• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Offseason Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really don't want Crabtree back. Out of that trio, Snead is the most important for Lamar's development. Crabtree's drops are only hurting Lamar's confidence as a passer. Maybe we'll make a splash trade like we did for Boldin. A durable vet that catches everything in sight.

Oh, trust me, I don't want Crabhands back either, but there may not be any better options out there in FA and, to be fair, Crabs did catch the ball better after the first Browns game (he still had some drops, but not as many after that). If we can't find a better option in FA or work out a trade then we might as well keep him for another year and hope that he continues to play like he did in the second half of the season.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Done deal.

We have reached a new four-year contract with Head Coach John Harbaugh.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh, trust me, I don't want Crabhands back either, but there may not be any better options out there in FA and, to be fair, Crabs did catch the ball better after the first Browns game (he still had some drops, but not as many after that). If we can't find a better option in FA or work out a trade then we might as well keep him for another year and hope that he continues to play like he did in the second half of the season.
Yeah, especially when we're likely to lose Brown as well. We can't go into the season with Snead, Moore, Lasley, and a drafted guy as our top WRs. Things may look better if Scott has a strong off season, but that's still pretty bad. I'd only drop Crabs if we managed to grab a pair of decent guys, like two of Tate, Tyrell Williams, and Rishard Matthews. Otherwise, just keep Crabtree, let him compete with younger Wrs and if someone does step up to take his spot we can drop him during one of the roster cuts.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Steve basically said Harbs has Lamar's whole rookie contract to be a winning head coach and get another Super Bowl.

The 4 year extension ends in 2022, which would be the year Lamar's fifth year option kicks in. This extension ties Harbaugh & Lamar together for the future. So if we miss the playoffs more, Harbs is gone and so is Lamar. Allowing us to get the new Head Coach paired up with a new QB who fits that coach.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah, especially when we're likely to lose Brown as well. We can't go into the season with Snead, Moore, Lasley, and a drafted guy as our top WRs. Things may look better if Scott has a strong off season, but that's still pretty bad. I'd only drop Crabs if we managed to grab a pair of decent guys, like two of Tate, Tyrell Williams, and Rishard Matthews. Otherwise, just keep Crabtree, let him compete with younger Wrs and if someone does step up to take his spot we can drop him during one of the roster cuts.
Hakeem butler fam

Or kelvin harmon

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Oh, I'd love it if we got Harmon or Samuel in the first. Then I'd feel a lot more comfortable letting Crabs go. I think we'd still need a FA WR though.
34.jpg

Who are you??

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Yeah, finally decided to get an avatar again after the board got all messed up for a bit. Thought about using the old one, but figured it could be a good time to change it up a bit.
Not gonna lie, I thought you were a male when you had the avi with the guy with the mustache and gray hair.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think Greg is going to run the ball w/ the RB from under center using traditional pro-set run formations (I-Form, Power/Offset I, Double/Triple TE etc). There's going to be some power football going on. There will be complementary passing game with West Coast Offense rhythm drop back concepts. (We're definitely gonna see some Spider-2 Y-Banana type of concepts). Lamar is going to have to work from under center it won't just be pistol/shotgun. But the reads will be more clearly defined. I think the discipline and structure of rhythm 3-5-7 step drop back passing will help Lamar's consistency.

Roman's offenses in SF and Buffalo had among the LEAST passing attempts per game in those years. BUT! They were very efficient when passing. Productive per attempt: yards, first downs, and scores. They were top-5 in Football Outsiders efficiency metric as a passing offense Kaep's first 2 years in SF, until the wheels fell off in '14. (Wheels fell off = they fell to the #16 offense, ie average.) Tyrod Taylor posted the best passer rating of his career with Roman in '15 -- not by a little either, a full 10 pts higher than in any other season.

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
Steve basically said Harbs has Lamar's whole rookie contract to be a winning head coach and get another Super Bowl.

The 4 year extension ends in 2022, which would be the year Lamar's fifth year option kicks in. This extension ties Harbaugh & Lamar together for the future. So if we miss the playoffs more, Harbs is gone and so is Lamar. Allowing us to get the new Head Coach paired up with a new QB who fits that coach.

Yes, do you remember when Billick was tied to or paired with Boller, and then look what happened to that head coach? I am still unsure if Boller was Ozzie's or Billick's baby, i.e., who drafted the bust.