rams defense up and win easily.

That said, nothing is going the way I planned so Rams probably win by 10.