• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Senior Bowl

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thread for observations on the senior bowl practices and game...

i missed all of South's first practice but watching individual drills and 1v1s for North and here's some things from me so far

Penny Hart WR really snappy route runner
Keelan Doss WR might have run the best route of the whole practice
Iman Marshall showing some really nice stuff at CB
Darnell Savage S pressed a receiver completely out of a play in a 1v1 drill

lots of drops all over - Andy Isabella has a hop step off the line which is useless and he really needs to just go - Jaylen Smith also looking really inconsistent

Drew Lock clearly the best qb on the North roster so far but that's more a damning indictment of everyone rather than praise for him

who are you all watching closely?

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

i missed all of South's first practice but watching individual drills and 1v1s for North and here's some things from me so far

lots of drops all over - Andy Isabella has a hop step off the line which is useless and he really needs to just go - Jaylen Smith also looking really inconsistent

Drew Lock clearly the best qb on the North roster so far but that's more a damning indictment of everyone rather than praise for him

I want to see Nasir Adderley 1v1 corner WR drills. If he can hang, I wouldn’t mind taking him with our 1st round pick. Keep weddle for a year, Nasir can backup CB (with rumor jimmy Smith release) and learn from weddle to take over eventually.

Iman Marshall is a great late round pick. I remember following him in HS as a 5 star recruit.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I haven't watch any practice at all, but from what I've seen on twitter so far is:
G Powers had a nice practice ++
WR Deebo Samuel, Jenkings and Sweat stood out aswell.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not senior bowl related, but last week our scouts met with Gaillard.
Garrett Bradbury looking like a zone center - really struggling 1v1 vs power

LJ Collier TCU doing nice off the edge

Zach Allen using his hands really well
Pretty much confirms his tape.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Does not qualify due to wrong last name.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I haven't watch any practice at all, but from what I've seen on twitter so far is:

apparently hunter renfrow and deebo samuel were killing it in 1 on 1s

EDIT: Hunter Renfrow's hands came in at 7 and 3/4 - apparently smallest hands anyone's ever seen in Mobile - he didnt have issues in college but that's something to watch out for i guess

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not surprised that Deebo is doing well. I would take him over either WR that went in the first last year. He isgoing to be a stud.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Yea Deebo looked got in one on one and in team drills caught a difficult tipped pass with ease.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not surprised that Deebo is doing well. I would take him over either WR that went in the first last year. He isgoing to be a stud.

I don’t know. DJ Moore came on strong at the end. He looks legit.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t know. DJ Moore came on strong at the end. He looks legit.
Yeah, but Deebo seems to be as athletic as Moore, just as good at getting yards after the catch, but is also as good as Ridley when it comes to running routes. He's a total package.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Shanahan is using the superbowl in an interesting way - he's not only looking at the players but he's also giving his assistants various different roles to work out how he wants to reshuffle his offensive staff - 2 different offensive assistants playcalling, katie sowers running the wrs etc.