• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD V.9: SZN OVER

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yeah, that all has to do with insurance, bonding and liability. If you screw up while high and hurt someone it could could mean a huge hit on a company’s insurance premiums or worse. Obviously less chance of that in the office. On the subject, one of my sons was working a temporary analyst job a few summers ago and the place had a different keg of craft beer in the break room each week, and yes, a ping pong table. lol

I'm just now starting to realize the gaps in age on this board. For some reason always assumed we were around the same age.... right until that son comment.

Tank

Hall of Famer
But then on the flip side... I worked for a major roadwork company for years, and according to the old heads there, back in the day the foreman brought coolers full of beers for nightwork(night work was about half, or more of your schedule) and if the foreman didn’t have them then the workers fucked off and laughed their way to the bar unless he made a beer run...

I would’ve preferred those days lol
Years ago there was a local building supply house we went to that had a kegerator in the sales counter room. Yeah, try that today. lol

Simba

Staff Member
being discovered on ANY kind of substance while on the job in the US is a guaranteed instant firing from 99% of employers and youll likely be blacklisted in some shitty unofficial way, as in you can never use that job as a reference because theyll be sure to state why you were fired. at least in my experience... idk about those rare and super modern upstart white collar jobs that put morale first and get ping pong tables and video games in their offices and shit... but at blue collar jobs, absolutely.

Yeah it's definitely a modern, white collar job. No shame. It's a very young company so there's a pretty strong drinking culture. They told me the rule is that we can do it until someone ruins it. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, but drinking on the job is just so weird that I don't think anyone will ever actually take it that far.

I'll probably never grab one. However, I did go into the fridge today to grab a vitamin water and there was an oatmeal raisin cookie beer in the fridge that I was half tempted to try just for the hell of it. I'm sure it's terrible but it'll cost me nothing if I ever work up the courage lol.

As far as the other substances go, they pretty much told us in orientation not to do it at work but what you do in your free time is up to you. Definitely a big change from the healthcare world I came from.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I'll probably never grab one. However, I did go into the fridge today to grab a vitamin water and there was an oatmeal raisin cookie beer in the fridge that I was half tempted to try just for the hell of it. I'm sure it's terrible but it'll cost me nothing if I ever work up the courage lol.

Wat8.jpg

Simba

Staff Member

Lol my thoughts exactly. They have all of the normal stuff on one side, and all of these crazy craft beers on the other. Oatmeal cookie is the first one to actually make me stop and consider it just because it sounds so bad that I feel like I might have to try it.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Lol my thoughts exactly. They have all of the normal stuff on one side, and all of these crazy craft beers on the other. Oatmeal cookie is the first one to actually make me stop and consider it just because it sounds so bad that I feel like I might have to try it.
It’s like bacon soda lol

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
everybody in that bitch talking like TI lmfao
Couple of gems:

“Knuck If You Buck”: A lesson in personal responsibility, integrity, and the consequences of one’s actions

“Fuck You Mean?” The Importance of Clarity in the Resolution of Verbal Altercations Within the African-American Community.