• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Way-Too-Early Prospect Watch: 2020

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yep, was posted about a week ago. Probably good for us if he returns to school - he'd never made it to #32
Was never sold on the idea that he’s a sure fire first rounder... don’t get me wrong I think he should be, but I believe very strongly he was being seen as a 2nd

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Was never sold on the idea that he’s a sure fire first rounder... don’t get me wrong I think he should be, but I believe very strongly he was being seen as a 2nd
I agree, atleast this year with how deep the talent is across the board, especially at WR that there was a strong possibility that he would make it into the 2nd round.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jacoby Stevens, S/LB hybrid from LSU is a very legit prospect. One game in and I’m wondering where tf his hype train is?? He’s lining up in the slot in off coverage and patiently following the wr and responds to the breaks perfectly, no eagerly jumping or trying too hard to gain a step, just mirroring in off coverage in the slot. He’s lining up on the edge in goal line situations and setting a hell of an edge(remember, this guy is mostly a safety) and even had a goal line stand in which he was the outside defender and forced the run back inside to the penetration, textbook edge setting against a power sweep where the TE comes across the formation to block him and he wins it as a 220 some pounder, impressive. He is showing great blitz ability and is timing snaps, screaming into the backfield against the run and pass, he’s making plays on the ball in deep zone as a traditional safety.

I’m seeing all of this on his Texas tape alone. This guy just exploded onto my radar.