• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Offensive Rookie of the Year Award

Who is the Ravens's Offensive Rookie of the Year for 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was actually swearing out loud..like for the 10 mins following the pick
giphy.gif
I was high as a fucking kite so I kinda just sat there in sadness. If I wasn’t... yeah I would’ve been reenacting that GOAT gif

Impact to the team is something that is awarded with mvp honors, while OROY is more about raw offensive output.

Example: 08 when Peyton won MVP but Brees won OPOY. Peyton clearly carried the team on his back to a playoff berth but Drew Brees was the leagues most productive offensive player en route to a .500 season, different awards for players at the same position. One is about value to the team and the other is just about output.
Is there a rookie MVP and a rookie of the year award separately? If so I’ll split them. If there is only one award I’m giving it to Lamar

Either way I’m happy we drafted them both!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is there a rookie MVP and a rookie of the year award separately? If so I’ll split them. If there is only one award I’m giving it to Lamar

Either way I’m happy we drafted them both!
There’s gonna be an mvp award and this is OROY. I’m not giving lamar both when Andrews was clearly the most productive rookie, at least in my eyes, lamars presence brought a change to the team and he was the most impactful, but he wasn’t the most skilled or necessarily giving the most output compared to Andrews

There’s gonna be an mvp award and this is OROY. I’m not giving lamar both when Andrews was clearly the most productive rookie, at least in my eyes, lamars presence brought a change to the team and he was the most impactful, but he wasn’t the most skilled or necessarily giving the most output compared to Andrews
Oh well I can’t un-cast my vote lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dont get this. All the complaining about the OL but we draft a reliable piece in the 3rd and the TE is killing the vote. You all must not remember the Hurst and Lewis combo.
Zeus is a close 2nd, Andrews though looks like he could end up a legit all pro type of TE, because rookies just don’t produce like that at that position, and he was excellent in every way, looked like a veteran with his zone awareness and patience, reliable hands, catching while covered, high points, YAC, I haven’t been this impressed by a ravens rookie maybe ever, mosley and Torrey are probably the closest competition recently and I wasn’t following during sizzle and Ed’s rookie years.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Zeus is a close 2nd, Andrews though looks like he could end up a legit all pro type of TE, because rookies just don’t produce like that at that position, and he was excellent in every way, looked like a veteran with his zone awareness and patience, reliable hands, catching while covered, high points, YAC, I haven’t been this impressed by a ravens rookie maybe ever, mosley and Torrey are probably the closest competition recently and I wasn’t following during sizzle and Ed’s rookie years.
I wasn’t either and damn wish I had been following them back then. It would have saved me so much aggravation.

Lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wasn’t either and damn wish I had been following them back then. It would have saved me so much aggravation.

Lol
I was a ravens fan but I was young and didn’t understand football yet and I was more concerned with video games lol

We’re you following another team?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I was a ravens fan but I was young and didn’t understand football yet and I was more concerned with video games lol

We’re you following another team?
Yes, the Redskins. From 1981-2014 and season ticket holder from 2004 (Gibbs 2 to 2014)