• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Greg Roman

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I just want a Center that does not get manhandled by big strong defensive lineman and I saw Skura really struggle in that regard. I am sorry, but IMHO that needs to be addressed as a top priority.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Okay Greg. Let's see what we have here.

Projected OL

Stanley- franchise LT, no denying that.
Powers- Solid, average at best G. Deserves to be a starter in the NFL. Clear cut upgrade over Hurst, so that's a win.
Bozeman-Potenital to be above average player.
Yanda- Bar none stud
Brown Jr.-Has potential to be dominant RT, flashed at times, needs more polish.

That won't fufil Sami's "elite" oline but if that's the one we field it's much better than last year. Powers, Bozeman, and Yanda aren't super athletes, but they are all athletic enough to be in the NFL, wth Powers and Bozeman having experiences in both zone and power schemes. Bozeman needs to work on pass protection, while Powers needs to work on run blocking. The other three are good starters, with Yanda being a hall of famer, Stanley being a pro bowl alternate last year(and a deserving one), and Brown Jr having a really good rookie year. Line did get better, not like I wanted it to, but I trust Roman,and I think Roman sees Bozeman as the answer at C and can make Powers work.

Now fucking cut Hurst and Skura.

RBs.
Mark Ingram-Pro bowl runner, not as much tread on tires as indicated. Power back with underrated long speed, good receiver. Should cross 1000 yards. Bargain contract.
Justice Hill- Lighting to Ingram's Thunder. Needs to prove himself more as a receiver out of the backfield, but will win the #2 job easily. Dude is a weapon.
Gus Edwards- Overrated, but still useful enough to help grind the defense down.
Kenneth Dixon-Wild card. Best receiving back on the roster, but injury prone. His days are likely coming to an end.

The RB corps got a significant upgrade too. Ingram is the best RB the team has had since Rice, and is a perfect fit in our scheme since he's basically been playing in it for his whole career. Hill will not be Alvin Kamara, he's not even the same kind of RB. But he will add a different dimension. Edwards is an average power back who will still get his touches since we've had a committee that's run 3 deep since Roman has gotten here.

Passing weapons
Marquise Brown- Automatic game changer, impact will go beyond the stats. Forces defense to play zone all the time. Even a QB with accuracy issues akin to Lamar's won't be able to miss a guy who can get as wide open as Brown can 50 yards down field.

Miles Boykin- Big, strong, red zone threat, who knows how to use his size, good route runner, good hands, and good body control. Long strider speed who can play slot, as well as outside.

Willie Snead- Mr. Reliable. Best route runner on the team, great hands, tough as nails. Please resign him for next year.

Mark Andrews- Underrated blocker. Best route running TE on the team, good hands, underrated after the catch.

Hayden Hurst- Good blocker who blew a couple of plays open a game. Injury cost him last year. When healthy again, and when given the chance to make plays, he did. Expect a big leap.

So the weapons corps is good, but not spectacular. The WR corps is set, but we still could use another guy. Next year, I'd go get the stud. But Andrews and Hurst are going to run the passing attack for the next 4 years. We are a run first team, Roman uses a ton of two TE sets, he knows how to utilize a TE.

Lamar has a good situation to work with. Could it be better? Yeah, the oline should be fine but it needs upgrades. But the foundation is there.

I worry more for the defense.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Okay Greg. Let's see what we have here.

Projected OL

Stanley- franchise LT, no denying that.
Powers- Solid, average at best G. Deserves to be a starter in the NFL. Clear cut upgrade over Hurst, so that's a win.
Bozeman-Potenital to be above average player.
Yanda- Bar none stud
Brown Jr.-Has potential to be dominant RT, flashed at times, needs more polish.

That won't fufil Sami's "elite" oline but if that's the one we field it's much better than last year. Powers, Bozeman, and Yanda aren't super athletes, but they are all athletic enough to be in the NFL, wth Powers and Bozeman having experiences in both zone and power schemes. Bozeman needs to work on pass protection, while Powers needs to work on run blocking. The other three are good starters, with Yanda being a hall of famer, Stanley being a pro bowl alternate last year(and a deserving one), and Brown Jr having a really good rookie year. Line did get better, not like I wanted it to, but I trust Roman,and I think Roman sees Bozeman as the answer at C and can make Powers work.

Now fucking cut Hurst and Skura.

RBs.
Mark Ingram-Pro bowl runner, not as much tread on tires as indicated. Power back with underrated long speed, good receiver. Should cross 1000 yards. Bargain contract.
Justice Hill- Lighting to Ingram's Thunder. Needs to prove himself more as a receiver out of the backfield, but will win the #2 job easily. Dude is a weapon.
Gus Edwards- Overrated, but still useful enough to help grind the defense down.
Kenneth Dixon-Wild card. Best receiving back on the roster, but injury prone. His days are likely coming to an end.

The RB corps got a significant upgrade too. Ingram is the best RB the team has had since Rice, and is a perfect fit in our scheme since he's basically been playing in it for his whole career. Hill will not be Alvin Kamara, he's not even the same kind of RB. But he will add a different dimension. Edwards is an average power back who will still get his touches since we've had a committee that's run 3 deep since Roman has gotten here.

Passing weapons
Marquise Brown- Automatic game changer, impact will go beyond the stats. Forces defense to play zone all the time. Even a QB with accuracy issues akin to Lamar's won't be able to miss a guy who can get as wide open as Brown can 50 yards down field.

Miles Boykin- Big, strong, red zone threat, who knows how to use his size, good route runner, good hands, and good body control. Long strider speed who can play slot, as well as outside.

Willie Snead- Mr. Reliable. Best route runner on the team, great hands, tough as nails. Please resign him for next year.

Mark Andrews- Underrated blocker. Best route running TE on the team, good hands, underrated after the catch.

Hayden Hurst- Good blocker who blew a couple of plays open a game. Injury cost him last year. When healthy again, and when given the chance to make plays, he did. Expect a big leap.

So the weapons corps is good, but not spectacular. The WR corps is set, but we still could use another guy. Next year, I'd go get the stud. But Andrews and Hurst are going to run the passing attack for the next 4 years. We are a run first team, Roman uses a ton of two TE sets, he knows how to utilize a TE.

Lamar has a good situation to work with. Could it be better? Yeah, the oline should be fine but it needs upgrades. But the foundation is there.

I worry more for the defense.

Was going to make a similar post. Agreed on everything except the last sentence. Defense will be fine. Great secondary, great DL. Average pass rushers, mediocre inside linebackers. I think if peanut and Kenny can play well together, neither has to be great, we're an 11-5 team.