• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD V.9: SZN OVER

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I do a lot of service work for panera, and after today, I believe we’re genuinely fucked.

while this coronavirus thing is ramping up, this place is PACKED, line to the door, every seat filled, handshakes and socializing face to face by everyone, and the people serving and handling this huge crowd their food, are teenage fuckheads who are literally talking out loud about how the coronavirus ain’t shit and they don’t care about it and are just entirely too careless in the kitchen, it was a complete shit show of shit spilled and splashed everywhere, workers dancing and “AYYYYYY”ing all over the kitchen and taking zero precautions.

If ONE person in that restaurant was carrying it, then the odds are that Aberdeen will become a hotspot within 2 weeks.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I do a lot of service work for panera, and after today, I believe we’re genuinely fucked.

while this coronavirus thing is ramping up, this place is PACKED, line to the door, every seat filled, handshakes and socializing face to face by everyone, and the people serving and handling this huge crowd their food, are teenage fuckheads who are literally talking out loud about how the coronavirus ain’t shit and they don’t care about it and are just entirely too careless in the kitchen, it was a complete shit show of shit spilled and splashed everywhere, workers dancing and “AYYYYYY”ing all over the kitchen and taking zero precautions.

If ONE person in that restaurant was carrying it, then the odds are that Aberdeen will become a hotspot within 2 weeks.
Bruh, this is why I'm not leaving my house if I don't have to

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bruh, this is why I'm not leaving my house if I don't have to
If it Ramps up this weekend I’m calling out next week. I’m not out here saving lives and I’m damn sure not gonna be one of the folks out here infecting everyone for no goddamn good reason.

It annoys me so bad that the mass majority is so ignorant, careless, and selfish. It’s our civic duty, every goddamn one of us, to minimize this, and nobody is making the small changes needed.

a goddamn university closed and they threw a party with their time off, showed a neighborhood rager with at least 300 people drinking and dancing and singing, you can find the video on facebooks “no chaser” page.

we are gonna get fucking rocked in the coming weeks. This is gonna open A LOT of eyes and there are gonna be some foundational changes worldwide after this is all over. People act like money and social status and freedoms and their president are factors that make them immune to pandemics, nah, this isn’t a foreign invader, viruses don’t give a fuck about none of that

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
i go to university of washington in seattle.. we are on quarter systems. we were all sent home with no idea when we can cone back. my econ said fuck it and cancelled finals. sounds great until i was sick for our ONLY other assessment and got the median. worked my ass off since that day studying. now ill end with a C in it. there goes any chance of getting into my major (no retakes) and idek if Ill be back this spring quarter.

i understand there is soo much worse going on and im praying for all your safety and health. just crushed right now..

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
i go to university of washington in seattle.. we are on quarter systems. we were all sent home with no idea when we can cone back. my econ said fuck it and cancelled finals. sounds great until i was sick for our ONLY other assessment and got the median. worked my ass off since that day studying. now ill end with a C in it. there goes any chance of getting into my major (no retakes) and idek if Ill be back this spring quarter.

i understand there is soo much worse going on and im praying for all your safety and health. just crushed right now..

I really don't understand why they couldn't delay the finals since this was an unforeseen occurance and its best to take precautions. Is there no one you can talk to?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

It’s a pretty safe bet that you will get help with that. Nothing is gonna just go business as usual after the shutdown, national emergency was declared, tens of billions are being pushed to help with the situation, things will change

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor

Interesting, my university offers livestreams and we can cancel any class 2 weeks before finals take place. I hope your dean changes his stance ^_^

Inqui

Pro Bowler
My wife and I have to quarantine ourselves for a couple of weeks now. We had someone over for breakfast and later that day it turned out one of the parents at her kid's daycare had tested positive for it (and the poor kid now has a fever). We don't have any symptoms and we were already both going to work from home this week, but it could be an interesting couple of weeks.

For some perspective, it's crazy to think that it only took three months to basically spread around every country in the world (aside from the really remote islands and parts of Africa that'll eventually get hit).

On the bright side, the big difference between this plague and every other one in history is better Wi-Fi.

Not to mention birth control lol.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
My wife and I have to quarantine ourselves for a couple of weeks now. We had someone over for breakfast and later that day it turned out one of the parents at her kid's daycare had tested positive for it (and the poor kid now has a fever). We don't have any symptoms and we were already both going to work from home this week, but it could be an interesting couple of weeks.

For some perspective, it's crazy to think that it only took three months to basically spread around every country in the world (aside from the really remote islands and parts of Africa that'll eventually get hit).

On the bright side, the big difference between this plague and every other one in history is better Wi-Fi.

Not to mention birth control lol.
Take care of youreslves.

You still in Pays-Bas or back home?

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Take care of youreslves.

You still in Pays-Bas or back home?
Thanks, I think we'll be alright. We're both low-risk and it's probably not the worst thing to shut yourself off from the world for a bit. The people I really feel for are the ones who can't get testing because they can't afford insurance (or some equally inexplicable reason out of their control) or don't have the option to work from home or take sick leave etc.

Still in the Old Country until the end of 2022. I wouldn't be surprised if things over here ended up looking like Italy in a couple of weeks. Spain just went into full lockdown (which I can't argue with) and France isn't far off.