• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Golden Tate would be a good pick up. Him, Adam Humphries, Crowder, or Moncrief could be good as a replacement to Brown if we lose him.
Jay Gruden has mentioned that Crowder will be a priority in the offseason.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Gang, let's make sure Harbaugh and prospective staff to assist him can get the job done in 2019. After all, I believe 2018 was our first playoff appearance in 5 years. With Ozzie out, our upcoming draft has to also look good, as well as Jackson progressing as a passer. Sure, it is easier said than done.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Gang, let's make sure Harbaugh and prospective staff to assist him can get the job done in 2019. After all, I believe 2018 was our first playoff appearance in 5 years. With Ozzie out, our upcoming draft has to also look good, as well as Jackson progressing as a passer. Sure, it is easier said than done.

We made it in 2014 and lost with a practice squad secondary to the Pats... the eventual champs, we had down 14 twice. That game still makes me sick.

Truth be told, the past few drafts have actually looked pretty good. No true game changers, but solid guys.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We made it in 2014 and lost with a practice squad secondary to the Pats... the eventual champs, we had down 14 twice. That game still makes me sick.

Truth be told, the past few drafts have actually looked pretty good. No true game changers, but solid guys.
The bolded phrase is the very reason why our ceiling is 10-6. Lamar could be a game changer, but his passing must improve just to force defenses to respect the pass. While the Gus Bus and Dixon have been very complimentary to Lamar in the running game, I don't see game-changer in either of them. Either of our TEs could have that distinguished title with continued development. Since M***y is gone, I'd like to see these guys be more utilized in the RZ (i.e. fade routes).

While Peanut (needs to be re-signed) has made some game-changing plays including the one against the Chargers, round one, I'm not sure he can do on a consistent basis. Barring injuries, Humph seems to be the man now. As with every season nowadays, we're not in the position to make the most competitive bids for the premier FAs, but I hope we can nail the first round with a playmaker if it isn't a G/C.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
The bolded phrase is the very reason why our ceiling is 10-6. Lamar could be a game changer, but his passing must improve just to force defenses to respect the pass. While the Gus Bus and Dixon have been very complimentary to Lamar in the running game, I don't see game-changer in either of them. Either of our TEs could have that distinguished title with continued development. Since M***y is gone, I'd like to see these guys be more utilized in the RZ (i.e. fade routes).

While Peanut (needs to be re-signed) has made some game-changing plays including the one against the Chargers, round one, I'm not sure he can do on a consistent basis. Barring injuries, Humph seems to be the man now. As with every season nowadays, we're not in the position to make the most competitive bids for the premier FAs, but I hope we can nail the first round with a playmaker if it isn't a G/C.

I agree, we do NOT have a PLAYMAKER besides Jackson and those he gets the ball to like Brown and Snead that is why we need the OC to establish a formidable offense. To me, everything depends on Lamar Jackson progressing as a passer.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I understand why you are using Landry, but I’m having a very hard time looking at him every time I see your post....lol

Everyone on this board understands why....lol

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I understand why you are using Landry, but I’m having a very hard time looking at him every time I see your post....lol

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

Or really pisses you off until you kill yourself. Either one

BaltRavens

Practice Squad

Dude, I ducked Russell's because of dumb moderators and a passive/dismissive admin. who refused to protect a poster when he/she was personally attacked for no reason when discussing the NFL and the Ravens. I have an all-military lineage and was once recruited by the government to undercover work, but have a career in LP now. So I like my fellow Ravens fans and am looking forward to the 2019 season. P.S. I hope Brees get another Super Bowl ring this year. Pom-poms are up for the Saints and him.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing to look forward to is our defense getting some more talent. Despite our really high ranking as a unit, only our CBs are a stud group (Humphrey, Smith, Young, and Carr are all top twenty at their position). We had safeties that couldn't cover that well besides possibly Levine, our D-line is Pierce, a hurt Henry, and then some rotational pieces, Suggs slowing a bit with age, Mosely is pretty good but not among the elite, and ZDS was only really good at getting inside pressure. Good as a unit, but not many standout players. A true free safety and another pass rusher (interior or exterior) could turn this into easily the best defense in the league. The type that keeps teams to under ten in most games.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Dude, I ducked Russell's because of dumb moderators and a passive/dismissive admin. who refused to protect a poster when he/she was personally attacked for no reason when discussing the NFL and the Ravens. I have an all-military lineage and was once recruited by the government to undercover work, but have a career in LP now. So I like my fellow Ravens fans and am looking forward to the 2019 season. P.S. I hope Brees get another Super Bowl ring this year. Pom-poms are up for the Saints and him.
You do know that I was joking with you. I am serious though when I say I respect Tom Landry, but damn I can’t stand the cowboys, soooooo

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing to look forward to is our defense getting some more talent. Despite our really high ranking as a unit, only our CBs are a stud group (Humphrey, Smith, Austin, and Carr are all top twenty at their position). We had safeties that couldn't cover that well besides possibly Levine, our D-line is Pierce, a hurt Henry, and then some rotational pieces, Suggs slowing a bit with age, Mosely is pretty good but not among the elite, and ZDS was only really good at getting inside pressure. Good as a unit, but not many standout players. A true free safety and another pass rusher (interior or exterior) could turn this into easily the best defense in the league. The type that keeps teams to under ten in most games.
Austin definitely threw me off

A1A

Veteran

My man Peanut did it TWICE to the chargers..that's my new favorite player. He's the definition of a Raven. #UndraftedPlaymaker.