• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

End of Season Awards Polls

Are gratuitous polls a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • YES!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Absolutely not, no way. NO.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just like clicking buttons.

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We're going to try something new this year. We're going to vote on various awards for the end of the season.

At the moment the categories will be these:

Feedback is welcome on the categories - any to be removed or any to be added can be discussed below. Not all of the above categories have to (or will be) featured but they are suggestions at the moment. This is very open if anyone does have better ideas for some of the less obvious awards (MVP, OPOY, OROY etc.)

Before all these threads get posted though, we need some nominations. To be clear we don't want your choice for each award but who absolutely cannot be left out of the polls to be voted on. It is entirely flexible depending on categories but ideally we'd narrow down each poll to around 4-5 options so that as many votes as possible count.

Where possible please be clear about which award a particular player (or person) should be included in the poll for.

The threads will be posted once we gather enough information for them.

Thanks,

Mods

EDIT: As the polls go up they will be linked here

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Pretty good idea, I think.

It's new and wraps up the season nicely. Good distraction from having to repeat the same shit on-and-on-and-on in other threads during the idle times.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
MVP - Lamar
Offensive - Yanda
Defensive - Marlon
Offensive Rookie - Brown. Close 2nd is @OriolesMagicPlease boy
Defensive Rookie - Kenny?
Coach - Wink
Breakout - Marlon?
Unsung Hero- Skura... LOL Ozzie
Leap - Lamar. I have a few others...
Game of the Year - Chiefs
Position group of the year - Secondary

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I hereby nominate @OriolesMagicPlease for every single award. If she doesn’t win I’m going to go on a massive protest of this site..... also I will hack your facebooks and post my shirtless pics on there, and no one needs to see that.

No pressure

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Unsung Hero- Skura
This is an environment of welcoming and you should just gtfo.

Anyways

MVP: Lamar
OPOY: Yanda
DPOY: Humphrey
ORY: Andrews
DROY: Kenny, when he was allowed to play.
Coach: Roman
Unsung Hero: Micheal Pierce or Ronnie Stanley
Leap: Willie Henry
GOTY: Steelers round one
PGOY: defensive backs

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
  • MVP: has to be Lamar I guess
  • Offensive Player of the Year: Yanda
  • Defensive Player of the Year: Humph, Michael Pierce very close second
  • Offensive Rookie of the Year: if it's not Andrews it's not right
  • Defensive Rookie of the Year: Young by default
  • Coach of the Year: John Harbaugh
  • Breakout Player of the Year: ZDS
  • Unsung Hero: Joe d'Alessandris
  • 2019 Making the Leap Candidate: Tyus Bowser till I die
  • Game of the Year: Los Angeles Chargers Week 16
  • Position Group of the Year: If it's not DB it's not right

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
MVP - Lamar Jackson - turned the lost season into divisional championship by his play and most importantly got the entire team excited and to back him up; huge change all around compared to first 9 weeks

Offensive Player of the Year - Lamar

Defensive Player of the Year - Marlon Humphrey

Offensive Rookie of the Year - Mark Andrews

Defensive Rookie of the Year - Kenny Young (not much choice here)

Coach of the Year - Wink, by huge margin

Breakout Player of the Year - Zadarius Smith

Unsung Hero - Willie Snead

2019 Making the Leap Candidate - Tim Williams

Game of the Year - @ KC Chiefs

Position Group of the Year - Secondary

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Am I stupid or aren’t we supposed to have polls for all these...why are you people listing them

arnie_uk

Veteran
Not sure how lamar can be mvp.

It was clearly the oline. The one game they done poor he was awful and we didn't even rush for 100 yds.

If the drop off wasn't as drastic, yea sure, but the type off offense we ran to lived and died by the oline, ergo, they are most valuable by definition

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I thought so, too at first but people started and I joined the party.
Maybe this all should be removed and we start over?
Nah. The way these things work, someone else will start this all over again and it will never end. We are better off deleting all this crap and locking the thread itself since the results are clearly positive

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Am I stupid or aren’t we supposed to have polls for all these...why are you people listing them

Seemed like a lot of work to make a poll. And then would everyone be listed? What if I really wanted to vote for Skura? I don't think he'd have been a poll option.

PAUSE

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Not sure how lamar can be mvp.

It was clearly the oline. The one game they done poor he was awful and we didn't even rush for 100 yds.

If the drop off wasn't as drastic, yea sure, but the type off offense we ran to lived and died by the oline, ergo, they are most valuable by definition

The scheme was better than the OL, to me. That to me had more to do with the actual OL play and why we lost the rematch. I'd dig into this more, but I'm not trying to start this mess in this thread.

And saying someone is the MVP doesn't mean they are the best player. I think Steph is the MVP for the Warriors but Durant is the best player on the team.

arnie_uk

Veteran
The scheme was better than the OL, to me. That to me had more to do with the actual OL play and why we lost the rematch. I'd dig into this more, but I'm not trying to start this mess in this thread.

And saying someone is the MVP doesn't mean they are the best player. I think Steph is the MVP for the Warriors but Durant is the best player on the team.
I know what it means. It means most valuable which was the oline or scheme as you rightly mentioned. When it faltered, tje offense faltered. Again, therefore that was more important to the teams success than jacksons play himself.

You can argue the scheme wouldn't have changed without jackson going in and you'd be right, but it wasn't his individual play that transformed the offense. As i type this paragraph i come back round to oline vs scheme and i agree with you.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

MVP - Lamar
Offensive - Yanda
Defensive - Marlon
Offensive Rookie - Brown. Close 2nd is @OriolesMagicPlease boy
Defensive Rookie - Kenny?
Coach - Wink
Breakout - Marlon?
Unsung Hero- Skura... LOL Ozzie
Leap - Lamar. I have a few others...
Game of the Year - Chiefs
Position group of the year - Secondary

Since this is supposed to be a positive thread I won't start a fight with you.