• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Article Breakout Player of the Year Award

Who is the Ravens's Breakout Player of the Year for 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This one's pretty tough. Going with Peanut - major improvement after showing some glimpses last year. He got stronger, understands D better and was let to play, thanks to Wink. Became quite a playmaker.
Humphrey will break out next season, after one of Carr/Smith is released and he plays as a full time starter.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
To me Humphrey is the clear cut winner. He’s an elite player or close to it and it shows it was a terrific pick.

I think you need to have a category for surprise player of 2018.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Allblackraven summed it up perfectly. I would've never put money on Peanut to break out before the season credit goes to Wink who has coached him up since he joined us as an Udfa.
Peanuts senior season highlight video on youtube is crazy he showed great range and had like 12 picks. A transition from FS to LB isn't easy hats off!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To me Humphrey is the clear cut winner. He’s an elite player or close to it and it shows it was a terrific pick.

I think you need to have a category for surprise player of 2018.

yeah that could be an interesting one... would be a difficult one to create nominations for but we can just keep going all offseason with different categories if people dont get bored lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
this is one of my favourite categories to choose:

I feel like Peanut deserves something but I'm not sure I can give it to him over Marlon or ZDS... Marlon I feel like he got the respect finally for what he's been doing almost since he came to baltimore and certainly since he started starting

but ZDS I think went from someone who in the offseason I thought had a chance of being knocked off the roster to being our most effective pass rusher and took over games more consistently than anyone we've had for a while and helped fill the lack of interior rush we had

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yeah that could be an interesting one... would be a difficult one to create nominations for but we can just keep going all offseason with different categories if people dont get bored lol
I wouldn’t get board. Btw we still need @purplepittabread88 to create the 2019 Forum Mock. I think the thread should just be called Forum Mock, then have sub threads for each year.

Tank

Hall of Famer
rookies were excluded given that its inherent that they are breaking out...
the list was also posted on the other thread for suggestions for days - people are encouraged to make suggestions for candidates or nominations in the season awards main thread
gotcha

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This is tough. It was close between ZDS, Humphrey, and peanut, but to me it came down to a few things: ZDS was pretty atrocious and he ended up our leading sack artist and a guy that I’m really gonna hate to see leave, Humphrey wasn’t a real breakout because he was a stud last year too, and peanut wasn’t quite on Zs level of impact for me.

So I’m going with ZDS.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Peanut came on so incredible during the last 1/3 of the season no doubt I really hope he can keep it up. I think he’s the perfect modern day piece for us with his speed. He’s getting better at reacting. Zds gave us so much interior pressure and push in run and he has sucked besides this which is why it’s him to me