• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Ravens Coach of the Year Award

Who is the Ravens's Coach of the Year for 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Harbaugh has signed an extension...I'm done.
See ya later. Also doesn’t mean he will see the end of his contract. Billick signed a 5 yr extension and only saw one year before getting fired back in 2008

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
Teflon Don Martindale

The ravens defense was incredibly overrated for years because the defense lost basically every one possession game we were in, and that was directly due to dean pees scheme,

No, you forget. It was the offenses fault for wasting chances and not building a huge lead that would be impossible to overcome. Doesn’t matter that they got the lead with a minute left in the game, defense did it’s job in the first half. lol

Last edited:

A1A

Veteran
Hey yall I suggest we all take a good look at David Culley this upcoming season. I did a little reading on him a minute ago and came across an interesting article in which explained how Reid let him go to the Bill's because he wants to be a head coach. To get there one normally moves up the coaching ladder to QB coach. After only one year with the Bill's, Eric hires him to Assistant HC. Now I cant say what Decosta is thinking but it looks like we've met our HC of the future if Harbaugh gets canned. I dont know much about him other than his days with the Eagles when they went to the NFCC back to back to back to back.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hey yall I suggest we all take a good look at David Culley this upcoming season. I did a little reading on him a minute ago and came across an interesting article in which explained how Reid let him go to the Bill's because he wants to be a head coach. To get there one normally moves up the coaching ladder to QB coach. After only one year with the Bill's, Eric hires him to Assistant HC. Now I cant say what Decosta is thinking but it looks like we've met our HC of the future if Harbaugh gets canned. I dont know much about him other than his days with the Eagles when they went to the NFCC back to back to back to back.
This is a Harbaugh hire. The coach hires assistant coaches. Now does he run it by him, I’m sure he does, but it’s up to the coach.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the assistant head coach title is one we've used multiple times to basically promote non-head coaches without firing harbs - basically they get a pay-rise, more responsibilities, and a more official sounding title but its not indicative of whether they take over

if harbs was fired mid-season the odds are still high it's either Roman or (maybe more likely) Rosburg

A1A

Veteran
This is a Harbaugh hire. The coach hires assistant coaches. Now does he run it by him, I’m sure he does, but it’s up to the coach.

Maybe your right and maybe not. I'm just reading between the lines. He was with his friend McDermott at Buffalo why leave after 1 year to be with Harbaugh? Cause their friends too?? One thing Reid said about his "guy" is that hes as loyal a friend one could ask for. Theres more here than meets the eye...Just my opinion.

A1A

Veteran
Not to mention the Bill's base is looking at his departure as an L and why would they let him go after mentoring their 1st rd pick QB after only 1 year?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Maybe your right and maybe not. I'm just reading between the lines. He was with his friend McDermott at Buffalo why leave after 1 year to be with Harbaugh? Cause their friends too?? One thing Reid said about his "guy" is that hes as loyal a friend one could ask for. Theres more here than meets the eye...Just my opinion.
He did work with Harbaugh for 10 yrs in Philly, somthere is the connection. That being said this is a higher position up the totem pole than qb coach in Buffalo.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He's an offensive minded Reid disciple. This usually turn out one of two ways. Either they go the route of Doug Pederson and are by all accounts brilliant, or they become.... Marty. I'm going to kms.
Given that Josh Allen, a total project in every sense of the word, and the rawest QB to come out in years, actually didn't suck as a rookie towards the end of it, that suggests something to me. The fact that we poached him makes me happy for two reasons.

1. Lamar clearly wants to learn and he seems to be at the very worst, a good offensive mind.
2. Fuck Josh Allen.