• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2019 Baltimore Orioles

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Like model's head shot? :D

eta: I need to know what I'm working with here.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Like model's head shot? :D

eta: I need to know what I'm working with here.
592859.jpg

O

OriolesMagicPlease

So far Bundy sucks and Chris Davis sucks. We have no starting pitching and our defense, well what defense. Sigh.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
So far Bundy sucks and Chris Davis sucks. We have no starting pitching and our defense, well what defense. Sigh.
I was holding out hope that our starting pitching would be a pleasant surprise, but so far that hope has been dashed in Spring Training. This is probably going to be another rough season for us Orioles fans.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

I was holding out hope that our starting pitching would be a pleasant surprise, but so far that hope has been dashed in Spring Training. This is probably going to be another rough season for us Orioles fans.

Most definitely and I know that is to be expected with a rebuild. BUT it would be nice to have some sort of hope. And if they don't learn to develop pitching, we are toast for the next 10+ years.

I know, I'm a ray of sunshine. :sun::p

JO_75

Hall of Famer
MLB has made some rule changes for 2019 & 2020:

Effective in 2019:

- MLB has reduced inning breaks from 2:05 to 2:00 in local games and national games will see a decrease from 2:25 to 2:00. Commissioner has the right to reduce breaks in both local and national games down to 1:55 in 2020.

- MLB now has a hard trade deadline of July 31st eliminating the waiver trade period, anything after July 31st is subject to waivers.

- Maxim number of Mound Visits has been reduced to 5 from 6.

Changes Effective in 2020:

- Active Roster increases to 26 from 25 from Opening Day to August 31st. Minimum number of active players rising to 25 from 24. Roster Sizes for Doubleheaders increases to 27 from 26.

- 40 Man Active Roster in September will be eliminated and all teams must remain at 28 players.

- Starting & Relief pitchers will have to pitch to a a minimum of 3 batters, ending the occasions where pitchers are brought in for specific situations.

- Minimum time spent on Injury List will increase back to 15 Days.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rules-changes

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
MLB has made some rule changes for 2019 & 2020:

Effective in 2019:

- MLB has reduced inning breaks from 2:05 to 2:00 in local games and national games will see a decrease from 2:25 to 2:00. Commissioner has the right to reduce breaks in both local and national games down to 1:55 in 2020.

- MLB now has a hard trade deadline of July 31st eliminating the waiver trade period, anything after July 31st is subject to waivers.

- Maxim number of Mound Visits has been reduced to 5 from 6.

Changes Effective in 2020:

- Active Roster increases to 26 from 25 from Opening Day to August 31st. Minimum number of active players rising to 25 from 24. Roster Sizes for Doubleheaders increases to 27 from 26.

- 40 Man Active Roster in September will be eliminated and all teams must remain at 28 players.

- Starting & Relief pitchers will have to pitch to a a minimum of 3 batters, ending the occasions where pitchers are brought in for specific situations.

- Minimum time spent on Injury List will increase back to 15 Days.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rules-changes

These are good changes. I really like the 2 in 2020 that allow roster increases ( I believe it still should be higher like 28 or so ) and man relief pitchers not coming in for just 1 batter is freakin great.

1 rule I would like to see change is the use of the overshift. 2 players in infield must remain on each side of diamond. And this isn't just for Chris Davis anyways. I hate the overaggressive shifts.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Alex Cobb injured his groin after a perfect first inning and is doubtful for Opening Day.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Karns will be the opener on Saturday, Bundy's starting Sunday, and Hess is starting Monday, per Roch Kubatko on twitter.

Baseball's almost back!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
RHP Andrew Cashner is taking over Opening Day pitching duties against the Yankees tomorrow. His last opening day start came in 2014 when he was with the Padres.

I'm so confused on whether this series is in New York or Baltimore. Orioles official site has tomorrow's game being a home opener for us in Baltimore while majority of the media has it being played in New York. Which one is it lol.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
RHP Andrew Cashner is taking over Opening Day pitching duties against the Yankees tomorrow. His last opening day start came in 2014 when he was with the Padres.

I'm so confused on whether this series is in New York or Baltimore. Orioles official site has tomorrow's game being a home opener for us in Baltimore while majority of the media has it being played in New York. Which one is it lol.
It's in New York. And then the home opener is also against the Yankees on April 4th.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's in New York. And then the home opener is also against the Yankees on April 4th.

I'm an idiot, I keep looking at the April Schedule on their website and not March lol. That's crazy that we play two series against them within the first week of the season.